Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41077 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 07:51:50 »

Looking at the map on the ticket website it looks like we have already sold a fair few. Looks like the Arkells block nearest the townend is blocked out - I wonder if there are problems with this part of the stadium (e.g. maintenance required) or if they will open it as they sell more tickets. I would be surprised if we had less than about 9500.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 07:55:58 »

Looking at the map on the ticket website it looks like we have already sold a fair few. Looks like the Arkells block nearest the townend is blocked out - I wonder if there are problems with this part of the stadium (e.g. maintenance required) or if they will open it as they sell more tickets. I would be surprised if we had less than about 9500.

it was closed off last season to save on staffing I believe. seems strange that they would continue that but perhaps not expecting it needed for league 2
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 08:34:38 »

Why are people saying some people are nervous? I’m yet to see one football fan say they are worried about returning to football, let alone it knocking 2K off the gate. The last time we played them at The County Ground we won 3-2 watched by a crowd of 7,024 of which 298 were Carlisle fans.

I won't be at the game Saturday as my Dad is still really nervous about going out and being around large groups of people (he's in his mid-70s) and as I always go to Swindon with him I won't be going either (I'm quite happy to go - and have been to a couple of sporting events since we were allowed).

I don't think he's been helped by the fact he took part in a study to see what anti-bodies he had to Covid following his 2nd jab and the test showed he hadn't built up any - which has just made him even more worried about going out!

He's talking about going to games later in the season though so hopefully he'll feel comfortable going in the not too distant future.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 09:04:48 »

Why are people saying some people are nervous? I’m yet to see one football fan say they are worried about returning to football, let alone it knocking 2K off the gate. The last time we played them at The County Ground we won 3-2 watched by a crowd of 7,024 of which 298 were Carlisle fans.

That's a pretty blinkered view that you have of the world there

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 09:23:46 »

We surveyed two people and the survey saaaaaays…… it’s fine
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 09:29:52 »

Reminds me of the time I was speaking to a friend last year who was a bit of a Covid sceptic and used the argument that because she didn't know anyone who had had Covid, then it pretty much didn't exist. At the time I didn't know anyone either but I was fully aware of its existence.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 09:36:28 »

We surveyed two people and the survey saaaaaays…… it’s fine

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 09:56:00 »

Carlisle look likely to sign Cambridge striker Andy Dallas before the game, the Scots striker wants to move closer to his family home in Glasgow. Scored 12 in 25 for Weymouth in the conference last season but only 3 in his 23 games for Cambridge.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 10:11:51 »

And I've seen plenty who are nervous about returning.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 10:16:13 »

What makes me laugh are the Christian covid deniers using the 'I can't see the infection and don't know anyone with it' defence...

I'm nervous, and was before the Peteboghorror match too. You just gotta be sensible, spending as little time as possible in the indoor areas, wearing a mask, usual crap. Two sisters have had it, a couple of friends have too and my partner's godmother died from it early this year.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 10:18:34 »

And I've seen plenty who are nervous about returning.
Even if I was in a position and location to be able to attend I am not sure I would yet due to my health problems, and I also know at least 3 other regular attenders that aren't going back as yet due to concerns, especially so in a large (hopefully) crowd.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 11:32:18 »

Going to be interesting on Saturday, probably the first time some people will have sat next to strangers in 17 months. I just hope there’s no arguments over people wanting anyone sitting next to them to wear a mask or whatever as has been a bit of that at other grounds.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 11:38:51 »

Going to be interesting on Saturday, probably the first time some people will have sat next to strangers in 17 months. I just hope there’s no arguments over people wanting anyone sitting next to them to wear a mask or whatever as has been a bit of that at other grounds.

I would never presume to tell someone to do something that they are not required to do (whether  they should be in a confined space with extended exposure is another debate).  If I was unvaccinated still, or partial, or nervous about being exposed, but OK with attending an outdoor event with some space, I'd likely just up and move.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 11:59:59 »

Are they selling matchday tickets right up until 3 at the CG or still doing the friendly thing where they were stopping at 12 or whatever it was?
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 12:21:34 »

All seemed quite well mannered on Tuesday, albeit with fewer Town fans in proximity. For the most part I'd like the believe our following aren't too sub-human to be wankers and exercise a little humanity to those that may be a little anxious

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: