Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30718 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 17:18:40 »

Just don't get it mate. We had people saying it was Luke Williamsesq on saturday. We created chances had shots on target and were just bullied by a better team, much like when Colchester and Newport did it last time we were here
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 17:20:07 »

We have lost 1 game in 6 and people are saying things are not working

Madness

Fucking happy clapper.  Wink
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 17:26:10 »

I think Garner wants him to be a central midfielder, but he is still a problem there because he drifts left.  Maybe that positional sense will come with games, but he is running out of time to nail a position down.
Reminds me of David Duke in all honesty.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 18:05:38 »

Just don't get it mate. We had people saying it was Luke Williamsesq on saturday. We created chances had shots on target and were just bullied by a better team, much like when Colchester and Newport did it last time we were here

Too deep, too slow and inflexible is asking for trouble in any league playing any style.

As I've said it's miles ahead of where I thought we'd be and clearly they will improve but the Williams memories are so fresh and styles so similar, comparisons are inevitable.   
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 18:22:42 »

Too deep, too slow and inflexible is asking for trouble in any league playing any style.

As I've said it's miles ahead of where I thought we'd be and clearly they will improve but the Williams memories are so fresh and styles so similar, comparisons are inevitable.   
There is a huge flaw in what you are saying
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 19:11:51 »

There is a huge flaw in what you are saying

If you say so
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 19:14:34 »

If you say so
the 1 defeat in 6 says so, not me. i could understand if we were being hammered and conceding left right and centre or even not creating chances but we are not
Flashheart

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 19:40:59 »

Rather than the ambiguous XG and similar stats I found something a bit clearer.

According to this, we're 7th in terms of average shots per games and shots on target/game

https://www.fctables.com/england/league-2/shots/

I also wasted some time going through the match reports and, so far, we've had 2 more shots than our opponents have and the same number of shots on target.

Which both suggest that we're not doing nearly as badly in attack as some people are making out.
REDBUCK

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 19:48:05 »

Check out the Sites and Sounds video - biased obviously but we have our fair share of nearly moments

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/ifollow/latest-videos/
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 19:53:13 »

Goals scored is quite a useful stat

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 19:58:27 »

Goals scored is quite a useful stat

Joint 9th, although 3 teams below may or may not catch up/overtake with their game in hand.

Joint 5th for goal difference.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 20:14:09 »

the 1 defeat in 6 says so, not me. i could understand if we were being hammered and conceding left right and centre or even not creating chances but we are not

2 defeats in the last 6 in the league.
Also, 2 draws and 2 wins.

Which just backs up what everyone is saying. It’s alright but there is room for improvement
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 20:20:36 »

We've not been bad, but we haven't played that well either other than in patches and wollacott has been our best player

We're a work in progress how could we not be after the pre-season we had.  I'm just happy to be able to have a team to watch every Saturday.

The fact that we can have debates a about football rather than court cases is a godsend.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 20:23:51 by Pookemon » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 20:29:55 »

@flashheart

thing is. stats don't really show what actually happened. a dribbler into the keepers hands - on target. a thunderbolt off the bar - off target.

same for all teams of course .

I've been quite impressed with us defensively, Saturday aside. Yes Walacott is a big part of that too.

meh, we are a work in progress that isn't in top gear. we can look predictable and slow at our worst, and quality and punishing at our best.

bring on Northampton
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, September 16, 2021, 09:46:45 »

I also wasted some time going through the match reports and, so far, we've had 2 more shots than our opponents have and the same number of shots on target.
You could have not wasted your time and just gone back to Saturday matchday thread where I had already done the adding up!

Yeah we are creating loads of chances and TBF hitting the target with a fair few so far.

As you know I like a got stat even if you can often not read much into them.

If you add it all up (in all 8 1st team games played, thats 6 league, 1LC and 1 JPT), so far we have amassed

108 shots (13.5 per game)
40 on target (5 per game)
9 goals scored (1.1 per game)
an average of 60% possession per game.

Opposition sides against us have had

90 shots (11 per game)
26 on target (3 per game)
5 goals conceded (0.6 per game)
an average of 40% possession per game

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: