Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread.  (Read 40431 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 11:33:48 »

I've just finished listening to the LSP covering last weekend's game against Col U and I can't help but agreeing with Rich P re the game tomorrow.

I think Barton is going to have Rovers right up for it tomorrow and they are going to be in our faces from the start. We are going to have to play intelligently tomorrow and hopefully with a strong referee this will backfire and we'll be able to keep cool and play our game. I do fear however that this might not be the case and we might wilt under their aggressive stance.

I hope to be very wrong but think we might lose tomorrow. 2-0

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 11:48:41 »

Wet and windy + fanny football = 1-4
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #107 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 11:59:30 »

Since 1968 in all competitions we have lost 8 times at Rovers but won 9 times with 4 ending as draws, during that run we manged to find the net 4 times in 5 seperate games.

In those 21 games we have scored 33 times conceding just 26, we have kept 4 clean sheets there in that time too.

For tomorrows game Rovers have imprtant players Nicholson and ex Town striker Leon Clarke missing and a couple of other players touch and go apparently.

I fully expect Piemaster Pitman to score and do the Truffle Shuffle in front of Town fans.

They have been playing 3421 with Pieman as the fairy on the Christmas tree so similar formation to how we have been lining up recently. They too like possession and keeping hold of the ball.

Rovers fans also have been berating their lack of goals with only 8 scored so far in their 9 games compared to our 9, but,  they have conceded double our goals against with 14 so far. They have 3 wins and 2 draw with 5 defeats and sit 9 places below us in 18th place just 3 points behind us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 12:13:37 »

I know I read a post somewhere but I believe it was old as well.
I will be watching my first match via ifollow tomorrow. 
Can someone that has been doing that tell me what to expect.  I believe it is really a single camera but how does audio work?  is the broadcast from the bbc just sent through with the video?  can you hear the crowd at all?  Someone had mentioned that the STFC fans maybe a little hostile towards Bristol's coach because of his legal issues, i would like to hear that ! Cheesy

any tips or info would be appreciated
Peter Venkman

« Reply #109 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 12:16:52 »

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/ian-holloway-ben-garner-bristol-5996150

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 12:25:57 »

I know I read a post somewhere but I believe it was old as well.
I will be watching my first match via ifollow tomorrow. 
Can someone that has been doing that tell me what to expect.  I believe it is really a single camera but how does audio work?  is the broadcast from the bbc just sent through with the video?  can you hear the crowd at all?  Someone had mentioned that the STFC fans maybe a little hostile towards Bristol's coach because of his legal issues, i would like to hear that ! Cheesy

any tips or info would be appreciated

Yes, it's a single camera from a good angle with the BBC radio commentary synched.  You can usually hear the crowd quite clearly.  In one of our games last season, they couldn't get the Commentary set-up so we got to hear a mic that was next to the Managers bench and heard every last ting our Manager at the time was shouting.  It was not pleasant.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #111 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 12:37:11 »

they couldn't get the Commentary set-up so we got to hear a mic that was next to the Managers bench and heard every last ting our Manager at the time was shouting.  It was not pleasant.
The manager or his shouting? Cheesy

Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 12:43:17 »

Interesting....nothing like motivation!
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 15:17:34 »

Will this thread have comments being posted during the match or will there be another thread?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 16:23:46 »

It値l be this one. JJ will supply a minute to minute text commentary and you値l almost feel like you池e there.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 16:29:08 »

I am sure DV will pop along to suggest a chat bot could be deployed to just post "Conroy passes to Crichlow, who passes back to Conroy" over and over again.
REDBUCK

« Reply #116 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 18:24:03 »

I get the impression that Iandolo has a bot already.   Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 00:17:33 »

I am sure DV will pop along to suggest a chat bot could be deployed to just post "Conroy passes to Crichlow, who passes back to Conroy" over and over again.

News Monkey has been out of work for quite a few years now.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 01:37:42 »

I always had a soft spot for Rovers because my great uncle was a fan. The last 20 years I think I dislike them more than shitty. Scummy.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 07:48:25 »

Avon calling. Pre match or-right moi luvver in The Commercial Rooms.
A couple of coffee chasers before sales of medicinal waters start.

With the rain, the ball should zip across the surface today, which might make for a more up tempo affair.
Should be a good atmosphere and the locals will have been whipped up into a frenzy following the sold out Wurzels gig here the other day.
Wonder if Pitman will be playing, defend correctly & he shouldn't be a problem.
The late Adge Cutler would probably have more pace & movement even now.

Hopefully no scenes of thuggish behaviour after the match, then again should be well away from the ground by the time Barton finishes media duties.
I'm guessing that JB still tries to project the pseudo intellectual persona, except that the invites to Question Time have long since dried up & he fucked that up anyway.

Can Garner do quiet smug mode if we win.
Must have been miffed to have the blame for relegation heaped on him by someone who had the best part of half a season to save them.

Not seen us score 4 here in the league unlike the other 3 venues.
Today would be a good time for that, but a sharing of the spoils more likely.
A win to go with the soaking would be gert lush.
Could be Goodnight Irene for Joey as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: