Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 47016 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:15:25 »

I don’t think it was diving per se they were moaning about, more general shithousery to see the match out.

Or, game management, if you prefer the posh term. The sort of stuff every single team do.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:19:45 »

I didn't see any diving by us at all, not like under Wellens where every players knew how to win free kicks.

All I did see is that Payne and Grant especially were given fouls under weak challenges, but thats a strong point of both their games, Twine needs to take note.
I do remember one occasion when Payne won a free kick and I said to Mrs Taylor that he'd played for it. But in no way shape or form did it equate to diving...
Flashheart

« Reply #512 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:21:53 »

I don’t think it was diving per se they were moaning about, more general shithousery to see the match out.

Or, game management, if you prefer the posh term. The sort of stuff every single team do.

There was some sublime shithousery from the General on Saturday. He really got under the skin of some of their players.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:25:07 »

One guy on twitter complaining about Swindon diving when the tweet he was replying to was a photo of their player already started his way to the floor before Jojo had even made contact to him.

Lovely irony.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:27:57 »

I’m still not convinced it was a pen fir them. JoJo clearly changed the trajectory of the ball before their player was felled.
kaufman

« Reply #515 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:28:43 »

One guy on twitter complaining about Swindon diving when the tweet he was replying to was a photo of their player already started his way to the floor before Jojo had even made contact to him.

Lovely irony.

Good pun!
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:52:04 »

I’m still not convinced it was a pen fir them. JoJo clearly changed the trajectory of the ball before their player was felled.
I thought the same jojo got the ball then the player

ome on you reds
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #517 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:55:11 »

I thought the same jojo got the ball then the player
From the camera angle it was hard to tell but the ref had the same sort of angle so I am not susprised he gave it even though the ball did change trajectory a little in the clash so someone got a hand/foot to the ball, and going by the direction it seemed more likely a hand than a foot which would have meant it wasn't a penalty.

But the ref gave it and thats that really.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #518 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 14:06:20 »

I'm glad now that he did give it.

Coming back from behind helps to build more cohesion as a team.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 14:11:51 »

Loft was going down before JoJo made contact but it was stupid of him to rush at Loft like that when he's going away from goal. It kicked us into gear though and after that we battered them.

Grants shithousing was phenomenal on Saturday. Undoing the players laces while waiting for the penalty was my favourite. He really got under their skin, especially the no. 7 who lost his cool a bit.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 14:21:15 »

Loft was going down before JoJo made contact but it was stupid of him to rush at Loft like that when he's going away from goal. It kicked us into gear though and after that we battered them.

Grants shithousing was phenomenal on Saturday. Undoing the players laces while waiting for the penalty was my favourite. He really got under their skin, especially the no. 7 who lost his cool a bit.
I had no idea he did that...absolutely briliant Cheesy
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 14:41:33 »

Undoing laces 😂 man I wish there was some footage of that

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Flashheart

« Reply #522 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 14:44:08 »

What was his yellow for?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #523 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 14:48:23 »

What was his yellow for?
We couldn't see anything wrong on iFollow it sort of came out of the blue, whether he said something to the ref maybe?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 15:56:16 »

Definitely a penalty but no need to have given it away.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: