Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 825   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1172816 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1455 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 14:29:48 »

Is it related to this? 'People standing in the Don Rogers stand (block D6U) for whole game. Reports of people being injured, scared and unsafe from drunk fans standing'.

I'm in that block, not drunk or standing I hasten to add, and a steward had to clamber up the steps a couple of times at last home game to tell people to sit down right at the back.
The response was "but we're at the back".

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1456 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 14:32:03 »

the stewards have been more active going right to the back of the DRS to tell the 3 people standing up to sit down. Which when you've got the entire town end standing takes the piss.

We've all gone soft, in days gone by "stand up if you love swindon" would have been the standard response. pah.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1457 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 14:37:47 »

the stewards have been more active going right to the back of the DRS to tell the 3 people standing up to sit down. Which when you've got the entire town end standing takes the piss.

We've all gone soft, in days gone by "stand up if you love swindon" would have been the standard response. pah.

It does and it doesn’t take the piss, the DR is a dedicated seating stand. The TE is a standing terrace now with seating and the DR is bloody steeper if you go over, downwards. Get your point but to there is a difference.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1458 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 14:46:03 »

Do we know when Power Vs Standing is going to be heard

Latest date was May this year but it maybe moved again who knows.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1459 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 14:49:05 »

The main ones I'm referring too in as far as being picked on are in the Lower D7.. I think? Defo one of the Lower blocks.

The heavies come and Turfed them out against Northampton didn’t they? Bizarre really. If your on a back wall, you’re in nobodies way. People been standing on that wall and back of DRS for donkeys years.

Bizarre that they decide to pick on the same lads that they want to picture and post on official socials claiming “these limbs” and “scenes like this” to promote ticket sales or milk a win.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1460 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 14:49:46 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
It does and it doesn’t take the piss, the DR is a dedicated seating stand. The TE is a standing terrace now with seating and the DR is bloody steeper if you go over, downwards. Get your point but to there is a difference.

let's hope Swindon don't score Saturday or it could be curtains for the lot of us Smiley

I don't think the club have a choice given there is the threat of reduced capacity.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1461 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 14:58:02 »

I don't think the club have a choice given there is the threat of reduced capacity.

That's it in a nutshell yes!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1462 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 15:02:11 »

Banning fans for persistent standing in the South Stand is nothing short of daft. I'd understand if those doing so were smack bang in the middle of the block, but, they're not. They're either at the very back or the front with their backs to a wall. Legally speaking, the Town End is all seater isn't it? Appreciate these would be club bans as opposed to court enforced ones as they'd never go through unless the Town End has has its regulations changed? They're picking on a select few with the help of GWR. Bullies.

Totally agree.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1463 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 15:05:14 »

let's hope Swindon don't score Saturday or it could be curtains for the lot of us Smiley

Is it because the DRS is such a steep stand that standing anywhere in it (regardless of whether it's the back row or not) is deemed as a 'health and safety hazard'? Where has the threat of reduced capacity come from?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #1464 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 15:29:26 »

I regularly get my view blocked by folk standing in the DRS and they often take offence at being asked to sit down.

Folk go to the DRS because they want to sit. If you want to stand, go to the Town End.

I suppose standing at the back row or two of the DRS should be tolerated (not allowed until Safe Standing is installed). Also, if you are at a seat and someone behind you asks you to sit down so they can see, do so- don't be a cunt about it. A lot of folk sit because they have to.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1465 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 15:32:20 »

I regularly get my view blocked by folk standing in the DRS and they often take offence at being asked to sit down.

Folk go to the DRS because they want to sit. If you want to stand, go to the Town End.

I suppose standing at the back row or two of the DRS should be tolerated (not allowed until Safe Standing is installed). Also, if you are at a seat and someone behind you asks you to sit down so they can see, do so- don't be a cunt about it. A lot of folk sit because they have to.

That's fair enough I think (your comments)

I've only seen people stand at the back from my seat.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1466 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 16:01:53 »

What do people suppose the club do then? They are being told that if people keep doing it they have to shut part of the stand down. Just fucking sit down or sit in the Town end.

The club have said as much in that they are being told by stadium safety that the DRS is too steep to allow it but as Batch said, they don't move the people in the Town End. It's clearly not the clubs decision
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1467 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 16:02:36 »

Is it because the DRS is such a steep stand that standing anywhere in it (regardless of whether it's the back row or not) is deemed as a 'health and safety hazard'? Where has the threat of reduced capacity come from?

From the most recent advisory board minutes;

4.9 RA explained that the issue with persistent standing is much greater in the Don Rogers stand due to the steepness of this stand. The Sports Ground Safety Authority (SGSA) has warned the Club that if it does not take action against persistent standing in the Don Rogers stand then the capacity of the stand will be reduced. The Safety Advisory Group (local Council) are also looking at this issue closely, which means the Club need to actively encourage all supporters to remain seated in this stand.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1468 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 16:18:46 »

It's a pity they can't make the front section of the DRS a safe standing zone, it's only about 6 rows. Increase the capacity a bit too.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 16:20:54 by 4D » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1469 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 16:21:14 »

Yep, that's completely out of order fuzzy. You shouldn't have to have your view blocked by someone who is refusing to sit down, that's just being a selfish cunt.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 825   Go Up
Print
Jump to: