Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New, newer, newest manager thread  (Read 25844 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:24:02 »

Ben Garner appointed Head Coach

Good luck Benny boy.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:32:14 »

I’ve heard it’s Ben Garner if anyone cares, with Scott Lindsey as assistant.
Probably absolute rubbish but it’s a name.

Aye
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:34:56 »

Aye

Giggity

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:35:43 »

Aye

Cheers Nixon
Flashheart

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:37:26 »

Swindon Town Football Club would like to confirm the appointment of Ben Chorley and Ben Garner as our new Director of Football and Head Coach. On the appointment Chairman Clem Morfuni commented;

I am delighted to announce that Ben Chorley will be the club’s new Director of Football and Ben Garner will be the new Head coach.

I want a director of football and head coach model rather than a traditional manager because I want continuity to run through the club. If the head coach moves on, the philosophy of the club carries on and the playing squad does not need to be a complete overhaul. The Head coach will be part of the process of recruiting players.

I want a young, forward thinking, vibrant club. I want the average age of the team to come down, that doesn’t mean every player will be young because you need a balance, but I want a young side that plays an exciting style of football and create a club where top young players want to join because of the environment, the opportunities they will be given. Also, Premier League clubs will be happy to send us their top young players on loan because of this reason.

I have known Ben Chorley for 5 years. Ben had a long successful career as a player and is incredibly knowledgeable about football and has a great knowledge on players. When I came to the club, it didn’t have a head of recruitment or chief scout which I thought was completely wrong. The most important part of building a successful team is recruiting the right players. Ben was actively involved in the recruitment for a couple of years at the club and helped the club make some excellent signings over that period. I have full faith that, given time and support, he will be able to build and put in place the correct infrastructure at the club and make the correct acquisitions to implement my vision. I’m a football fan at heart who supports Swindon Town and I have very clear vision on what the principles under-pinning the Club are to be, and I have complete faith in Ben that he can and will fully implement this.

I gave Ben Chorley a very clear remit of what I wanted from the Head Coach. I wanted a forward thinking coach, a coach that loves being on the grass working with players and wants to improve players every day, a coach that knows how Premier League clubs operate and what players have to do to get to that level, a coach that wants to develop young players and isn’t afraid to play young players, a coach that is a winner and, importantly one who is also available to start work now. With that remit, Ben Chorley recommended Ben Garner and I am fully convinced that he ticks every box on that list and is the right coach to take this club forward.

Ben Garner is a pro license coach, he has over 20 years coaching experience at every level of the game, he’s worked at Premier League clubs and is an extremely respected coach within the game. He has also assembled an extremely strong back room team. His assistant coaches will be Scott Marshall and Scott Lindsey who both have fantastic pedigree, and both have reputations as being outstanding coaches. Steve Mildenhall will be staying on as the goal keeping coach and I would like thank Steve and Lee Peacock for taking the team and preparing them for the coming season in such trying circumstances; your efforts have been very much appreciated.

Please support our new management team, I have complete faith that they are people to take this club forward but they’re going to need patience and time because they inherit an extremely difficult set of circumstances. As I have said before, if we stay united, if we all pull in the same direction then together with your incredible support, we will turn this great club around.

Clem
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:41:45 »

Aye

Nice one Quaggy. DM me the lotto numbers for the weekend, there's a good sport!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:42:07 »

I think Garner would be a long term appointment as I don't think he would get results straight away, so we'd need to be patient with him. He seems to be a very good coach, intelligent & a people person, whether he'd make a good manager remains to be seen.
Let's just see who we appoint, as let's face it, Quagmire has about as much success with his predictions as Chang Cheesy

This will be remembered  Cheesy
Crackity Jones

« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:44:51 »

Another great statement. Not a one paragraph statement saying Chorley and Garner join on x year contracts but a reasoned statement detailing the thought process.  Good first day Clem!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:46:59 »

Another great statement. Not a one paragraph statement saying Chorley and Garner join on x year contracts but a reasoned statement detailing the thought process.  Good first day Clem!

You cannot knock it. Open and transparent.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:47:05 »

this season he just needs to win enough games to turn the ship away from the iceberg.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:53:56 »

It will be interesting setup, the DoF signing the players the coach just having a say, not many clubs in lower leagues do this, interesting though and hopefully it works well.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:03:27 »

Scott Marshall, former coach at Reading?

Almost a free hit for the new management team this season.
Low expectations from the majority of fans plus a lot of goodwill might take some of the pressure off.
Hopefully there will be one or two grizzled veterans in the squad to help the fresh faced cherubs out.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:06:37 »

Two Bens and two Scotts.

From that logic, I think if Bruno Tavares does sign we should expect a second Bruno.

Delighted to have people in roles - maybe they'll succeed, maybe they won't but that's been true of every appointment we've ever made and these do at least appear to have been made to a plan.

Very positive steps. Come on you Reds!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:13:38 »

They've explained the choices at least. Let's get behind them
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:25:54 »

This will be remembered  Cheesy

Ha, yay you got one right! Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up