Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122696 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 12:15:55 »

That’s good news.

Just need the toilet block in the bank to be named after Sheridan now Smiley

'John Sheridan Memorial Urinal' as a brass plaque proudly affixed to the channel all the piss flows down.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 13:30:27 »

Have we still got the Power v Standing court case to look forward to next month? Or has that been shelved in light of the club takeover?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 13:43:19 »

Have we still got the Power v Standing court case to look forward to next month? Or has that been shelved in light of the club takeover?

Unless Standing is somewhere in the background with Clem cannot see any reason why it would be shelved as the crux of the matter is Power potentially owes Standing a shitload of cash.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 13:47:52 »

Thought it may have been ironed out as part of the takeover. As it stands, he is only entitled to 50% of the £212,500 Power got for the club. I know he reckons he’s owed about £3m but no idea how he’s going to get that out of Power.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 13:49:24 »

The court case next month is huge for us. That could be the reason we do or don’t get a points deduction.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 14:09:53 »

The court case next month is huge for us. That could be the reason we do or don’t get a points deduction.

I’m not really in the loop with this. Can you explain why
Flashheart

« Reply #831 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 14:32:05 »

I’m not really in the loop with this. Can you explain why

Because of Standing's involvement in the club. He was an agent at the time he got involved, which breaks the rules.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 15:17:08 »

Thought it may have been ironed out as part of the takeover. As it stands, he is only entitled to 50% of the £212,500 Power got for the club. I know he reckons he’s owed about £3m but no idea how he’s going to get that out of Power.

Its way beyond my area of expertise but I suspect a starting point will be that Power was supposed to be holding the shares in 'trust' for Standing/Barry and has somehow managed to sell them for a vastly reduced price....

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 15:22:56 »

Will there be a paper trail, though? Judging on Power’s history it’s all likely to be a nod and a wink stuff - he said, she said. Standing did, indeed, get paid a certain amount of his slice of whatever their arrangement was. I wonder how that money was accounted for.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 12:46:32 »

The club has just made my piss boil for the first time since the takeover, however trivial this is, it has royally fucked me off - and I have been very relaxed about everything that has been going on due to the situation and the amount of work that they have had to do and problems that they have had to fix, but this is the first time that I have felt that my willingness for understanding of the situtation has come back to bite me on the arse.

I pre-ordered 2 shirts the day after they were released for me and my boy.  The following week I was seeing everyone getting their pre-orders delivered but no sign of mine - I left it a week due to the understandble challenges, still no shirts - in the meantime everyone was going to the shop to buy theirs, which of course I could have done.

Sent an email to the shop, no reply.  Then I received an email from DHL to say that my delivery was on it's way.  When this delivery didn't turn up, i left it a few days and then contacted DHL - they told me that even though the dispatch had been raised in the system by the club, they hadn't actually handed over the parcel yet.  I contacted the club shop again - no response.  I tried contacting the club on Twitter - no response.  I sent an email to Danny Lee and he replied saying that he would forward on to the Retail team to get it resolved.

About a week later my shirts turn up (this week just gone) after no contact from the club.  There were 2 problems with the shirts..  Both of them had Red dye running into the white panels under the arms, and both of them were ridiculously small for the sizing that had been ordered (this second one is not a club problem, but a puma problem).

I have just driven down to the club shop to get them exchanged for bigger sized, with full knowledge that I will probably have to wait for new stock to arrive as I was fully aware that the current stock of home shirts had sold out.  I was told that no more stock would be coming in and my only option was a refund.

It is now clear to me that my original pre-order was missed, and eventually they got around to my numerous enquiries only to realise that they had run out of stock of the sizes that I wanted so sent me stock that had obvious faults with the red dye on the white panels - in the meantime I have been wasting my time to get the issue resolved.

So now I am in the situation where I can't get hold of the best shirt that we have released for a long time - and the reson for this being that I was giving the club the benefit of the doubt due to the crap that they were having to deal with.  Again, as trivial as it is - it has has seriously fucked me off.

I would have preferred for the club to just contact me, front up, say they fucked up and missed my order and refunded the money - rather than have me wasting my time and energy to get it resolved and then end with the same result.  I felt dirty taking a refund from the club that I want to financially support.

That is my cathartic rant over with - but in normal times I would be raging directly at the club and not to a bunch of blokes on a football forum that really couldn't give a fuck about my 1st world problems.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 27, 2021, 12:49:09 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 12:49:36 »

The club has just made my piss boil for the first time since the takeover, however trivial this is, it has royally fucked me off - and I have been very relaxed about everything that has been going on due to the situation and the amount of work that they have had to do and problems that they have had to fix, but this is the first time that I have felt that my willingness for understanding of the situtation has come back to bite me on the arse.

I pre-ordered 2 shirts the day after they were released for me and my boy.  The following week I was seeing everyone getting their pre-orders delivered but no sign of mine - I left it a week due to the understandble challenges, still no shirts - in the meantime everyone was going to the shop to buy theirs, which of course I could have done.

Sent an email to the shop, no reply.  Then I received an email from DHL to say that my delivery was on it's way.  When this delivery didn't turn up, i left it a few days and then contacted DHL - they told me that even though the dispatch had been raised in the system by the club, they hadn't actually handed over the parcel yet.  I contacted the club shop again - no response.  I tried contacting the club on Twitter - no response.  I sent an email to Danny Lee and he replied saying that he would forward on to the Retail team to get it resolved.

About a week later my shirts turn up (this week just gone) after no contact from the club.  There were 2 problems with the shirts..  Both of them had Red dye running into the white panels under the arms, and both of them were ridiculously small for the sizing that had been ordered (this second one is not a club problem, but a puma problem).

I have just driven down to the club shop to get them exchanged for bigger sized, with full knowledge that I will probably have to wait for new stock to arrive as I was fully aware that the current stock of home shirts had sold out.  I was told that no more stock would be coming in and my only option was a refund.

It is now clear to me that my original pre-order was missed, and eventually they got around to my numerous enquiries only to realise that they had run out of stock of the sizes that I wanted so sent me stock that had obvious faults with the red dye on the white panels - in the meantime I have been wasting my time to get the issue resolved.

So now I am in the situation where I can't get hold of the best shirt that we have released for a long time - and the reson for this being that I was giving the club the benefit of the doubt due to the crap that they were having to deal with.  Again, as trivial as it is - it has has seriously fucked me off.

I would have preferred for the club to just contact me, front up, say they fucked up and missed my order and refunded the money - rather than have me wasting my time and energy to get it resolved and then end with the same result.  I felt dirty taking a refund from the club that I want to financially support.

That is my cathartic rant over with - but in normal times I would be raging directly at the club and not to a bunch of blokes on a football forum that really couldn't give a fuck about my 1st world problems.

Meanwhile in Afghanistan....  Hmmm

Now, ain't that just like me?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 12:52:02 »

I'm glad I went one size bigger with my shirt.

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 13:04:50 »

Meanwhile in Afghanistan....  Hmmm

Like I said, 1st world problems, but while we still have absolute dickheads in this world that think that Trump is the answer to the Afghanistan issue, and some that spout absolute shit on here, I will carry on spouting shit about my problems. At least I have relevant knowledge about that to back it up.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 13:08:55 »

Clap

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 13:18:46 »

Like I said, 1st world problems, but while we still have absolute dickheads in this world that think that Trump is the answer to the Afghanistan issue, and some that spout absolute shit on here, I will carry on spouting shit about my problems. At least I have relevant knowledge about that to back it up.

You've really hurt my feelings  Sad

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: