Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you eat healthy & exercise  (Read 9253 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 19:03:29 »

Exercise: About 40 minutes every weekday, including HiiT which is intense. I intend to do more as well.

As for food - I'm no salad muncher but I don't eat much junk food either. Just about everything I eat (mostly Indian curries) is made from scratch - albeit by somebody else and then (sometimes) frozen. I mentioned in another thread the other day that I gave up on eating just fruit in the evenings. I was going to bed hungry and I'm not so dedicated to being in good shape that I'm willing to do that. I'd rather have a belly.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 19:05:37 »

I haven the same problem eating fruit as it leaves me hungry unless it's after a big meal.

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 19:06:24 »

In addition to a rigourous exercise regime 6 days per week, I can also recommend intermittent fasting.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 19:07:47 »

I don't think I would enjoy feeling hungry but I get it works for others

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 19:08:47 »

Truth be told still feel somewhat like a fraud claiming I had depression seen as it was self diagnosed and about specific things.

Particularly when other people (like those who have opened up on here before) suffer from it constantly but also can’t even put an exact reason on why they feel the way they do - they just do.

They have to live with it rather than solve it.

I imagine that can be completely soul destroying.

Shouldn't feel like your thoughts/feelings at the time weren't justified. Thing is with depression is that it's typically diagnosed by you hitting a certain score based on how you're feeling over the past 2 weeks. Might just find for some people the questionnaire is conducted at a good period meaning they're not diagnosed as being depressed. On top of that it's a scale, where you might only have mild symptoms, but are still classified as depressed - you're still not a fraud in that sense (just less depressed than some other people).

Glad to hear you're doing better anyway!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 19:09:36 »

In addition to a rigourous exercise regime 6 days per week, I can also recommend intermittent fasting.

Have had a go with this before, not a huge breakfast eater generally though so was a) quite easy and b) probably didn't miss out on many calories

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 10:42:53 »

I eat more healthily and exercise more than I used to. Ditched the fry ups, processed meat and general rubbish food except for treats at the weekend. Had years of eating shit and sitting on my arse so had to change it. I walk to work and move much more now. Gone from a 40 inch waist to 36 which I hadn't been for many years.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 10:45:12 »

Good story and fair play for changing things as its too easy to continue eating high calorie junk food and not exercising.

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 10:50:55 »

I weigh about the same as when I started exercising regularly a few months ago. Yet, I am visibly more muscular (which is heavier than fat) but I also still have a belly. If anything it's gotten bigger.

I don't get it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 10:54:09 »

Eat reasonably healthily (V. rarely have takeaways, don't eat a huge amount of meat and very little processed, I am quite lucky as I like veg and salad) and probably cycle c.180-100 miles a week (combination of Zwift and outside at the weekends).

My downfall is booze, drink too much wine and its too easy if day has been shit to just open a bottle. I've always had a gut, even as a kid, but notice harder to lose weight as I entered my 40's.

Need to get some weight off as signed up to a 100 mile ride early next month with lots of climbing which is going to hurt with my present post lockdown lumber.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 11:02:39 »

I weigh about the same as when I started exercising regularly a few months ago. Yet, I am visibly more muscular (which is heavier than fat) but I also still have a belly. If anything it's gotten bigger.

I don't get it.

Apart from cutting out the obvious junk food, sugary snacks & Alcohol I keep reading that a high protein diet can help 

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 11:09:28 »

Apart from cutting out the obvious junk food, sugary snacks & Alcohol I keep reading that a high protein diet can help 

You've missed the point.

I now have MORE muscle than before (which weights more than fat does), and my belly is still the same size - but I still weigh the same.

It doesn't add up.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 11:16:45 »

All I can think is you must have lost a lot of body fat elsewhere in your body and the muscle gained has coincidentally kept your weight the same other than that I have no idea.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 11:44:09 »

nope, I'm an absolute mess.

my knees went and I can't do much exercise. loved running.

got depressed, ate shit, put on weight, rinse, repeat.

really need to knucle down and change my diet. I need to probably lose 6 stone tbh.

need a goal to aim towards. too
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 11:46:03 »

You've missed the point.

I now have MORE muscle than before (which weights more than fat does), and my belly is still the same size - but I still weigh the same.

It doesn't add up.

Possibly just your perception of it? I fluctuate between maybe a few pounds and a stone over the weight I'd ideally like to be. When I'm at my heaviest I see the definition under the fat. When I'm at my trimmest all I see is the remaining fat

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: