Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30689 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, September 16, 2021, 15:16:25 »

Dare I ask as I know the ground is in one of soulless areas with cinemas and restaurant chains etc but what is the food and drink like around Sixfields? Any top tips? 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, September 16, 2021, 15:35:34 »

Dare I ask as I know the ground is in one of soulless areas with cinemas and restaurant chains etc but what is the food and drink like around Sixfields? Any top tips? 

You're spoilt for choice with food. Maccies, Taco Bell, TGI Fridays, Bella Italia, Chiquitos. Couple of pubs there too
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, September 16, 2021, 16:22:24 »

You're spoilt for choice with food. Maccies, Taco Bell, TGI Fridays, Bella Italia, Chiquitos. Couple of pubs there too

Like if a miniature football ground was included with Greenbridge Retail Park.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, September 16, 2021, 16:25:38 »

If anyone has a spare couple of tickets or is no longer able to attend please let me know as will be willing to buy off you, cheers Cheesy
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 06:03:25 »

Matchday.

I always think we’re going to win - today is no different. It’s not over confidence - far from it - but who wants to predict their team is going to lose every time (like some).

Can’t see the game playing out much different to the previous ones this season. Both teams don’t score many, both teams tend not to concede many. Could be a bit of a bore fest, but away from home, who gives a flying one.

We’ll probably have a couple of high quality chances - just need to take them. I had my doubts about Simpson but he seems to have gained confidence from his couple of goals and looked our only threat last week.

Pop another one in, please.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 07:19:09 »

My initial concern today is we will get bullied.
Cobblers mate of mine that goes to every game saying they are playing well but can’t score goals.
They are solid at the back and the defenders are scoring.
Creating plenty of chances in the process.

Having watched every game, without Grant we simply don’t have a ball winner in central midfield.
If we still want to be the next Man City then we have to get better at it. First half at Stevenage at times it was working. Utilising the width, accurate and quicker tempo.

When it doesn’t work we won’t change to a plan B.
Based on this no idea as to how this game today will go. They will bombard our box in true Northampton style and will threaten from throw ins and corners.

At least I have a short journey for once.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 07:22:04 »

We defend pretty well, tbh. It’s the individual mistakes adhering to the ‘project’ that’s killing us at times.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 07:25:37 »

As a lightweight team, the only way to counteract being outmuscled, as we were last week, is to move it quicker before they can get near us. Today will tell us if Garner has any plan to react to what we saw v Port Vale, or just stick to the “pretty” but ineffective blueprint.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 08:24:30 »

Pre match lack of a high press at the bar in The Cordwainer.
Not been addressed as meduck yet but give it time.

A 2pm kick off is like the clocks going forward, except that it's an hour of valuable drinking time that is lost.

Did they ever find the missing millions here in the end?
Imagine if SBC offered to lend over £10 million to the previous owner.
The chronic greed & avarice might have caused him to keel over.
Anyway, I'm sure that the East Stand will look nice when it's finished.

So, over 50 seasons spent in the same division as Nofuntown since the start of the football league.
I remember one of their lot coming on here a few years back and sparking a debate on which was the bigger club.
Don't think it's them whichever way you look at it.

Hopefully no repeat of the stewarding shenanigans of a couple of years back. Smaller clubs seem to struggle with the larger away followings for some reason

Noticed that they have Ali Koiki in their ranks.
Might have been worth a punt when he left Burnley, but was still quite raw then.
Cue rampaging runs and loads of crosses coming in today then.

In terms of quality hoping for more Crockett & Jones than Shoe Zone today, both on and off the pitch.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 08:59:03 »

First game since Stevenage. Would take a similar result. Neither team scoring a lot of goals so think it'll be tight. Hoping the banter off the field might be a bit more relaxed than in Hertfordshire.

I'll go 1-1.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 09:18:45 »

Wollacott

KKH
Conroy
Crichlow
Hunt

Reed
East

Williams
Payne
Gilbert

Simpson

Ward
Odimayo
Iandolo
Gladwin
Parsons
Mitchell Lawson
McKirdy

Not necessarily how I would line up but think BG will go with East over Gladwin to try & assert a bit more control in the middle of the park.
Would like to see AK come into the middle alongside Conroy, allowing Crichlow to move out wide to potentially solve the LB conundrum, subsequently enabling Hunt to move out to his favoured right hand side.
Thus giving us the flexibility to play KKH further forward if needed.
Lots of options for BG to dwell on. I'm sure he'll set us up nice & compact with Plan A being to soak up the pressure & play on the counter.
Would take a draw today.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 09:21:05 »

So, over 50 seasons spent in the same division as Nofuntown since the start of the football league.
I remember one of their lot coming on here a few years back and sparking a debate on which was the bigger club.
Don't think it's them whichever way you look at it.

Noticed that they have Ali Koiki in their ranks.
Might have been worth a punt when he left Burnley, but was still quite raw then.
Cue rampaging runs and loads of crosses coming in today then.
In what alternative world would Northampton ever been seen as a bigger club than we are? even in the futile willy waving football forum talk. They haven't even been out of the bottom 2 divisions since 1966!

Their average crowds have always been barely more than half of ours at best and they have never won a minor let alone a top trophy ever, they aren't even in the same time zone let alone post code as a comparable team!

Had several courses in Northampton over the years and never have I see so many Chavs with staffies in a town centre ever, not even Gilligham cames close. Its like Blackbird Leys, Knowle West, Penhill and Toothill all mashed together in 1 cess pit of  Burberry dressed chavvery.

As for Ali Koiki, he had a bit of promise when with us but it was all pace and little quality, he is like a left back version of Tyler Reid, lets face it if Rovers fans say he was shit and was freed after just 1 season with them then thats no huge endorsement to his talents!

I just hope that we don't put the defenders/keeper under unnecessary pressure while playing short passes that are way too often short of their intended target or putting us into meedlessly silly positions.

Otherwise there isn't too much we need to change, just maybe have a plan B when plan A blatantly isnt working, as on Saturday, we get bullied too easily we should be imposing our quality on them with a high press passing game as we can do so well.

Unlikely to be masses of goals I wouldn't think a very tight game as most games at Cobblers are.

In games between the 2 sides in Northampton since 1963 we have won 7, drawn 4 and lost 6 games there, scoring 22 and conceding 22, so its been pretty even.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 09:35:52 »

Cobblers fan on another forum has said there are a lot of police on the streets of Northampton today. I guess that's possibly as there is both football and rugby on in the town today. Hopefully the only thing that kicks off are the matches.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 09:46:27 »

Cobblers fan on another forum has said there are a lot of police on the streets of Northampton today. I guess that's possibly as there is both football and rugby on in the town today. Hopefully the only thing that kicks off are the matches.
Hopefully mate, they have some nasty fans down the years, they came in 83 to Swindon and wrecked the Bank during a 5-1 win, their fans also went en masse to Kettering in the FA cup the year after and caused loads of trouble with my old mate Sid Sellars getting glassed in the clubhouse.

Then in 86 we went to their old ground (the fake County Ground) with the cricket pitch down the side and it was some of the worst fighting I have ever seen at a Town game inside and outside the ground when we took nearly 2,000 fans there while riding high in the league on a damn February Saturday.

Its dulled a bit more since then, partly due to our rise up the leagues their demise, but they always used to hate us, it often spilled over onto the pitch too back then.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 09:53:53 »

A quick reminder to Town fans, the game kicks off at 2pm not the usual 3pm today, just another heads up!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: