Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41981 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 17:02:45 »

Yeah but not everyone's as technologically advanced as you Audrey 😉😆...joking apart though, there are still a fair few people around (generally the older generation) who just like to do things how they always have done in the past. They shouldn't get forgotten about. And to be fair, going by Private Fraser's post it looks like they'll get sorted out...

Edit: I do agree that print at home tickets are superb. Life would be boring if we were all the same though 😉
That’s fair enough, but most older people would have someone who could do it for them - especially, hopefully, it’s only a short term problem.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 17:17:35 »

I'm sure it will be...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 17:55:12 »

The Mercedez Benz Stadium in Atlanta is mobile ticket entry only, with funky QR codes that can't be replicated/printed.  They get 70k+ inside with little to no queues - I can only imagine the scenes if such technology was the only form of entry at the County Ground.  There would be 100 people long queues and old codgers wandering around in a daze in the car park with teams of Stewards trying to herd them up.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 19:30:22 »

Carlisle have sold 234 tickets for Saturday. Not bad for a shit of a long way.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 20:33:00 »

Such a shame they will have that long journey back after we have given them a good beating as well.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 20:46:35 »

They had over 500 at Sheffield United on Tuesday whic was impressive

So, give no fucks
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 20:54:10 »

The Mercedez Benz Stadium in Atlanta is mobile ticket entry only, with funky QR codes that can't be replicated/printed.  They get 70k+ inside with little to no queues - I can only imagine the scenes if such technology was the only form of entry at the County Ground.  There would be 100 people long queues and old codgers wandering around in a daze in the car park with teams of Stewards trying to herd them up.

It’s QR codes over here now, too. I had no problems at the turnstile at Scunthorpe with a paper version and, hopefully, won’t have any with my season ticket on my phone at the CG on Saturday. And I’m a borderline “old codger” 😂

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 07:45:42 »

Apart from Lyden and Frenchie, we have a clean bill of health - everyone else available.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 08:39:52 »

I read something recently about TfL's use of Oyster/contactless massively increasing the number of people who pass through the barriers per minute vs paper tickets. Imagine it's the same in this instance, until you get people who don't know how to use it, as others have pointed out. In which case I guess having a number of 'mobile only' gates along with a few for general entry might be the way forward.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 08:40:04 »

Oh Clem Morfuni, you’re the love of my life, oh Clem Morfuni, you’ve saved our football club, oh Clem Morfuni, we drink Aussie beer too..

Should anyone wish to amend that, feel free.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 09:04:01 »

Clem, Clem wherever he may be
He drove a truck to the County G
He sold tickets and he fucked Lee
And we go down on bended knee

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #86 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 09:08:42 »

Last 2 visits they have brought 302 and 298 so bang on average if possiby a little down on usual.

They have never travelled in any numbers though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 09:20:33 »

What’s the problem then? Print at home or queue up outside the CG in all weathers?

Now I know its not a problem, but I had planned to meet people at ground and buy tickets together Bit more of a faff to do co-ordinate online but luckily I read this thread beforehand  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #88 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 09:30:18 »

I see the publicity around Clem is reaching other parts now, having a look on the Villa forum where they were talking about KKH was this comment.

Swindon fans were massively impressed with his performance and it sounds like he had a great debut - hopefully he'll continue to do well.

The Swindon story is mental - a couple of weeks ago they had about eight players on the books, they hadn't paid wages in a while and there was a genuine fear that they might not be able to start the season - a new owner has come in, shored everything up, they've gone out and got a load of players in (including Kaine) and they suddenly look like they have a chance of competing this season - it's fair to say their fans are feeling on top of the world right now - good luck to em, I've got no particular feelings on Swindon Town, but it's alway horrible to see a club come so close to going out of business and always fun to see a new owner mobbed in the away end when he's decided to watch his first game with the fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 09:44:21 »

Now I know its not a problem, but I had planned to meet people at ground and buy tickets together Bit more of a faff to do co-ordinate online but luckily I read this thread beforehand  Smiley

One of you buys all the tickets online and you sends them the cash, simples?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: