Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 42034 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #390 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 15:57:49 »

Everyone knew we were going to get days like these, especially early on.  I am pretty certain we will finish above Carlisle this season.

After listening to their commentary team, I wish them nothing but a shit season..
100% this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 15:58:52 »

Everyone knew we were going to get days like these, especially early on.  I am pretty certain we will finish above Carlisle this season.

After listening to their commentary team, I wish them nothing but a shit season..

Totally in agreement on all points.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 15:59:44 »

Pretty much, majority of our squad have had 2 weeks of preseason yet they were hanging on against us and resorting to beyond blatant gamesmanship.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:00:02 »

The reality check most Swindon supporters needed.

The future is positive, but this season isn't going to be the picnic most thought it would be.
Flashheart

« Reply #394 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:00:46 »

Some bizzare commenting from Carlisle.

They acknowledge that we've been 'thrown together'. Which is fair enough, but they manage to make it derogatory. Then they seem to forget all about that when being critical of our performance.

Ah well.

Some good performances today, and some bad ones. Still need a lot of work. That's another preseason game ticked off the list.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #395 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:01:46 »

The future is positive, but this season isn't going to be the picnic most thought it would be.
Absolutely, but I think it was more out of hope than genuine expectation.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:02:51 »

Overall not that upset by the result today, we looked very leggy and like a team still working out how we play together.  What we can be pretty sure of, I think, is that we will get better as the players get fit and learn how to work with each other.  Lots of individual efforts still at the moment.  

Carlisle look competent enough, better than many teams will be but probably short of a play off team I would think (although everyone else could be as shit as Scunthorpe for all I know).

Reed was a worry, but I am hoping it's just rustiness and a lack of fitness right now.  He basically dropped further back than our centre backs as the game went on.  He was where fast build up play went to die and Carlisle players went to get space.  If that was what we can expect from him than him and Grant together would be a problem.  However, he's one I expect will get better with games.

McKirdy is flashy but has the same (usual) powder puff finish as Payne.  Payne has more about him to open up a defence though, so he could be the one most likely to get pressure from Williams.

Over the two games I think we have shown enough that we will not struggle, hope that we can improve with games and time under our belts but maybe a softness in the middle that needs sorting out.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #397 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:03:26 »

Before the first game I said that the first 4 or 5 games are basically free hits for Garner, the first 3 games have resulted in 1 win, 1 draw and 1 single goal defeat, I am happy with that so far.

Flashheart

« Reply #398 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:03:48 »

I don't know anybody who thought it would be. Although I do try and avoid most other online channels.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:04:11 »

Ugly side but at this level you've got to admire Carlisle's cohesive purpose.

This is still pre season for us and I wouldn't be too harsh on any individuals.

We are however quite reliant offensively on KKH already. I'd credit criticised players like McK and Payne for not hiding in the middle of a disjointed performance.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:09:38 »

And to top it off, that prick Hodgetts is now trying to put extra negative spin (on the fact that Town made many chances), into an "opportunities missed" type of comment. Steve Hale essentially just told him to fuck off by saying well it's great they are making those chances so goals will come.

I wonder who the fuck which team Shawwwwwwn wants to bat for because I think he spends half his time still negotiating comms with Lee Powers ball sack in his mouth. You'd think he'd be buzzing about the match and that we have a fucking club to support.

Town could have won that today. Shame about KKH second yellow. Composure will come for him. Could have had a hattrick on another day but then that is why he is on loan to refine his game.

Just didn't quite have enough today. Unfair to put it on to Simpson to carry our season although he will get better. Town will add strength where it's needed. Williams to start yet too and I'm confident Town will end the season much stronger.

Likewise one win doesn't make a season, neither does one loss. It's just nice to have the privilege to talk about football at STFC again.

Awesome to see near on 10k fans.

Town will finish above Carlisle Smiley
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:15:32 by bamboohoomyavatar » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:11:00 »

Guaranteed result. We're on a 1 game roll and we get dicked by a rough shite side. Predictable.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:12:50 »

Carlisle were there for the taking but we are a very new squad. Hopefully they will fade.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:14:14 »

Loved today. Pissed off with queuing for a beer at CGH and in the groun, but hey that's what it's all about. Kids loved it. They are shattered!

The biggest thing that annoyed me? Swindon Fans. Always moaning. Moaning at players. These players have not known each other for long.

We didn't deserve to lose today, but lacked the end product to deserve to win it.

Striker needed.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 16:15:12 »

Yep.

As great as the result was last week - we did lose sight of the fact that Scunthorpe were the worst team to not be relegated last season and they stayed up by 3 points.

They’ll probably be about 20 teams better than Scunthorpe this season, us included.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: