Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 824   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1170044 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 08:52:31 »

In typical Swindon fashion we get the feel good factor back with the club takeover, and the crowds start to return after years (apart from 1 season) in the doldrums, even the results (away) are very good. Things are looking up. Then we reach early December and the draw for the FA Cup, Man City are next to be put to the sword  Smiley, oh dear it's a home draw  Roll Eyes We play very well considering, a plucky performance. Since that draw we seem to have gone right off the boil, our tempo has gone. With the exception of Northampton at home and Burslem away we seem to have lost our way. Our possession (tippy, tappy) football just seems to delay the inevitable, make 30 passes, it breaks down about 30 yards out, 2 passes and it's in the back of our net. Game over.
Being on the back foot doesn't work for us, attack with gusto and we can really punish teams in this division.
Please put the wheels back on and get back to winning ways. Thanks.

PS  The story I read about "blocking out external noise" I assume is ignoring crowd grumblings? Wrong approach imo, fans need to be engaged with. Wellens did a good job of that when he was here.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 08:55:47 by 4D » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1426 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 19:03:13 »

Is it just me that finds 'Zav' and the Karachi link utterly bizarre

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/february/stfc-enjoy-productive-trip-to-karachi/

Still, his past is in the past, I hope
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1427 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 19:06:06 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/february/stfc-enjoy-productive-trip-to-karachi/

It does seem extremely odd.. yet again I’m not sure what funny business you could get up to? Seems strange but happy to go along with it - we asked for transparency after all
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1428 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 19:08:57 »

"This stuff attracts women like you would not believe" - Karachi Medical Gazette

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1429 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 20:40:24 »

Maybe Clem fixed their bogs?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 23:02:46 »

It does all rather look like the kind of thing you'd get a minor but dim royal to do to keep him out of trouble. Not that minor royal obviously.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1431 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 23:38:19 »

Again that club badge which doesn’t exist anywhere.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1432 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 08:49:31 »

I don’t really get it. If we spot talented players, we’d be unlikely to be able to recruit them because of immigration issues. If we want a community project, there are probably enough worthy and needy causes within 3 miles of the County Ground to keep 92 clubs busy, let alone one! Puzzling.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1433 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 09:01:00 »

Batch posted this on Twitter I think -

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/931697-swindon-town-fc-to-train-pakistani-coaches-under-15-kids

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1434 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 09:01:20 »

I don’t really get it. If we spot talented players, we’d be unlikely to be able to recruit them because of immigration issues. If we want a community project, there are probably enough worthy and needy causes within 3 miles of the County Ground to keep 92 clubs busy, let alone one! Puzzling.

You’d think so wouldn’t you? However, Pakistan are in the Commonwealth and by that association there must be official government immigration/employment quangos whereby individuals can get a work visa under special circumstances or some such arrangement. An obvious question to put to the club via the truth and reconciliation board.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1435 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 09:19:09 »

Probably poses more questions rather than answers, who is the noticeably unnamed Pakistani friend, with Austin's track record that sets my eyebrows arching, is there a large Pakistani community in Swindon as that might explain it?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1436 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 09:20:32 »

just to add I don't have a problem with the idea

I just have questions about not finding the club anywhere online, scratching head at costs  in the current environment and yes the work permit.

it was suggested by someone on Twitter that it's a new club ..

I'm any case the club comms haven't really been brilliant on the above
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1437 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 09:27:47 »

just to add I don't have a problem with the idea

I just have questions about not finding the club anywhere online, scratching head at costs  in the current environment and yes the work permit.

it was suggested by someone on Twitter that it's a new club ..

I'm any case the club comms haven't really been brilliant on the above

I'm inclined to agree Batch. If this is such an exciting opportunity for the club, why not put out proper communications about it so as to allay any fears. So things like.

* Clarification of how much money will be spent on this 'project'. Clearly as fans refunds STILL haven't been settled it would be good to get this clarified.

* What are the benefits of this, both tangible and intangible? Why hasn't the bit about taking two 15 year old players from Pakistan to train with us for 2 years been mentioned on the comms?

* Who are Karachi Football club? If they are a new club then why not state as such and clarify that they intend to use it as an exciting opportunity to work with them.

It's a little bit woolly and whilst it's probably grossly unfair to cast aspersions on Zav Austin, it does seem to be a little bit smoke and mirrors.  Perhaps it will all become clear in the next board minutes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1438 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 09:33:07 »

re: refunds. they are processing them now though it seems hit and miss if you have been contacted.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1439 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 09:38:13 »

re: refunds. they are processing them now though it seems hit and miss if you have been contacted.

It will be good, certainly for club PR bearing in mind the feeling about things on the field, to get that resolved. I guess they have to as well prior to putting on sale Season tickets for next season.

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 824   Go Up
Print
Jump to: