Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you eat healthy & exercise  (Read 9291 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 11:46:45 »

nope, I'm an absolute mess.

my knees went and I can't do much exercise. loved running.

got depressed, ate shit, put on weight, rinse, repeat.

really need to knucle down and change my diet. I need to probably lose 6 stone tbh.

need a goal to aim towards. too

Get a VR set.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 11:48:00 »

Try weight training. A few dumbbells will be fine.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 11:49:43 »

Cycling & swimming would be gentle on your body going at a pace you're comfortable with.

So, give no fucks
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 11:51:43 »

I eat healthy most evenings and salad for lunch most days. I also smash loads of cake and eat crap at times, plus drink more than I should. Working keeps my weight acceptable, and I'm too tired to exercise when I get home. My knees hurt if I run these days, so a walk on a Sunday is all I ever do.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 12:04:11 »

Sounds like you need a decent dump FH  Smiley

Weight training and sensible eating is the way to go (for me).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 12:38:16 »

Cycling & swimming would be gentle on your body going at a pace you're comfortable with.
yeah, I have a reasonable elliptical/cross trainer which is ok.

swimming I used to do but it's not as easy to fit in these days. It was easier to go to the pool in Chippenham at a lunch time (office in Chippenham).

mainly it's about willpower and change of diet/attitude. I don't want to subsidise eating with exercise. food is the key.

at this rate I'll have to join a slimming club. the competition of slimmer of the week will drive me on
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 12:41:12 »

On a cold winters day a bowl of salad dosen't do it for me like a hot sausage roll or Cornish pasties would!

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 12:43:39 »

On a cold winters day a bowl of salad dosen't do it for me like a hot sausage roll or Cornish pasties would!

For me there is nothing better than a nice hot bowl or 2 of home made soup on a cold winters day. We have a recipe book which as a soup for every day of the year which is handy for providing inspiration!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Penmans Penalties

now I believe scarf above the head

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 12:56:05 »

Always worth speaking to the doctor, I was a tad portly in January and a blood test for something else highlighted I was at the at risk of developing diabetes, so they have put me on a weight loss program ran by second nature, who very kindly sent me a fit bit watch and a set of scales for free. I have lost over two stone so far, and would advise anyone who wants to lose weight and keep it off to seek a similar program. The thing I find interesting about the diet changes they recommend is that they are calorie based, as they believe calorie diets do not work.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 12:59:49 »

For me there is nothing better than a nice hot bowl or 2 of home made soup on a cold winters day. We have a recipe book which as a soup for every day of the year which is handy for providing inspiration!

I've never liked Soup Bob so no good for me but I do like a nice winter stew

So, give no fucks
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 13:02:29 »

Since moving earlier this year my routine has been completely out of whack so haven't exercised anywhere near as much as I used to. Plus with a 5 week old baby in the house now it's even more difficult to find the time Smiley But that's just me making excuses for myself.

As a reformed fatty I've managed to keep off the previous weight I lost (around 4 stone) and maintain a healthy weight by just eating sensibly. Cutting out booze for nearly nine months last year/early this year actually saw me lose weight, but I'm back on the booze again now and have probably put on a few pounds. I don't tend to weigh myself any more, I generally go by how I look and whether my clothes still fit me.

I'm a big advocate for kettlebell training. You can achieve a lot in a short amount of time, both in terms of workout length and getting (and maintaining) a good degree of fitness and strength in relatively little time.

I'm sure I've written about it on here before, but I'm much more aware of what I put into my body now than I used to be. Not only from a weight point of view, but also being conscious of the long term health implications of eating a shit diet and not looking after my body. I want to be able to still function well in later life and everything I've learnt over the past 10 years or so of actively seeking out ways of doing that all points toward a good diet and a decent amount of strength training.
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 14:12:51 »

I eat and drink too much, but now only drink Fri-Sun.
But I do exercise a lot - cycle around 200 miles a week.
Can't run, as knees both fucked from kickboxing years ago.

Currently weigh 107kg's which is a lot, and I can't believe I used to fight at 14 stone 30 years ago !

The trouble with excercise is that it makes me hungry and thirsty !!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 14:13:58 »

I'm giving noom a go. if I remember I'll report back in a few months
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 14:45:55 »

Since moving earlier this year my routine has been completely out of whack so haven't exercised anywhere near as much as I used to. Plus with a 5 week old baby in the house now it's even more difficult to find the time Smiley But that's just me making excuses for myself.

As a reformed fatty I've managed to keep off the previous weight I lost (around 4 stone) and maintain a healthy weight by just eating sensibly. Cutting out booze for nearly nine months last year/early this year actually saw me lose weight, but I'm back on the booze again now and have probably put on a few pounds. I don't tend to weigh myself any more, I generally go by how I look and whether my clothes still fit me.

I'm a big advocate for kettlebell training. You can achieve a lot in a short amount of time, both in terms of workout length and getting (and maintaining) a good degree of fitness and strength in relatively little time.

I'm sure I've written about it on here before, but I'm much more aware of what I put into my body now than I used to be. Not only from a weight point of view, but also being conscious of the long term health implications of eating a shit diet and not looking after my body. I want to be able to still function well in later life and everything I've learnt over the past 10 years or so of actively seeking out ways of doing that all points toward a good diet and a decent amount of strength training.
Do you have a specific kettle bell set that you follow Sam? i really need to get back into a routine
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 15:29:48 »

A good starter programme is Pavel's Simple & Sinister. The aim is to get to 100 swings and 10 get-ups within 15 minutes. Don't worry too much about Pavel's goals for the programme (32kg for simple and 48kg for sinister). Suggest starting the programme with a 16kg and try to get up to 20 or 24kg ASAP. If you can master simple with those weights, you'll be fitter than 90% of people.

If that's too boring then I just mix it up with 3x8 of maybe 4 or 5 different movements like swings, presses, rows, squats and lunges. Throw in some burpees if you want to add intensity.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 15:32:04 by Samdy Gray » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: