Pages: 1 ... 911 912 913 [914] 915 916 917 ... 961   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1551644 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13695 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 14:36:31 »

You would think that the club would want to keep a disqualified individual very well away from the media world when it comes to being involved in decisions impacting the club, given our recent exposure to the EFL & FA.  I wonder if we can press for any links to prison reform next, you know, to help young kids who fell foul of drugs offences when they come out...
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13696 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 14:51:32 »

2 things stood out for me. The 2 Pakistani kids were extremely well spoken and fluent in English which makes me think that these aren’t just street kids - loved that they thought the conditions here were ‘harsh’!

Also, it proves that there is, indeed, some sort of kosher arrangement between STFC and Karachi United where more than a few of us thought it was just a convenient cover for some shenanigans.

Who, or what, is Prospect?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13697 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 14:51:54 »

So interestingly, this is Karachi United, that's *not* the team (Karachi FC) that was originally linked with no web presence, this is at least a 'real' club: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karachi_United

Looks a bit more like an "attempt 2, but do it a bit more above board" to me.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 14:54:54 by Nemo » Logged
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13698 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 15:00:48 »

Real club that appear to not have a division to play in ?!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #13699 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 15:17:34 »

So interestingly, this is Karachi United, that's *not* the team (Karachi FC) that was originally linked with no web presence, this is at least a 'real' club: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karachi_United

Looks a bit more like an "attempt 2, but do it a bit more above board" to me.

That is is what SamM is alluding to on X

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #13700 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 15:27:16 »

Frustrating thing for me is they sat at that table and said effectively it was nothing to do with Swindon Town as such and Zav just helping the club
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13701 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 15:41:47 »

So this thing with the pretend Karachi club was just a money-maker for Zav Austin using the STFC name I assume?

Is the new venture going to aid both club and Zav Austin, or is he going to be totally gone I wonder?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #13702 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 16:57:51 »

So this thing with the pretend Karachi club was just a money-maker for Zav Austin using the STFC name I assume?

Is the new venture going to aid both club and Zav Austin, or is he going to be totally gone I wonder?
He’s literally in the video ‘representing’ the club. He isn’t going anywhere, at games he introduces himself as a director of the club. The fact these kids seem quite educated and not your normal street kids for me just further supports the cash for visas argument.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13703 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 17:04:51 »

Quite, it's not going to be some street urchins, it will be families who can afford to send their kids to the Academy in Karachi and then afford the Visa process.  While the education sponsorship may come from the UK Govt/College process, the family need legal support with applications.  I think my family set back my employer over $30k across one Visa application, one renewal and a Green Card.  Granted that was UK to USA, but emigration is big business in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh - something like 8% of Pakistan's GDP is money sent back from immigrants in countries in the middle east, UK, USA etc.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 17:08:09 by RobertT » Logged
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #13704 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2024, 19:45:39 »

Also, it proves that there is, indeed, some sort of kosher arrangement between STFC and Karachi United
Hardly likely to be kosher, more like a(n) "halal arrangement"
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13705 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2024, 10:46:37 »

at games he introduces himself as a director of the club. The fact these kids seem quite educated and not your normal street kids for me just further supports the cash for visas argument.

Asking for sanctions this.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #13706 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2024, 11:26:34 »

Asking for sanctions this.

This. Only needs an FA or EFL ‘official’ to be present in corporate. Then the shit will hit the fan. Don’t you get the feeling that we could be hit at anytime with anything because of the owners inexperience and seemingly scant regard to the rules by which they should abide.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 10, 2024, 15:01:18 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #13707 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2024, 12:28:24 »

It merits further explanation given that it directly contradicts what Morfuni has said before. If they want the fan's trust, they have to explain the structure, who pays, who benefits, why Karachi, why not community investment projects nearer home and why Austin is anywhere near it.

But we know why those questions won't be answered. I wondered whether this is really Austin's  business (i.e. revenue off the back of finding a visa pathway for young Pakistani children) - entirely separate from the club - but where AustinCo arranges visas and sorts all of the brown envelopes with families in Karachi, and then has an entirely above-board agreement with STFC that kids (many of whom would probably struggle to get into a local under 7s team) will come and "train" with STFC at the RAU. That way, STFC's only involvement is giving up a bit of time, allowing the club's name to be associated with it - but otherwise, it is AustinCo's venture. He's a complete wheeler dealer, jack-the-lad wideboy who impresses only himself.  Make a quick buck and don't worry about who else suffers as a result or whether it's legal or not. A complete fraud.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13708 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2024, 12:59:31 »

There was the a government website confirming STFC cover the bills for the first (2?) years directly after Clem said we're not paying for it as well.

Its all bollocks.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #13709 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2024, 14:18:02 »

https://x.com/sammorshead_/status/1811039877611352550?s=46&t=VudwFg7hk9aPtya-N7h6GA

Just as well we have a process in place to make sure this stuff doesn’t happen
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 913 [914] 915 916 917 ... 961   Go Up
Print
Jump to: