Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122566 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1395 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 15:00:10 »

I know a lot of Indian restaurants are Bangladeshi. I honestly don’t know whether Pakistani cuisine is intrinsically different.

Tbf, a choice away from flaccid burger and soggy chips would be a huge step forward.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #1396 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 15:23:23 »

FC Karachi have a different badge to the one on the OS.

I agree  but the badge on the OS may well be a generic Pakistani one.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1397 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 16:03:13 »

I imagine I haven't had Pakistani food before,  which I presume is actually a misnomer because it is likely much more regionalised than that given historical context of the "nation"

My minimal experience of Pakistan has taught me that biryani, karahi, halwa and parathas are all common.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1398 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 17:38:32 »

I agree  but the badge on the OS may well be a generic Pakistani one.
Doing an image search online there are no occurances of that exact same badge anywhere or even similar style and or colour.

It may have been made up just for the purpose of filling a gap in the web site but that sounds most unusual.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1399 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 18:29:35 »

Approved!

Crackity Jones

« Reply #1400 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 18:37:37 »

Doesn't that mean a decision will be made in March, Aud?
Hunk

« Reply #1401 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 18:40:32 »

Doesn't that mean a decision will be made in March, Aud?

Reading Aud’s post it would seem so, but certainly looks extremely promising to my layman eyes
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1402 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 19:13:04 »

I suspect that an agreement has been reached with the valuation (in principle) albeit not rubber stamped and the groundwork cleared for approval without any hold ups. Equally it may also transpire that an understanding has been agreed that the rent arrears either have been or will be satisfied on or before the exchange of contracts on the sale. That sort of thing. The club are being run as it should have always been and the council need the bunce. The club could say to the council we’d like to have the terms of our lease changed to one where we pay with you undertaking the upkeep and repairs. That would frighten the council as they couldn’t get anyone else to take that over if they said no to that proposal. Best sell ASAP and let the club take the hit.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 20:25:31 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1403 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 09:32:15 »

Approved!

How can it be approved if the decision is to be made on 16th March? Unless the decision is just a formality as I have no idea what that document you shared actually is.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1404 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 10:11:00 »

Sadly nothing has changed or been decided, that screen dump (which can be found here https://ww5.swindon.gov.uk/mgIssueHistoryHome.aspx?IId=65126&Opt=0 ) dates from December and relates to notifying that the decision will be made at Cabinet on that date in March, ultimately whatever is agreed between the Council Officers and the club/Trust the final decision lies with the elected members and they are quite within their rights to turn it down whether a price has been agreed at that date or not.

Been nearly 20 yrs since I worked in local govt so not sure why this decision has to be previewed like this (from experience many non contentious matters have to go down very convoluted routes due to adopted standing orders), purely speculating - may be because its a sale of Council property (so ultimately belonging to the taxpayers of Swindon) or possibly related to the ACV issue or because its above a certain value or (as noted) due to its commercial nature certain details will not be made public within the reports relating to the sale considered at Cabinet?

Its another step on the way though!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1405 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 10:14:39 »

I took it as the bit that said Approval to sell the freehold of the CG to a JV etc
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1406 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 10:35:02 »

I took it as the bit that said Approval to sell the freehold of the CG to a JV etc

That looks like it's just the title of what the proposal is.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1407 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 12:03:24 »

Guide to reporting fan behaviour....

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/reporting-poor-fan-behaviour-at-sn1/

Does this include flare throwing?
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 12:06:05 by 4D » Logged
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1408 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 14:56:46 »

Separate matter, but Bolton, who used the Covid Future Fund, withdrew the max £5mn available and rather than pay it back, they've diluted it into an 8% share holding for the Future Fund bank, which is basically the tax payer. Bolton Wanderers have been nationalised.

Bolton have spent a lot in transfer fees this season, so makes me feel a bit sick from that perspective that this is probably from them gaming the system.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19877385.bolton-wanderers-convert-5million-covid-pandemic-loan-shares-company/
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1409 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 15:32:16 »

Separate matter, but Bolton, who used the Covid Future Fund, withdrew the max £5mn available and rather than pay it back, they've diluted it into an 8% share holding for the Future Fund bank, which is basically the tax payer. Bolton Wanderers have been nationalised.

Bolton have spent a lot in transfer fees this season, so makes me feel a bit sick from that perspective that this is probably from them gaming the system.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19877385.bolton-wanderers-convert-5million-covid-pandemic-loan-shares-company/

Flabbergasted this is allowed, to be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: