Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 47455 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 20:27:03 »

And still available at 25/1  with bet 365, Paddy Power running scared - knocked us down to 14/1 !!.
28/1 with Sky bet and paying 4 places E/W.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 07:37:32 »

Garner’s presser this morning

No long term injuries picked up on Saturday

Lyden had Covid but is back with the squad now. Ditto Odimayo.

After a couple more bodies in quickly then sit back and assess

No player that played Saturday had completed 90 mins beforehand
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 08:08:09 »

You know all is well in the World when Marley starts doing his alternative commentaries 👍😂...

https://twitter.com/marleystfc/status/1424286579263148035?s=08
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 08:10:49 »

Garners' expression:)

I like the old fellas in the background. One of them not even watching the game and about to tuck into his packed lunch!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 08:23:43 »

Haven't been online all weekend so it's great to trawl through this thread and read all the positive comments. It sounds like the adrenaline and ability got us over the line on Saturday so wary of tougher games at Cambridge on Tuesday and then Carlisle at home on Saturday. However a large home crowd should hopefully spur the players on. Without going all Reg, wary that Scunthorpe are one of the poorer sides and would probably finish about 10th in the conference according to one of their fans. That said, you have to beat what is in front of you and many people predicted us to go down with Scunny, on that showing we should have more than enough to be much much higher up in the league.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 08:32:23 »

Haven't been online all weekend so it's great to trawl through this thread and read all the positive comments. It sounds like the adrenaline and ability got us over the line on Saturday so wary of tougher games at Cambridge on Tuesday and then Carlisle at home on Saturday. However a large home crowd should hopefully spur the players on. Without going all Reg, wary that Scunthorpe are one of the poorer sides and would probably finish about 10th in the conference according to one of their fans. That said, you have to beat what is in front of you and many people predicted us to go down with Scunny, on that showing we should have more than enough to be much much higher up in the league.

I'd say we're really missing Reg at this point. A healthy dose of skepticism probably wouldn't be very well-received, but he'd have doled it out anyway.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 08:43:24 »

I think everyone's emotions over the summer just spilled out on Saturday. Before the game I was trying to be realistic (about the game and the season as a whole) but honestly I just got caught up. In the pub before the game, in the stands... There was just an overwhelming positive buzz everywhere. Even when we went 1-0 down, the fans kept going and it did feel like we sucked the ball into the net 3 times.

After the summer we had I allowed myself to get carried away. We played actual football... and won! And we had over 1000 (no way there was only 850 in there) very, very noisy Swindon fans completely behind them. That doesn't happen too often.

For what it's worth, I feel like we could potentially mount a challenge this season. We need more depth definitely but the starting XI is clearly very talented. Scunthorpe were dreadful granted, but as the season goes on and we get more bodies in & get fitter I think we could be very dangerous. I did bump into Clem at the services and he mentioned fitness being a priority so hopefully we'll see fewer injuries this year.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 08:44:16 »

I'd say we're really missing Reg at this point. A healthy dose of skepticism probably wouldn't be very well-received, but he'd have doled it out anyway.

echo that about missing Reg, along with Nev and Sussex (apologies if I have forgotten others). That win was for them also.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #488 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 08:53:55 »

I think everyone's emotions over the summer just spilled out on Saturday. Before the game I was trying to be realistic (about the game and the season as a whole) but honestly I just got caught up. In the pub before the game, in the stands... There was just an overwhelming positive buzz everywhere. Even when we went 1-0 down, the fans kept going and it did feel like we sucked the ball into the net 3 times.

After the summer we had I allowed myself to get carried away. We played actual football... and won! And we had over 1000 (no way there was only 850 in there) very, very noisy Swindon fans completely behind them. That doesn't happen too often.

For what it's worth, I feel like we could potentially mount a challenge this season. We need more depth definitely but the starting XI is clearly very talented. Scunthorpe were dreadful granted, but as the season goes on and we get more bodies in & get fitter I think we could be very dangerous. I did bump into Clem at the services and he mentioned fitness being a priority so hopefully we'll see fewer injuries this year.
Absolutely this.

I think a young wide man/forward loanee, a young striker possibly on loan and 1 experienced striker on a perm deal and we will be about there and with what looks to be better than last seasons team all over the pitch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 09:24:20 »

You know all is well in the World when Marley starts doing his alternative commentaries 👍😂...

That, was really quite funny!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #490 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 09:39:21 »

That, was really quite funny!
That was very good!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 11:22:44 »

Excellent !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Hunk

« Reply #492 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 11:26:25 »

I forgot about these! Really funny, hope we get one after every game
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 11:31:08 »

Excellent !.

A mistake that even Curran would of been proud of! Smiley

Clems Army!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 11:45:49 »

I guess I must be, miserable fucker that I undoubtedly am, the only one who doesn't find these alternative commentaries remotely funny...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: