Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122413 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:36:13 »

Well this thread title has now aged...

Peak STFC. Be calling for the managers head next Cheesy
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:36:53 »

So it looks like WMS1879 has succeeded in his objective.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:53:28 »

Peak STFC. Be calling for the managers head next Cheesy

GARNER OUT  Wink

So it looks like WMS1879 has succeeded in his objective.

Such an easy throwaway comment.

I'm assuming you have zero concerns regarding Mr. Z Austin then? I seem to remember how people got ostracized for having concerns about both Jed Bloated Lionface and Tony Tucker...I've got a terrible feeling...it's happening again.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:50:03 »

Concerns about Austin or not, that is not how this evenings topic went, you were the only one that brought that into the mix.

And let's just say it comes out of the woodwork that Austin has a coloured past, what would you like to happen?  Clem sell up?

All anyone is saying is, at least enjoy having a club for a few months before we revert to typical Swindon fan mode that the end is imminent..  As everyone has said, let's focus on the football, let the court case run it's course, see how the club is organised in 6 months time and then start asking pertinent questions if anything feels a miss.  At that point, if it does, I am sure that the Trust will raise it as a concern.

Clem is the owner, he can make his own decisions, the Trust will challenge that if needed, if it becomes a reality.

Enjoy it while it lasts

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:00:06 »

Concerns about Austin or not, that is not how this evenings topic went, you were the only one that brought that into the mix.

And let's just say it comes out of the woodwork that Austin has a coloured past, what would you like to happen?  Clem sell up?

All anyone is saying is, at least enjoy having a club for a few months before we revert to typical Swindon fan mode that the end is imminent..  As everyone has said, let's focus on the football, let the court case run it's course, see how the club is organised in 6 months time and then start asking pertinent questions if anything feels a miss.  At that point, if it does, I am sure that the Trust will raise it as a concern.

Clem is the owner, he can make his own decisions, the Trust will challenge that if needed, if it becomes a reality.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Well said

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:01:50 »

It’s not just about Austin. Clem gave £1.1m to Power when he was in charge. I am not suggesting anything untoward, but that is always going to raise question marks because if you’re happy doing business with Power at those stakes then either you are a bit of an easy mark or there’s more to it than meets the eye.

Fans’ Trusts should always be sceptics, not fanboys, of owners. They have done a great job helping the Club move on from Power. It would be lovely to think we will all ride off in the sunset together. However, we all know EFL, and particularly STFC, owners well enough that we need them to turn a sceptical eye on our new incumbents.

Edit: and I say that with admiration of what Clem and Rob Angus have managed to do over the past few weeks by implementing a proper management structure, some good signings  and generating interest in the team again.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:11:46 by Boeta » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:02:21 »

Enjoy it while it lasts

This is what i was insinuating but it made Jan speechless. When Clem returns we can start to focus on the real day to day Swindon and judge the owners by their actions going forward.  
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:16:52 »

And let's just say it comes out of the woodwork that Austin has a coloured past, what would you like to happen?  Clem sell up?

All anyone is saying is, at least enjoy having a club for a few months before we revert to typical Swindon fan mode that the end is imminent..  As everyone has said, let's focus on the football, let the court case run it's course, see how the club is organised in 6 months time and then start asking pertinent questions if anything feels a miss.  At that point, if it does, I am sure that the Trust will raise it as a concern.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Berni, I totally appreciate and respect your comments as always.

Austin, unless I'm mistaken is the main reason for people's concerns and why we have been talking about the proposed appointment no? Is also LL then not just as culpable as WMS1879 by accusing the poster of "succeeding in his objective". Whilst I agree there might be a different way of going about things, is WMS opinion not valued as much as any other fan? We've already established that several posters (old and new) have also raised concerns. Some have been more vocal about it than others.

Well now you are just assuming further actions that not one person has stated on here. No one has said that (regarding Clem selling up). All people have queried is why the Trust have been so quick to answer everything to date but on this they've become very coy and then defensive. Is that not odd? Maybe I'm wrong to think that.

I'm certain that people are more than intelligent enough though to do both (or several) things...like enjoying having a club to support, raise their concerns with the off-field (at whatever point they wish) and be pleased with the on-field. Or are people no longer capable of this?

Yes I agree, maybe some time should be allowed to pass. It would seem reasonable. However, I am not everyone and each one of us will have a different "meter" on what that is. Of course naturally, some will have a consensus of time frame.

This is true, and he can  of course but I think there is doubt creeping in with the latter statement. Will they certainly challenge? Or are they too far in bed with the new owner now? It feels a little like they've whacked every available egg into Clem's basket.

Oh I'll certainly enjoy on the pitch if it's going well but as I stated at the top, why should that stop me (or whoever else) querying off the pitch? Smiley

It'll all come out in the wash-bag Smiley

NB:
Just noticed BBC Wilts played UB40 - Higher Ground and 4 Non Blondes - Whats Up?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:37:11 »

AFAIC WMS1879 came on to stir the shit pot and create divisions within the fan base. Oh sure he has raised questions, however, do any of you think those questions, allegations, insinuations, nods, winks and innuendo wouldn’t have surfaced anyway? Of course not, you cannot keep things of that nature under wraps for to long, why even in an abstract way the club raised eyebrows and set tongues wagging with the thuggery comments in the Friday statement. After all that the club has been through in my lifetime I’m not getting to worked up over the appointment of individuals, having a club to support is more important. I cannot influence directorships, investments and the running of the club. The only thing I can do is support and pay my money. Until these people are outed as Slaaags, nonces and fackin wrong’uns then I’ll continue to support and pay, when they are I’ll withdraw the oxygen of support and cash to see them off. Over to you Aberdeen, what say you?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:57:01 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:41:50 »

We all know that you judge an owner by how he leaves the club, not after a decent interval even, let alone within a few weeks.

Similarly with Zaver.  There is stuff about his background being disseminated that I personally feel uncomfortable about.  He's being lined up as a vice chairman.  There is however nothing I know that tells me whether he will be good or bad in that role inc. what he may have done outside of football 20 years ago.

This is a Forum and we shall of course gossip and speculate to our heart's content.  And as and when we choose.

However for now Clem's purchase has edged the club away from disaster, perhaps even extinction.  He faces a whole load of shit on STFCs behalf from the EFL. 

Can we not let him appoint a vice chairman of his choice and secure EFL approval before expecting a full public submission seeking our own approval?

Transparency yes but allow the guy to pick his own team, get official approvals and take a breath first.

On the presumed basis that our club's owner has this time used his own money to buy the shares.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:46:01 by RedRag » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 22:10:46 »

Can we not let him appoint a vice chairman of his choice and secure EFL approval before expecting a full public submission seeking our own approval?

100% - as long as that person has not spent time in prison. The Trust get all the credit for saving the club. I’d imagine they’re as unnerved about Austin as we are. Having someone like Austin as vice chair was not part of the Morfuni manifesto, nor was the absence of consultation.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 06:52:47 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 00:43:03 »

Clem Morfuni game could easily be

Keep close to your friends. However keep very much closer to your enemies!!!.

Current situation for STFC with or without the introduction of Austin seems far better than a month or so ago.

Then it seemed terminal. Now a brighter future looks possible.

The key to moving forward surely is Rob Angus. A true Swindon supporter and now CEO he must have privilaged information from above. Should Rob throw his toys out of the cot everyone will know for sure there is a major coming.

Until then really suggest everyone straps themselves in and enjoy the ride. 

COYMRs

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 06:28:09 »

Clem Morfuni game could easily be

Keep close to your friends. However keep very much closer to your enemies!!!.

Current situation for STFC with or without the introduction of Austin seems far better than a month or so ago.

Then it seemed terminal. Now a brighter future looks possible.

The key to moving forward surely is Rob Angus. A true Swindon supporter and now CEO he must have privilaged information from above. Should Rob throw his toys out of the cot everyone will know for sure there is a major coming.

Until then really suggest everyone straps themselves in and enjoy the ride.  

COYMRs

Exactly this, which is why I have said ‘over to you Aberdeen’ that is the litmus test, unless he has been ‘bought’ in which I’d be very, very, very surprised.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 12:27:18 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:08:57 »

100% with LL. I found the club statement about ZA a bit 'odd' to say the least; but lets give the new team some time to prove themselves. I trust Rob Angus 100%.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:49:17 »

It's one hell of a lot of pressure to be put on Rob Angus as CEO with his proven history and passion of supporting STFC

Just hope the Board / Shareholders (whoever they maybe) are genuine and sincere.

Without pissing on anyone's parade here Have just watch this below and wish I hadn't

Crash

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: