Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 47459 times)
Hunk

« Reply #495 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 11:55:12 »

I guess I must be, miserable fucker that I undoubtedly am, the only one who doesn't find these alternative commentaries remotely funny...

Some people find James Corden funny. There’s no accounting for taste 🤷‍♂️
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 11:57:57 »

Before we get too carried away, do we have any idea whether Scunny are/were any good in the grand scheme of things?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 11:58:37 »

I guess I must be, miserable fucker that I undoubtedly am, the only one who doesn't find these alternative commentaries remotely funny...

I'm with you Bob if I am honest. I do think your man is pretty creative and some of the nicknames he comes up with can be amusing but yeah it's not really for me either.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 11:59:43 »

Before we get too carried away, do we have any idea whether Scunny are/were any good in the grand scheme of things?

I think a few people have tried to temper expectations by stating we were fortunate enough to be playing probably the worst team in the league. But you still have to beat what is put in front of you.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimpanzee

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:03:30 »

I think a few people have tried to temper expectations by stating we were fortunate enough to be playing probably the worst team in the league. But you still have to beat what is put in front of you.

It's nice just to have a bit of optimism & energy for the Town after 12 - 18 months of pure shit!

I'd still be happy if we manage to avoid a relegation battle this season.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:09:15 »

It's nice just to have a bit of optimism & energy for the Town after 12 - 18 months of pure shit!

I'd still be happy if we manage to avoid a relegation battle this season.

Agree with you 100%. Saturday was pretty much a perfect day in that respect and I think it has firmly slapped in the face the thought that we will be in a relegation battle this season.

The Carlisle game should be a better benchmark for this season I would have thought.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:13:22 »

I don't think it matters. You know when you're good regardless of who you're playing...and we're good. Just like we were two seasons ago. It's just like we've picked up where we left off then and last season never happened..
Penmans Penalties

now I believe scarf above the head

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:19:35 »

The first game of the season can often be misleading, but if that is our baseline of performance then we will not be going down. Scunthorpe found it hard to complete against our midfield, and offered little going forward, they also had a number of enforced substitutions through injury during the match, and didn’t really have any strength in depth off the bench,  considering they had a six week start on squad formation on us. So IMO we should be mid table, based upon Saturday’s performance. Any higher depends upon the way the squad gels over the next couple of months. I’m looking forward to tomorrow nights match, but if we lose it’s no biggy, with a small squad additional matches risks injuries and suspensions, give me three points on Saturday every time.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:24:41 »

Honestly, I think Scunny's ability is not the key question. That is, given the team was only just beginning to take shape two weeks ago, and have hD little opportunity for either fitness or tactics training, what is the potential for development from that excellent start? Huge, I would say.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:27:37 »

Scunny fans, whilst generally bemoaning our diving, were pretty complimentary overall. Said we had some real quality in the side. They didn't look good at all though, I can see why they're tipped to be in a relegation battle.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:30:14 »

Interesting... I'm not a 'one eyed' kind of fan and like to think I call things as I see them but really don't remember seeing any blatant diving by our lot...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #506 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:03:08 »

TBH they have been shit for 2 seasons and with little spent on new players (they finished 3rd bottom last season) I would suggest they are not very good.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:04:04 »

I didn't at first but I'm fully on board

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #508 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:05:48 »

Interesting... I'm not a 'one eyed' kind of fan and like to think I call things as I see them but really don't remember seeing any blatant diving by our lot...
I didn't see any diving by us at all, not like under Wellens where every players knew how to win free kicks.

All I did see is that Payne and Grant especially were given fouls under weak challenges, but thats a strong point of both their games, Twine needs to take note.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:14:40 »

we beat Rochdale 3-1 in the opener last season...

it's difficult to guage the season past it was a great start
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: