Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Tranmere pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21490 times)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:36:33 »

Happy with that. No way will this side be in the bottom two come the end of the season. A good performance against a side you expect to be in the play off mix. Oh and an 8k+ crowd  Clap
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:36:51 »

Thought we'd struggle to begin with, and we've got plenty of room to improve but we have four points on the board and plenty to build on too. Above where I expected us to be so soon.

Over 8k midweek is brilliant too.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:36:59 »

We’re a decent enough team and Tranmere regressed to pure long ball. We need more up top!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:37:31 »

I'll take that point
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:37:41 »

Well I would have taken 9th after 3 games if you would have offered it to me before the season started.  I expected us to be bottom 4 tbh

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:37:46 »

Happy with that. No way will this side be in the bottom two come the end of the season. A good performance against a side you expect to be in the play off mix. Oh and an 8k+ crowd  Clap
Hope we are aiming a bit higher than third bottom!
Flashheart

« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:39:35 »

Reasonably happy with that considering. Would be unfair to focus on the negatives.

That's another pre-season game out of the way. Closer to being ready.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:40:01 »

Will take that. We’re beginning to look like a team. We definitely need a couple more up front, and we’re not going to see so much of McKirdy from the start now Williams is here. Would prefer Iandolo behind him on the left, and Odimayo behind KKH on the right. Payne very busy in left mid, and Reed looked solid behind him - better than Gladwin at the moment.

It’s starting to come together.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:44:19 »

its an ok start. as much as can be expected- we have good bits of creative play but that final ball is missing. hopefully that top target striker can unlock this team.

most players were solid tonight- im not a huge fan of mckirdy he can do bursts of brilliant but does run into walls far too often, really sure have scored in the 2nd half.

grant had his moments of brillance and control but could have cost us 3 times tonight- caught on the ball twice and a penalty claim for pulling.

im looking forward to this team in after 10 games when we have finished recruiting and gelled a bit more. you can tell already some training ground moves are beginning to creep in. the freekick knockdown for crichlow last week and the corner routine tonight which was cleared off the line from paynes effort
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:44:25 »

For a LG 2 goalless draw that was very entertaining.

Credit to Tranmere for coming to play.

Looking forward to seeing Williams combine with KKH.  Think we'll start to look dangerous rather than just controlled when all the players get more used to one another.

But without a more serious cutting edge that won't amount to enough.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:48:31 »

1 x W
1 x L
1 x D

Par for the course to some degree. Do that all season and Town end up on 52pts. Where would that see them?  Hmmm

Although I've a sneaky suspicion that they will get more than that.

Remembering that Town are still in "pre-season". The signs on the pitch are good.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:50:15 »

its an ok start. as much as can be expected- we have good bits of creative play but that final ball is missing. hopefully that top target striker can unlock this team.

most players were solid tonight- im not a huge fan of mckirdy he can do bursts of brilliant but does run into walls far too often, really sure have scored in the 2nd half.

grant had his moments of brillance and control but could have cost us 3 times tonight- caught on the ball twice and a penalty claim for pulling.

im looking forward to this team in after 10 games when we have finished recruiting and gelled a bit more. you can tell already some training ground moves are beginning to creep in. the freekick knockdown for crichlow last week and the corner routine tonight which was cleared off the line from paynes effort

Spot on.

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:51:34 »

Simpson isolated up top making it easy for their defence to deal with. He's not the most mobile and doesn't look like creating anything himself. Would benefit from another body to play off maybe or he is going to struggle to get goals.

Decent game overall I thought. Could have gone either way. Our keeper in particular did very well or we could have lost that.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:53:08 »

Reasonably happy with that considering. Would be unfair to focus on the negatives.

Yep. I think we need to give it another 3 or so games before we can properly start to judge
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:53:51 »

Plus the team are getting games under their belts.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: