Pages: 1 ... 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 ... 903   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1376083 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6750 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 19:59:20 »

Is this something the club are going to promote via official sources? Is it actually via the club? The announcement via the Australian Facebook page didn't actually use the club's crest - not 100% sure why that would be the case.

I thought that was odd from a branding perspective and made me think the financial route back to the club might be more convoluted than is being suggested here.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6751 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 20:02:28 »

I'm sure my comments can and will be batted away as just some shit-stirring gobshite waffling on.

I can live with that.

Most who know you on here will know you aren’t a shirt stirrer.
Just a gobshite  Smiley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6752 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 20:03:07 »

In fairness, it's just a badge but it was an instant red flag for this tired brain.

Cynically, you think of all the noise fans gave the club for the Karachi project which was in the name of STFC but wasn't really but it is but, really, it isn't....
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6753 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 20:25:16 »

As well as naturally trying to find Oz football talent to play for STFC it's also a very good revenue opportunity for the club to the tune of 6 figures per season if they get it right.

High or low six figures?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6754 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 20:57:17 »

I'm sure my comments can and will be batted away as just some shit-stirring gobshite waffling on.

I can live with that.

As is tradition.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6755 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 21:02:25 »

All monies made go back into STFC yes
That's excellent news.

Not really expecting to find players, though never say never, but if the cash is coming back to the club I don't care.

I look forward to the end of seeing cutbacks and still seeing a 500k loss (or is it a million?)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6756 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 23:37:21 »

As well as naturally trying to find Oz football talent to play for STFC it's also a very good revenue opportunity for the club to the tune of 6 figures per season if they get it right.
Regular as clockwork. You may as well rebrand yourself as TrustClem….
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #6757 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 04:30:11 »

I can live with that.

Because it is.
Enjoy the pod but could do without the knowing cynicism.
On payments - it’s not great but name me a company that doesn’t delay payment until the last moment - pretty standard business.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #6758 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 04:38:24 »

Any what does ‘dodging the odd local vendor along the way’ actually mean. I suspect shit stirring . If you are saying they are not paying and have no intention to pay and you can back it up then fair enough.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6759 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 07:16:06 »

Any what does ‘dodging the odd local vendor along the way’ actually mean. I suspect shit stirring . If you are saying they are not paying and have no intention to pay and you can back it up then fair enough.

What do you suspect my great motivation is? What would I be shit-stirring for? Attention? I've had enough grim stuff sent to my DMs over the last year or so to not crave more attention.

If delaying payments to smaller companies is par for the course then so be it but my question would then be what is the threshold for unacceptability on that front? Does it matter who the business/org seeking payment is? What is out of order?

My motivator is to question and call out the nonsense. I'm not necessarily anti-Morfuni but I am anti-nonsense. I appreciate that such endeavours are not always well received.

[Warning: The final paragraph might cause eye-rolling. It's hard to compose it without reading like a conspiracy theorist]

In terms of the podcast, I've held back from doing another instalment of a series of episodes that's been covering things I perceive as problematic because I am seeking permission to disclose some bits I've been sitting on. This is because I fully agree that without proof of working then it would simply look like shit-stirring and/or attention seeking.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6760 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 07:16:11 »

Because it is.
Enjoy the pod but could do without the knowing cynicism.
On payments - it’s not great but name me a company that doesn’t delay payment until the last moment - pretty standard business.

Ah, regarding payment of bone fide invoices which disregard agreed trading terms. You’d think differently if you were owed that payment. I have heard the same about the club from other sources and it is no one on this forum. Makes it worse when it is local businesses that are having to wait.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6761 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 07:35:32 »

What do you suspect my great motivation is? What would I be shit-stirring for? Attention? I've had enough grim stuff sent to my DMs over the last year or so to not crave more attention.

If delaying payments to smaller companies is par for the course then so be it but my question would then be what is the threshold for unacceptability on that front? Does it matter who the business/org seeking payment is? What is out of order?

My motivator is to question and call out the nonsense. I'm not necessarily anti-Morfuni but I am anti-nonsense. I appreciate that such endeavours are not always well received.

[Warning: The final paragraph might cause eye-rolling. It's hard to compose it without reading like a conspiracy theorist]

In terms of the podcast, I've held back from doing another instalment of a series of episodes that's been covering things I perceive as problematic because I am seeking permission to disclose some bits I've been sitting on. This is because I fully agree that without proof of working then it would simply look like shit-stirring and/or attention seeking.

"After extensive online research...."

Only joking, you are doing a far better job than those who should be at shining a light on the current regime. You sail close to ITK at times which I suspect irritates some but I'd rather that than 'happy clapping.' I've always slightly assumed that you go harder on this current ownership because you feel you turned a blind eye to Power for so long, but that's my own reading of it. Either way, I 'look forward' (or whatever the negative of that is) to the next instalment.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6762 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 07:42:49 »

"After extensive online research...."

Only joking, you are doing a far better job than those who should be at shining a light on the current regime.

And here is the issue.

We’ve already had Spencer pop up and jump to Clems defence with regards to the Australian academy.
No mention of whether they’re seen the accounts yet though.

The Trust arent fit for purpose any more, unfortunately.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6763 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 07:49:07 »

Haha. Information tends to come to me rather than the dreaded extensive research.

100% that the Power legacy is a driver. I had no dealings with Power or Anderson but had great relationships with the media people. They were motivated by the growing importance of fan made media at the time rather than trying to make it a sort of propaganda project. The relationships I built at that time allowed me to be able to do the 'unpaid wages' episode because I could cross check the playing and non-playing staff to ensure what I was told was true for all.

I think we are all in agreement that anything with accusations involved will prove detrimental unless backed up.
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #6764 on: Monday, October 23, 2023, 09:16:50 »

Morfuni is a proven bullshitter so I'll wait and see what this is all about but it'll probably be a half arsed unprofessional venture judging by past business.
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 ... 903   Go Up
Print
Jump to: