Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123751 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1575 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 10:00:16 »

The Stratton bank will be renamed the nigel eady stand with a statue yes

It's a bit of a mouthful for a stand name isn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #1576 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 10:10:01 »

It's a bit of a mouthful for a stand name isn't it?

Maybe they could drop the "yes"  Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1577 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 10:19:27 »

Or the NESWASY stand?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1578 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 10:44:11 »

The Stratton bank will be renamed the nigel eady stand with a statue yes

That's great news. albeit there is a small part of me that thinks it would be a nicer tribute to name the spanking new Town End after the chap rather than what appears to be, at first glance, a pretty rudimentary shed with toilets being placed over the bank?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1579 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 10:59:19 »

That's great news. albeit there is a small part of me that thinks it would be a nicer tribute to name the spanking new Town End after the chap rather than what appears to be, at first glance, a pretty rudimentary shed with toilets being placed over the bank?
Oh you are right but I think its better to get his name on a stand as a priority as a mark of respect for him. Not many fans would ever do something similar.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #1580 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 11:14:06 »

Oh you are right but I think its better to get his name on a stand as a priority as a mark of respect for him. Not many fans would ever do something similar.

99% of fans don't have access to that sort of money to be in a position to give so generously, and I think it is great that the club will acknowledge his donation in this way.
If I ever won the lottery I would like to think I would be able to do something similar, otherwise its my money each week only I'm afraid.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1581 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 11:16:01 »

Pleased as I am that something is happening, I do hope that there is also a longer term plan for the Bank.  Some new seats, new toilets and a roof are all we're going to get for £1m.  It will be good for 5 or 10 years.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1582 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 11:19:48 »

99% of fans don't have access to that sort of money to be in a position to give so generously, and I think it is great that the club will acknowledge his donation in this way.
If I ever won the lottery I would like to think I would be able to do something similar, otherwise its my money each week only I'm afraid.
Absolutely agree, I won't see £1million in my entire lifetime go through my hands!

Its an incredibly generous gift and a name I am sure many Town fans (who have no access or forums etc) have probably never even heard of.

The money (@ £2 million) has been left for just over 10 years now and I know the Nigel Eady Trust have been very careful of what they have allowed it to be spent on, and wisely so with a crook like Lee Power in charge for most of that 10 year period.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1583 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 11:28:52 »

Blimey, never realised it amounted to that. Do we know if any of that money will go towards purchasing the fans 50% of the ground?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1584 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 11:30:00 »

Maybe they could drop the "yes"  Smiley

haha! indeed!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1585 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 11:30:28 »

Or the NESWASY stand?

That does have a strange ring to it that could work!

Peter Venkman

« Reply #1586 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 11:34:21 »

Blimey, never realised it amounted to that. Do we know if any of that money will go towards purchasing the fans 50% of the ground?
Yeah that is the figure quoted in the Adver a couple of years ago.

Advert article Feb 2019.
but the money left by benefactor Eady - understood to be in the region of £2million and ring-fenced for a project that is for the long-term benefit of the football club and wider community - is not involved.

I am sure I heard that it would not go towards the actual buying of the ground but I could be wrong on that, I am sure Jan can enlighten you/us on that.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1587 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 11:46:56 »

Presume the £2m of 10 years ago is now worth considerably more if invested wisely.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1588 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 11:50:04 »

Presume the £2m of 10 years ago is now worth considerably more if invested wisely.
We can certainly hope that.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1589 on: Friday, March 18, 2022, 12:31:57 »

I am sure I heard that it would not go towards the actual buying of the ground but I could be wrong on that, I am sure Jan can enlighten you/us on that.

I am probably entirely wrong, but the impression I got from the Councils Committee Report was that the Eady money is going to fund the purchase in some way, however, I had interpreted that as being a short term bridging payment to cover the fans contribution to the purchase cost which will then be repaid by the Trust via their fans programme and the Eady money ultimately used for the wider improvement scheme?

From that report...

'It is proposed that funds for the stadium purchase will be supplied to the JV by the Trustees of the late Nigel Eady, who was a lifelong supporter of STFC and left a substantial trust fund to benefit the Club. The process of transferring the required funding is understood to be complicated. In the event that for any reason the funding is not made available by the Trustees, the funding will be provided by the Club and guaranteed by the Club Chairman.'

But as I started this could just be me bollocking up interpretation!
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: