Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New, newer, newest manager thread  (Read 26133 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 21:39:04 »

Garners career path reads very well apart from Rovers.
Assuming it is Garner. No one will confirm it - but if he is confirmed I’m sure people would have heard it yesterday

Rather him that a managerial merry go round manager whose living off a play off campaign in 2009 whose been sacked by 7 different clubs since.
Flashheart

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 21:48:08 »

Rather him that a managerial merry go round manager whose living off a play off campaign in 2009 whose been sacked by 7 different clubs since.

Yes
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 21:51:52 »

This article (linked to from the Brizol post) also reads very well.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/ben-garner-crystal-palace-west-brom-bristol-rovers/

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 21:55:59 »

Assuming it is Garner. No one will confirm it - but if he is confirmed I’m sure people would have heard it yesterday

I agree mate I wouldn't mind him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 22:02:09 »

I agree mate I wouldn't mind him.

The fact he’s failed miserable at Rovers is a negative but also means (like Wellens & Oldham) he probably has to make his next job work, regardless of whether it’s here or not.

You’d hope he would know that and have learnt from his previous tenure.

I’d suggest once you’ve had two managerial fails in your first two jobs you’re probably going to struggle for a third chance.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 22:06:45 »

Has been out of work since Rovers or coaching elsewhere

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 22:18:47 »

Most may be underwhelmed but just remember Wellens appointment and the outcry.

Would I be happy with the appointment Duke? Just say Y or N. It's all I'll need  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Crackity Jones

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 05:54:54 »

Agree with this. His track record apart from the Gas reads well. Also having read his views on what went wrong there and his approach to coaching and management, I would think he could do well if it is him.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 06:28:30 »

I think Garner would be a long term appointment as I don't think he would get results straight away, so we'd need to be patient with him. He seems to be a very good coach, intelligent & a people person, whether he'd make a good manager remains to be seen.
Let's just see who we appoint, as let's face it, Quagmire has about as much success with his predictions as Chang Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 06:39:14 »

I think Garner would be a long term appointment as I don't think he would get results straight away, so we'd need to be patient with him. He seems to be a very good coach, intelligent & a people person, whether he'd make a good manager remains to be seen.
Let's just see who we appoint, as let's face it, Quagmire has about as much success with his predictions as Chang Cheesy

Not just Chang....and even if he’s wrong at least he’s said a name and not given us a wushu washy horoscope type post.

Any idea who Garner has as his assistant at the Gash - could possible do with an experienced assistant no idea if he has one or would need one (if he wants one)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 06:53:44 »

He bought a young lad called  Jack Mesure in. I think we will likely look at a DOF as well so hopefully that helps. As for contacts in the game i see he has worked with some very experienced managers so hopefully that can help him
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 07:15:43 »

He bought a young lad called  Jack Mesure in. I think we will likely look at a DOF as well so hopefully that helps. As for contacts in the game i see he has worked with some very experienced managers so hopefully that can help him

Ian Holloway as DoF?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 07:19:16 »

Ian Holloway as DoF?
Good shout that is, someone like that needed isn't it
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 07:20:41 »

Tony Pulis
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 07:29:29 »

in the euphoria of yesterday, I lobbed £25 on Garner at BV last night. if I lose it, so be it.

Iin any case, he was 4-1 before my bet. he went to 2-1 after.

shows how little you need to get to move the market!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: