Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123163 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 12:13:14 »

I'm struggling to understand what Zav brings to the club to be appointed to the board listening to him, Clem as owner obviously, Rob as CEO obviously, but surely any others I would have thought Clem would want people with particular skills / contacts etc to complement the existing
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 12:15:15 »

I'm struggling to understand what Zav brings to the club to be appointed to the board listening to him, Clem as owner obviously, Rob as CEO obviously, but surely any others I would have thought Clem would want people with particular skills / contacts etc to complement the existing

I think the big thing he brings for the owner is that he is UK based and the owner trusts him, no more than that really?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 12:17:27 »

Initially brought all the investors together.
Flashheart

« Reply #948 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 12:27:46 »

I think the big thing he brings for the owner is that he is UK based and the owner trusts him, no more than that really?

Yeah, I don't think there's much to read into it. Just somebody who he trusts to take his place while he's absent.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 12:45:26 »

Don't confuse the Board of Directors with the roles of the Executive Leadership.  Zav will likely have very little day to day input, he is there to vote on key decisions and add Clem's viewpoint when required.
Kent_Red

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 13:10:40 »

I haven't seen the broadcast but did anyone ask Clem why Power is still a director of Swindon Town Football Company Ltd?  Given they are the only current directors it does leave LP with significant influence on key matters.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 13:53:49 »

it does leave LP with significant influence on key matters.

It doesn't though does it. He won't have the casting vote.
Kent_Red

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 14:16:02 »

Nothing in the Articles to say that the Chairman has the casting vote either.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 14:29:06 »

Perhaps he can't officially be removed officially as a director until after the upcoming court case?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 14:37:38 »

Nothing in the Articles to say that the Chairman has the casting vote either.

Interesting that you've even read them. Are you a friend of our former fat controller? *IF* Austin gets approved, its a non issue anyway.

Does he even have any influence should he have the nerve to show up to a board meeting. I don't think so. Not as regulated as member meetings.

https://www.companylawclub.co.uk/board-meetings

Casting vote
13. (1) If the numbers of votes for and against a proposal are equal, the chairman or other director chairing the meeting has a casting vote.
(2) But this does not apply if, in accordance with the articles, the chairman or other director is not to be counted as participating in the decision-making process for quorum or voting purposes.

My (probably wrong) interpretation of company law is that in a members meeting the majority shareholding wins the vote.

« Last Edit: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 14:46:32 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 14:42:47 »

Perhaps he can't officially be removed officially as a director until after the upcoming court case?

I strongly suspect this is the case.

Ultimately him being a Director means SFA in the scheme of things in the real world. The sole shareholder is Clem, I cannot imagine Power is seeing anything to do with the day to day running of the club.

Would be useful if this could be clarified just to stop the shit stirring though.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 17:01:25 »

I think you’re onto something there. As the old company is still functioning and LP was the big cheese, he’s responsible for the good bits and the bbaaaaaaddddddd bits. Clem only had official capacity as a shareholder late on into this saga and even then no real say. The club, Swinton Reds, or Seebeck etc are under investigation from a number of angles, Pee Lower is responsible for anything not quiet how shall we say, Kosher? Don’t forget the IR can go back what? Seven years? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that is just one worry Pee Lower has to contend with, how about Customs and Excise, VAT in other words. The new directors of the original club will legally hold him to account. What say you Duke?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 19:01:20 »

On a different note, with the stuff with the women's team tonight and Clem getting in the nets at Swindon CC, Rob Angus has shown time and again over the past few weeks that he knows exactly how a football club is a community institution and how to develop that

Interesting article in the times this week on Grimsby along the same lines:
 https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ca743482-0e45-11ec-8e58-a3a2e14a7850?shareToken=dd82112da46fabe059879345438b80ef
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 19:25:21 »

it's good that they are starting to branch out and promoting stfc into schools and local youth football clubs too
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 20:27:22 »

I think you’re onto something there. As the old company is still functioning and LP was the big cheese, he’s responsible for the good bits and the bbaaaaaaddddddd bits. Clem only had official capacity as a shareholder late on into this saga and even then no real say. The club, Swinton Reds, or Seebeck etc are under investigation from a number of angles, Pee Lower is responsible for anything not quiet how shall we say, Kosher? Don’t forget the IR can go back what? Seven years? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that is just one worry Pee Lower has to contend with, how about Customs and Excise, VAT in other words. The new directors of the original club will legally hold him to account. What say you Duke?

This my take on the current set up also - keep Pee Lower on a chain next to the gallows whilst all the shit is flushed out.  Once the shit chamber is empty he can be released or be hung
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: