Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you eat healthy & exercise  (Read 9263 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 17:03:43 »

As per title do you care about what you eat and take regular exercise or have no interest in either.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 17:15:05 »

Yes and yes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 17:15:38 »

I eat more healthier over here - mainly because there are no processed ready meals for sale. I also eat less. Less sugary snacks, too.

I’ve taken up cycling - albeit an electric bike but it still needs some input. I swim almost daily and hike in the cooler months.

I certainly feel ‘better’ but whether that actually translates into being healthier I don’t know.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 17:18:59 »

I guess you've got more fresh fish & seafood accessible and with the long hot summers plenty of salad is more appealing.
I try and walk a lot but it's still hard to avoid the processed food.

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 17:19:07 »

Yes. 

I, for the most part, eat very well, I mostly cook myself and am perhaps lucky that I actually enjoy food that happens to be healthy.  I live in a ski resort and work in a bar so will be on my feet most of the day.

The last few (lots) of months have been different, working in a ski resort bar means you tend to drink a bit, that's the hardest thing to take care of once a pandemic starts so once you're no longer on your feet all day and getting the incidental exercise in you need to be more proactive.

I try to drink less, habits can actually be easy to get into sometimes.  I've been pretty successful recently in this regard.  I still eat well, that's not something I can ever see changing, again I'm lucky in that regard, fast food is really not for me.  I have to be pro-active insofar as exercise goes as a 41 year old, I really like walking. 

Sometimes you drink more than you should and thereby not exercise as you should but I think I'm doing OK.  I definitely have markers I never want to go beyond and am very good at taking care of things if I'm progressing to that stage if I'm not on my feet as much as I usually would be.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 17:21:37 »

You sound very disciplined Tom which obviously works for you plus you got the crisp fresh air up in the mountains 

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 17:30:05 »

I'm pretty fortunate that I've never really been 'obese' but after Christmas in Sydney a few years back I had got to a weight that I was very uncomfortable with. I've always been quite disciplined like KT so was able to shift that weight and generally I'm able to maintain a decent weight. My wife is a great cook and we eat pretty healthily and don't go mad with snacks or sweet food. Takeaways are generally fortnightlyish but we usually make it last 2 days rather than gorge. Indian generally although Mrs Bob does cook good Indian food as well.

Exercise wise I try and walk for an hour a day, I love to head out and listen to music or the Loathed Strangers podcast. I'm pretty boring and have a route I take. I haven't been for a while but went to the gym 3/4 times a week. Hoping to start this early soon as I'm going to have to get back into the office and need to get my body out of the routine of sleeping until 8am!!

I personally think discipline is key and I'm 'lucky' that I've never been addicted to anything so having a few weeks off the booze is really easy for me. Forgot to say I have high cholesterol which my dad also has. I take stating to control it but its also in the back of my mind that I need to maintain a healthy lifestyle although I don't live like a super health freak.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 17:33:57 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 17:34:24 »

I'm pretty similar to you Bob although I don't work in an office so probably burn more energy up that you during the working day. How old are I'm 57 so becoming more aware of a healthy lifestyle.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 17:41:10 »

I'm pretty similar to you Bob although I don't work in an office so probably burn more energy up that you during the working day. How old are I'm 57 so becoming more aware of a healthy lifestyle.

I'm 42 Jim.

Yeah being office based can make you lazy but I do try and get myself out and about as much as possible. Having a decent sized garden certainly helps.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 17:43:11 »

Cheers Bob and yes any exercise is better than none at all.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 18:05:24 »

No & no.

Now at 36 it’s really starting to hit me hard.

I mean I say I don’t exercise. I walk 15,000 steps minimum at work. Although all at a steady pace.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 18:07:45 »

Your body does deteriorate quickly as you get into your 40's etc if you don't look after it. What do you do to accumulate 15,000 steps as that's quite impressive

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 18:09:06 »

Your body does deteriorate quickly as you get into your 40's etc if you don't look after it. What do you do to accumulate 15,000 steps as that's quite impressive

Push containers of parcels around.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 18:10:49 »

You sound very disciplined Tom which obviously works for you plus you got the crisp fresh air up in the mountains 

Wouldn't say that, like I say, I'm lucky that I only want to eat good food.  I'm also lucky that I still have time, Covid wise, to be able to get out and easily put 6-10 kms under my feet.  I don't personally see that as disciplined as I'm doing things I like to do. 

I do accept that many people don't find the time and I'm in a lucky position that when I do work I get the steps in anyway, without being able to work I've wanted to get them in as something I enjoy doing.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 18:11:03 »

I work shifts which dosen't help a Healthy eating diet!

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: