Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41083 times)
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:02:43 »

Heard it's an EFL directive. If the club have any sense they'll have people on hand to assist anyone who hasn't got a ticket and can't get one on their phone.

Well that's saved me 4 hours of driving and disappointment! Thanks for posting that
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:03:52 »

Just hope the same old apathy doesn’t materialise or the excuses of, “I’m not going until..........”

Maybe getting carried away but who wouldn’t after the last 3 weeks and that superb away day last Saturday.
No blame on the club in anyway this time, doing everything right and hope they get rewarded by a bumper crowd to sign in the new era.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:06:41 »

I do worry how many of the older generation will know you can’t just turn up and buy a ticket. I can’t imagine my grandad being on Twitter to find these type of things out when he was about.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:12:56 »

I do worry how many of the older generation will know you can’t just turn up and buy a ticket. I can’t imagine my grandad being on Twitter to find these type of things out when he was about.

Not sure what more the club can do though, possibly get a press release out so its in the Advertiser and on the wireless and that's about it? If it is an FL diktat I cannot see us being the only club having to manage this issue, I see that you can buy walk ups for the Salford game but that's for a terrace rather than allocated seating?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:17:33 »

I was going to turn up and attempt to buy a ticket after midday. The TEF has spared my blushes. Many thanks.

Nothing to see here
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:24:08 »

A hell of a lot of people are going to be doing that up and down the country. All the Clubs need to have measures in place to deal with it...
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:25:20 »

From the Trust on Twitter just now:

“We fed back to the club around this scenario, and they've told us they're looking at the policy.

I don't believe any fan arriving before kick-off looking to purchase a ticket will be turned away, and there should be staff on hand to support/advise of the process. #STFC”
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:27:38 »

I’d allocate tickets around the CG. Say, in pubs, eateries, shops etc. Much like lottery tickets. I’d imagine with the feel good factor around the place at the moment some local businesses would jump at the chance.

Can tickets not be downloaded and printed at home?
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:29:20 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:31:21 »

I’d allocate tickets around the CG. Say, in pubs, eateries, shops etc. Much like lottery tickets. I’d imagine with the feel good factor around the place at the moment some local businesses would jump at the chance.

Can tickets not be downloaded and printed at home?

Yes. That's how I buy mine.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:33:31 »

What’s the problem then? Print at home or queue up outside the CG in all weathers?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:33:49 »

I was going to turn up and attempt to buy a ticket after midday. The TEF has spared my blushes. Many thanks.

I don't think you can get away end tickets at the ground.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:34:39 »

What’s the problem then? Print at home or queue up outside the CG in all weathers?

No idea, piece of piss to get it beforehand, and no bloody queueing.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:45:15 »

Yeah but not everyone's as technologically advanced as you Audrey 😉😆...joking apart though, there are still a fair few people around (generally the older generation) who just like to do things how they always have done in the past. They shouldn't get forgotten about. And to be fair, going by Private Fraser's post it looks like they'll get sorted out...

Edit: I do agree that print at home tickets are superb. Life would be boring if we were all the same though 😉
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:49:47 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #73 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:48:17 »

Believe club are extending ticket window from 12 to 1pm too
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 16:50:46 »

I don't think you can get away end tickets at the ground.

Nice !

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: