Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122383 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1650 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2022, 07:30:40 »

Would rather fill the Bank with Swindon fans than Away fans and limit them all to the smallest possible number of fans, personally. Realistically, that might take a year or two though Smiley

Do what Bristol Rovers did to us 700 tickets no more

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1651 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2022, 08:43:48 »

If we go up this season I suppose the Bank will be closed for refurbishment next season. We’ll be missing out on 2000 away fans from quite a few clubs.

The piss stains won’t be happy with 800 tickets!

Work won't start until the off season at the end of next season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #1652 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2022, 14:32:11 »

If we go up this season I suppose the Bank will be closed for refurbishment next season. We’ll be missing out on 2000 away fans from quite a few clubs.

The piss stains won’t be happy with 800 tickets!

The Shrivenham Road Stand was demolished and The DRS built in a pre season, I’m sure putting a roof on the bank won’t take as long.

Ignore
« Reply #1653 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 17:20:38 »

I would like to see a social club/bar that's open every day incorporated into the stadium somewhere. Not seen anything about whether this will happen myself. Something like Torquay's "Boots and laces" would be decent.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1654 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 19:24:56 »

I am sure Rob Angus mentioned a Sports Bar, or something like that, being on the target list.  Assume for the TE development.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1655 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 09:00:46 »

The Shrivenham Road Stand was demolished and The DRS built in a pre season, I’m sure putting a roof on the bank won’t take as long.

Will all depend on what is actually proposed, perversely it would likely be a lot quicker (Albeit likley more expensive) to drop the lot and start again rather than try and incorporate something into the existing structure/made land of the bank.

Ignore
« Reply #1656 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 11:15:37 »

I am sure Rob Angus mentioned a Sports Bar, or something like that, being on the target list.  Assume for the TE development.

That'd be great. Thanks for the information as I'd not seen that.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1657 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 11:25:56 »

That'd be great. Thanks for the information as I'd not seen that.

Given the grounds location do people think a sports bar could be a money spinner outside of STFC game time? Put in a decent burger and chips type of place/Street food and try and make the CG a great social place to go to any time of the week.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1658 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 11:57:44 »

Reading have a street food style outside one of their stands selling all types of cuisine and local ales. It's pretty decent tbf. Could easily do something outside the CG.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #1659 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 12:30:15 »

Given the grounds location do people think a sports bar could be a money spinner outside of STFC game time? Put in a decent burger and chips type of place/Street food and try and make the CG a great social place to go to any time of the week.
This was tried in the 70's. Well the bar at least. While the Squash club had a loyal,
 lively clientele it never really took off. The Supporters club was a huge area only used Thursday nights for bingo and Friday/ Saturday nights for music.
As for the local area using a burger bar venue that's highly unlikely. Man Rd has the ethnic population covered in venues of all sorts.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1660 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 12:50:22 »

Don't forget there would be a Hotel providing a constant stream of potential customers as well.  My assumption would be a couple of retail/food options would be added into the TE structure, enabling a mini Greenbridge type of pull (the Cinema side).  It's not going to rely on foot traffic.  Somehow that Burger King continues to survive, even after burning itself to the ground.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1661 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 13:14:25 »

There isn’t a good sports bar in the town. The location is a little bit out of the way but not hugely so -  no reason a moderate sized fully committed sports bar couldn’t be a success

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1662 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 13:19:49 »

There isn’t a good sports bar in the town. The location is a little bit out of the way but not hugely so -  no reason a moderate sized fully committed sports bar couldn’t be a success

I don't know Swindon at all but that was my understanding. I reckon if we build it they would come.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1663 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 14:21:40 »

Be nice to attract non Swindon fans to come along to the CG. You never know, some of them may be tempted to go to a game or two.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1664 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 17:05:05 »

Or stay aways  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: