Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Tranmere pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21366 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 06:15:59 »

He was unlucky not to get a brace yesterday. I like him, better than a lazy striker.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 06:28:26 »

Haven't read back completely so not sure if this was mentioned, but Peter Clarke's been playing longer than Simpson has been alive Cheesy think he used that experience well last night. Joe Murphy in goal didn't look 39 either I thought.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 07:36:18 »

What's happened to Rob Hartley on BBC Wilts co commentory he seems to have been replaced with Steve Hale or Phil Smith

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 07:43:55 »

What's happened to Rob Hartley on BBC Wilts co commentory he seems to have been replaced with Steve Hale or Phil Smith

Maybe he wants to be in the crowd?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 07:46:06 »

Maybe although you would imagine he had free admission for both home and away games.

So, give no fucks
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 07:46:44 »

Really enjoyed watching two teams playing Div 3 football. An excellent nil-all match. Simpson was isolated but agree we need a more experienced head up top to make it more uncomfortable for defenders. That said, I think Simpson will be an asset this year and will improve. Compared with Saturday we played much better across the whole team and you could see that the training is having an impact. I am sure that the season will have its ups and downs but we look to be assembling a team that could surprise and challenge. Great attendance too!

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:13:45 »

Good game.
Two clean sheets in first 4 games.
Haven't checked but must have taken half a season to do that last year.

Tranmere were better than Carlisle and very good away following for a midweek game.

Impressed with Parsons. Looks to have sprouted and filled out a bit over the summer.
Struggled to keep the ball in first 10 or 15 mins then his space management was excellent thereafter.
It's to our benefit that he somehow managed to avoid ending up in a youth player warehouse stockpile at Championship level or above.

The Hurdy (Mc)Gurdy Man is like marmite.
I like him. Got a great engine, so what if the satnav goes awry now and again.

The new normal after forking out £2.50 for a black coffee is making sure that the milk from the sachets doesn't squirt everywhere but into the cup.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:27:45 »

I see the Pox only had 6500 home fans in attendance last night.  Girl Giggle
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:30:57 »

Its pleasing that we seem to have got the defence sorted out as its great not to be guaranteed to fuck up and ship a couple of stupid goals a game, gives a much easier starting point (obviously).

I think as much as anything Simpson needs a goal and that could see him kick on, that aside we are crying out for a striker, our seasons over the last few years seems to hinge on whether we can get a decent striker in and sadly it seems very hit and miss.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:31:54 »

I see the Pox only had 6500 home fans in attendance last night.  Girl Giggle

And the Gas had 6005 😀 Also Doncaster have lost all three games so far!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:34:18 by Jimmy Quimm » Logged

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:34:17 »

And the Gas had 6005 😀

PPP came on as a sub and was booked.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:37:14 »

PPP came on as a sub and was booked.

I can't see him playing many matches once their pitch turns into a swamp as even walking becomes hard!

So, give no fucks
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:54:13 »

I haven’t read back - but I enjoyed the game - both sides played football, and had chances to win. Both keepers made excellent saves in the second half. On the balance of play we ought to have won, but some encouraging signs of a pattern of play emerging.
I thought Simpson had a good game last night, and was better used than Saturday, and Parsons also. McGirdy I am less sure about - whichever wing he is on he tries to cut inside and is easy to read. However, both on Saturday and last night he looked more dangerous when more central - and could have scored on two occasions. There was more pace, tempo and movement than Saturday - which Parsons starting ahead of Gladwin contributed to. Having said that, Gladwin’s passing created some late chances. I suspect when all are fully we may not know what is our best eleven as there are a lot of midfield options.
If KKH is back on Saturday, I’d start him on the right midfield, with  Odimayo at right back.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 09:05:13 »

I can't get on board with KKH further up the pitch, he's shown he's good defensively and very capable of getting into the opposition box from RB, I think we'd be hamstringing ourselves by putting AK behind him.  If you do that you'd have to sacrifice one of Payne, Gladwin, McKirdy, Parsons or Williams.  Any of the actual forward players being played at RW will want to cut inside a bit, having KKH bomb on beyond when that happens makes us much more dangerous in my opinion.

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 09:13:13 »

I'd be more concerned with the lack of support for the lone forward. It's about scoring goals after all. At times there was him with 5 of theirs between him and the goal. Too much for a young lad to do alone. I feel for Simpson as it isn't his fault. My only criticism is that he isn't the most mobile of players and doesn't play on the shoulder which makes it difficult to break through. Back to goal in front of the defenders makes it easy for them. Either he needs another body up there with him or we get someone else in who can lead the line alone if this team set up is going to stay.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: