Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41953 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #540 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 16:24:43 »

Sorry but that statement is pathetic, full focus on the minority of mindless idiots and largely glossing over the actions of the stewards and just adding more publicity to the matter. You’re meant to be more focused on our supporters so rather than releasing a half baked statement how about wait on the full circumstances to become apparent so at least there is some balance. It’s become apparent from other sets of supporters over the weekend that Stevenage have Stewards that clearly aren’t fit for the job and more focus needs to be put on that.

There seems to constantly be statements for the sake of statements at the moment from all things STFC related!
Apart from the gofund me part it is spot on.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 16:26:23 »

That statement works fine in a ‘we do not condone this behaviour’ way, and is necessary for the trust and osc to probably comment on that. They address the apparent stewards behaviour, but it’s shouldn’t take away from the central message I.e. don’t be a dick

The idea of a crowdfund to pay for the repairs and fines is a bit silly

Yeah I agree with this. A suggestion that I, as someone that is able to attend a football match without the necessity to break and throw seats, advertising hoardings or rubbish bins about when at an away match to pay for the people that did is a bit of a nonsense really. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 16:42:36 »

I don't feel the need to chip in to cover the damage

I don’t feel the need for you to tell everyone about your moral stance that 99% of people would agree with and who’d say nothing about it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 17:11:09 »

I don’t feel the need for you to tell everyone about your moral stance that 99% of people would agree with and who’d say nothing about it.

My friend, that's a hot take. If no one says anything, the TEF will be a dull place. 

Nothing to see here
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 17:34:22 »

So the stewards can do what they want with fuck all consequences. So next game they get bolder etc. Town should withhold all money until such time as Stevenage have investigated their stewards.
Town fans should be encouraged to contact the club and it would be nice if the supporters club, trust and club took up the case I stead of rolling over.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 17:39:02 »

My friend, that's a hot take. If no one says anything, the TEF will be a dull place. 

‘Hot take?’ WTF?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 17:50:44 »

So the stewards can do what they want with fuck all consequences. So next game they get bolder etc. Town should withhold all money until such time as Stevenage have investigated their stewards.
Town fans should be encouraged to contact the club and it would be nice if the supporters club, trust and club took up the case I stead of rolling over.

It’s two separate issues. I don’t understand why they need to be treated as one and the same - and the club acknowledge that the stewarding is being investigated by both teams in the press release

Things get better but they never get good
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 18:00:53 »

Sorry Alex yours definitely wasn't a penalty even if ours was questionable!

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 18:02:25 »

‘Hot take?’ WTF?

An Alta Vista search may assist in decoding this

Nothing to see here
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 19:10:49 »

I’ve seen the clubs Twitter output blamed for whipping fans up in to a frenzy over recent weeks, culminating in Saturdays events. I don’t think that person was joking either 
Stevenage fan

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 19:17:52 »

Hi. Firstly, what a great game of football and a fair result I think.

Re your support. I thought it was fantastic, really vocal and hugely contributed to the atmosphere. Made the atmosphere in many ways actually.

Last five mins was just a bit bizarre from where I was seated (in the north stand opposite). Disappointing to see the seats and hoardings come down but I was with my five year old boy and other than the flares, he was oblivious to it. After the game we walked through your support coming out and there was nothing in the air, no ill feeling or menace about. If anything I detected some of your fans almost looking a bit sheepish. But they didn’t need to be.

Don’t be hard on yourselves, shit happens.

I thought it was a bit odd that the fella who scored your penalty (Payne?) slid in celebration in front of Boro fans. I wasn’t aware of him getting any stick and in my experience that’s a bit provocative but there you go. No big deal.

As for stewarding, it’s always a different experience when you’re away and it sounds like we had a few twats amongst them but I was just surprised that we didn’t see a line of half a dozen old bill walk out as that normally keeps a lid on it. It became apparent that there weren’t any old bill at the ground though!

Anyway, best away support we’re likely to see this year  Clap
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #551 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 19:37:28 »

The go fundme was being considered but on reflection we wont be progressing with this any further. Thanks for all feedback.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 19:53:11 »

Re your support. I thought it was fantastic, really vocal and hugely contributed to the atmosphere. Made the atmosphere in many ways actually.

Last five mins was just a bit bizarre from where I was seated (in the north stand opposite). Disappointing to see the seats and hoardings come down but I was with my five year old boy and other than the flares, he was oblivious to it. After the game we walked through your support coming out and there was nothing in the air, no ill feeling or menace about. If anything I detected some of your fans almost looking a bit sheepish. But they didn’t need to be.

I thought it was a bit odd that the fella who scored your penalty (Payne?) slid in celebration in front of Boro fans. I wasn’t aware of him getting any stick and in my experience that’s a bit provocative but there you go. No big deal.

As for stewarding, it’s always a different experience when you’re away and it sounds like we had a few twats amongst them but I was just surprised that we didn’t see a line of half a dozen old bill walk out as that normally keeps a lid on it. It became apparent that there weren’t any old bill at the ground though!

Anyway, best away support we’re likely to see this year  Clap

Fair assessment. Your goalscorer did the whole cupped ear to our fans. Que Sara.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 19:59:49 »

Yeah, I thought that was pretty unnecessary as he got no stick whatsoever from our lot as far as I could tell. But like you say, whatever...

Thanks for the comments Stevenage Fan, always interesting to get a different perspective...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 20:48:56 »

Anyway, best away support we’re likely to see this year  Clap

I think the old bill had money on the gypsy horse and trap grand national.
They were more interested in that than the football.😂
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: