Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41420 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 08:11:28 »

It’s two separate issues. I don’t understand why they need to be treated as one and the same - and the club acknowledge that the stewarding is being investigated by both teams in the press release

Quite.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 15:00:12 »

Ha, fucking ha!

* 7CAB7D06-4AAF-4883-9B2A-F3B65223B57E.jpeg (174.84 KB, 1230x692 - viewed 301 times.)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 15:09:17 »

Ha, fucking ha!

I imagine ours in in the post also. I suspect our rap sheet might be longer given the broken seats and smoke cannisters thrown onto the pitch etc.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 15:22:52 »

So I'm late to this but don't Stevenage like most football clubs have CCTV? I'm hardly one for the surveillance state but is this situation not precisely what that is for?

Find the tossers who can't behave and slap them with a nice fine or a ban instead of penalising the rest of the fans/club. Whether that be Stevenage or Swindon.

Anyone who was there can request a copy of the footage. Might be worth a go.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 15:38:57 »

So I'm late to this but don't Stevenage like most football clubs have CCTV? I'm hardly one for the surveillance state but is this situation not precisely what that is for?

Find the tossers who can't behave and slap them with a nice fine or a ban instead of penalising the rest of the fans/club. Whether that be Stevenage or Swindon.

Anyone who was there can request a copy of the footage. Might be worth a go.

The stewards I spoke to after the game said that there was CCTV in the away stand and anyone found guilty would get banned - although not sure whether this means banned from future Stevenage matches or STFC games. Clem said in the call with Vic on Monday that they would likely get a first and final warning and would then be banned so I assume the footage will be shared with STFC to make their decisions.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 15:49:32 »

The stewards I spoke to after the game said that there was CCTV in the away stand and anyone found guilty would get banned - although not sure whether this means banned from future Stevenage matches or STFC games. Clem said in the call with Vic on Monday that they would likely get a first and final warning and would then be banned so I assume the footage will be shared with STFC to make their decisions.

Wouldn't Stevenage also pass it to Inspector Knacker to pursue criminal damage charges?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 16:04:25 »

Wouldn't Stevenage also pass it to Inspector Knacker to pursue criminal damage charges?

I presume so.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 23:30:54 »

There seems to constantly be statements for the sake of statements at the moment from all things STFC related!

Indeed and awfully quick. Yet when we needed some answers regarding a pending VC...incredibly radio silent (I know Vic did the "On The Sofa" thing the other).

Still not happy how the Trust essentially blanked us on that matter yet were very quick to tell us that Doris, 93 from Eldene can still be able to get a Matchday programme!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 23:59:45 »

I’ve always wondered how they enforce a banning order.

Like if they’ve got your name and address and you have to book tickets in advance I get how you couldn’t use your own name.

But then you could just get a mate to buy it. Do the people on the turnstiles have a mug shot of all those banned? How does that work in say winter if you tried to enter with a big coat, scarf and hat?

...and if you were a Town fan and banned & had mugshots on the CG turnstiles then how would that be enforced at away games?

Do STFC send mugshots of banned people to the away teams before a game?
...and say you had a complete banning order as a Town fan and you decided to go say Southampton Vs Leeds - how on earth would they know you were banned?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 03:17:23 »

You are banned
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 07:27:14 »

Like if they’ve got your name and address and you have to book tickets in advance I get how you couldn’t use your own name.

But then you could just get a mate to buy it. Do the people on the turnstiles have a mug shot of all those banned? How does that work in say winter if you tried to enter with a big coat, scarf and hat?

...and if you were a Town fan and banned & had mugshots on the CG turnstiles then how would that be enforced at away games?

...and say you had a complete banning order as a Town fan and you decided to go say Southampton Vs Leeds - how on earth would they know you were banned?

I suppose you are totally dependant on stewart recognition. Sometimes away stewards go to away games don't they? No idea if they are legally enforceable and its more likely that you would only be in big trouble if caught doing something when banned. If you were banned and changed your ways you may not ever get noticed
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 07:30:26 »

If you have a season ticket that would be cancelled - you could also not buy tickets on line.
I guess the point is that if you get into the ground having been banned and are caught doing something wrong the punishment is increased because you have breached the ban.
If you get in whilst banned and do nothing wrong presumably they don’t find out you’ve breached the ban unless you or someone else publish the fact somewhere - I suspect someone banned for breaking advertising hoardings might be stupid enough to post on Facebook that they went to a game while banned.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #567 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 10:48:39 »

They wouldn't know if you were at another game but if it was a Town game they send it to their local police in the lead up to the game
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 10:55:01 »

They wouldn't know if you were at another game but if it was a Town game they send it to their local police in the lead up to the game

And presumably they'd travel to certain away games just to spot people on banning orders/known troublemakers.

They check the cctv in and around the County Ground too, although that doesn't mean you'll get caught. I met someone at a game years ago and only thought after that his bam wouldn't have finished by that point.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #569 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 10:59:50 »

Swindon always had one or two specific Police/Football Liason Officers that travel to every game and have a full knowledge of fans that are banned and keep an eye on them, they also now use social media to clues/pointers.

It does make sense that Swindon send a group of their own stewards to games as we used to do for many games in the early to mid 90s, especially when we are playing at small clubs whos level is not always the same as ours, especially whent hey are overwhelmed by so many travelling fans to a point they cannot cope so well.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: