Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123168 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 20:32:11 »

Money laundering cocaine money

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 20:39:20 »

Clem also said that they aren’t paying off the embargo yet. Are they perhaps waiting to see if Power is ordered to pay the debt / loan at the court hearing coming up?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 20:40:44 »

Money laundering cocaine money

Cheers I never knew

So, give no fucks
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 20:47:09 »

- So, from context, Swindon are releasing a 3rd kit. But they wouldn't say what colour.

Same as Zav's Y-Fronts?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 21:07:29 »

Austin also said he wasn't investing in the club
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 21:22:40 »

Austin also said he wasn't investing in the club
He said he didn't have money to invest.

He also referred to Clem being a very rich man.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 08:34:31 »

They made a point of saying that Clem, Rob and Zav had agreed to answer any question.

Zav and Clem aren't the best speakers. Zav was a bit rambling and dull - On purpose? Possible.

A hell of a lot of people are crap at speaking, its rarely a sign of intelligence and ability, one only has to look at the fact that most politicians are chosen on their to speak rather than ability.

Only listened to about 20 mins so far and they all see pretty open in their answers.

EDIT - WTF, Clem doesn't drink!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 08:38:47 by horlock07 » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 08:43:43 »

So re the embargo and I have probably misunderstood this. From what Clem just said the Embargo was for 12 months and interest free to pay off. It was £1,000,040 and we've paid off £175,000 of it. What happens after the 12 months? Do we then HAVE no option but to pay the remainder of it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 09:08:49 »

I know many people have spoken about it but I think given the lack of a home shirt until April/May, a third kit, out in time for Christmas is a brilliant marketing idea by the club. (sounds like their hands are tied re the home kit unfortunately) I have a feeling given what the club are doing around the renaming of the stands and the nod to history I reckon the third strip is going to have a heavy nod to the 1969 league cup final winning shirt and therefore is likely to be very popular!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 09:10:19 »

I may have drifted off at some point, but did Austin say there was any ongoing investigation about his beating, given that he seems to be pretty clear about who was behind it? Or isn't the police taking any interest? Which would seem odd.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 09:16:07 »

I know many people have spoken about it but I think given the lack of a home shirt until April/May, a third kit, out in time for Christmas is a brilliant marketing idea by the club. (sounds like their hands are tied re the home kit unfortunately) I have a feeling given what the club are doing around the renaming of the stands and the nod to history I reckon the third strip is going to have a heavy nod to the 1969 league cup final winning shirt and therefore is likely to be very popular!

Add to that, which also could be a bit of a gamble but if Town by Jan/Feb are in a pretty good position then it would absolutely make sense to confirm an order of Home shirts for beginning of April. In that last month of the season, they would sell like hot cakes. Scarcity certainly would bring demand but it does hinge on Town continuing to do well methinks (it's also a natural conclusion).

I agree though that in the interim some form of stylised retro shirt would be a good move. Could be a good year for the shirt sales dept   Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 09:44:07 »

Add to that, which also could be a bit of a gamble but if Town by Jan/Feb are in a pretty good position then it would absolutely make sense to confirm an order of Home shirts for beginning of April. In that last month of the season, they would sell like hot cakes. Scarcity certainly would bring demand but it does hinge on Town continuing to do well methinks (it's also a natural conclusion).

I agree though that in the interim some form of stylised retro shirt would be a good move. Could be a good year for the shirt sales dept   Pint

I think that depends on whether the home shirt is being kept for next season or if we're bringing in a new one. Fans aren't going to pay £45 quid (or whatever they cost) towards the end of the season in that instance. April is the time you sell off the older stock for £15-20.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 09:53:41 »

Generally thought they came across well, think Clem was less looking at his phone and more letting the other two get on with it (TBF as we couldn't see what he was looking at he could have just been cupping himself and admiring its scale), likewise Austin seemed reasonably open and whilst he went on a bit I did like that he often seemed to want to give longer more detailed answers than Vic seemed to be seeking which hopefully doesn't show a guy with loads to hide. He also kept piping up wanting to speak rather than having to be prodded!

If anything he came across as a bit naive, seemed to have been drawn in by Power and similarly seemed to be a bit in awe of Clem.

Much as with Clem the cynic in me reserves judgment, but for now they are either very very good actors or at least trying to be sincere.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 10:12:46 »

Beggars can’t be choosers, but if I was a chooser, I wouldn’t choose Austin.

Edit: have now watched some of it. Fair play for fronting up. It’s more than the old lot did. I’d rather there was no murky past, because it makes you uneasy about the present, but it is what it is. People often spoke about how Power spoke a good game in his audiences with Hodgetts. He’s here, let’s get on with it, with a sensible dose of caution.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 10:26:30 »

I think that depends on whether the home shirt is being kept for next season or if we're bringing in a new one. Fans aren't going to pay £45 quid (or whatever they cost) towards the end of the season in that instance. April is the time you sell off the older stock for £15-20.

Whilst I agree BO, I also think it depends on how the club is doing in a given season. If it was going in the direction of last season that absolutely knock down shirts for nominal return. If the club are looking like good promotion contenders (auto or prem) people will want to get hold of one of those elusive shirts (especially as it is one of the best in recent years). It also works if it's marketed that way "Help the Town push for the Play-Offs, New stock of 21/22 Home shirts available now, while stocks last!"

It's a mild difference of opinion but in that scenario, I think fans would shell out and as you say it also depends if the shirt continues into next season. It would be nice if it did as it's a cracking shirt. Definitely a collectors item. Back to you in the studio Des Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: