Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122648 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 10:08:29 »

Nice touch naming The Town End ‘The Alan McLoughlin Town End’

Before my time but everyone speaks so highly of him, Swindon and Pompey fans especially.

Great move.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #751 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 10:11:55 »

Nice touch naming The Town End ‘The Alan McLoughlin Town End’
Thats great to see, I did mention this to Clem a couple of weeks back about naming a stand or suite after him, didn't think he would act so quickly, even if its a temporary thing.

Well done Clem, Alan Mac was a great player and club servant.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 10:15:51 »

Thats great to see, I did mention this to Clem a couple of weeks back about naming a stand or suite after him, didn't think he would act so quickly, even if its a temporary thing.

Well done Clem, Alan Mac was a great player and club servant.

Seconded. Lovely touch.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #753 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 10:40:29 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/town-rename-town-end-to-honour-the-late-great-alan-mcloughlin/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Hunk

« Reply #754 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 10:48:54 »

I’m not only loving the whole idea, it’s of course a very fitting tribute, but also the amount of effort that’s gone into that statement. Great to hear about the 10% proceeds going to Prospect and also hearing from Alan Mac’s family. It’s made me feel all warm and fuzzy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 08:52:34 »

Bet he hasn't been out driving a van though!

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-chairman-talal-al-hammad-on-his-visit-the-fans-his-plans-and-pies-3345564
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 16:33:47 »

Power no longer a director of Seebeck and Swinton Reds.

The bastard has gone
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 17:39:38 »

a tiny bit of me is looking forward to clem going back to aus for a bit. the pr has been maxed, I am grateful for having a club. Let's see if we still want to be seeing him pouring pints in 2 years time. I really do hope so but would like to start seeing the talk continued on the pitch and off the pitch stadium etc
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #758 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 17:55:15 »

Some fans have very very short memories under 4 weeks ago we nearly didnt have a club. LP so many issues for Clem and Rob to deal with which they still are and will continue to be dealing with well into 2022. Yet after only a few weeks and only 2 league games your already wishing Clem be back in Oz .. Really are you for real. ? Things may not be perfect but my god the progress in a few weeks has been outstanding..
I can't believe I have read your statement I really cant.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 17:59:38 »

Some fans have very very short memories under 4 weeks ago we nearly didnt have a club. LP so many issues for Clem and Rob to deal with which they still are and will continue to be dealing with well into 2022. Yet after only a few weeks and only 2 league games your already wishing Clem be back in Oz .. Really are you for real. ? Things may not be perfect but my god the progress in a few weeks has been outstanding..

No offence but you guys need to step back back from Clem and regain some independence, now he’s in he needs to be treated like any other owner. At the moment it just seems like he can do no wrong no matter what!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 18:05:41 »

No offence but you guys need to step back back from Clem and regain some independence, now he’s in he needs to be treated like any other owner. At the moment it just seems like he can do no wrong no matter what!

a tiny bit of me is looking forward to clem going back to aus for a bit. the pr has been maxed, I am grateful for having a club. Let's see if we still want to be seeing him pouring pints in 2 years time. I really do hope so but would like to start seeing the talk continued on the pitch and off the pitch stadium etc

Jeez, I know how people who have suffered abuse find it hard to build trust again, but seriously - some perspective?  Head Hurts

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #761 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 18:09:42 »

We are holding him to account I can assure you and I think if you read what I said it was that I cannot believe fans are moaning already. I also said things are not perfect and lots to be put right and we continue to hold clem and tob to account on all this  I wont comment any further on this. Enjoy the game tonight

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 18:11:17 »

iv hardly said anything earth shattering. I said a tiny bit. I'm having haunted memories of Jed pouring pints. for me the pr has been maxed and I'm looking forward to see it happening.

iv bought a season ticket for the first time in 20 years. I wouldn't have done that without all the success of the takeover and promises.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 18:15:23 by singingiiiffy » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:23:57 »

We are holding him to account I can assure you and I think if you read what I said it was that I cannot believe fans are moaning already. I also said things are not perfect and lots to be put right and we continue to hold clem and tob to account on all this  I wont comment any further on this. Enjoy the game tonight

I think the bottom line is, there is a rather glaring issue that has come up. This is a time when a number of fans will really need the Trust. You guys have been incredibly quick to answer everything so far (regardless of the day of week); you know all of those cluttering things like "Can we have Bovril back?", "I'm worried about the scarves having overlocked stitching instead of embroidered stitch as it plays havoc with my eczema" and "Will I be able to have a piss in the Stratton Bank this season if not please ask the stewards if they'll be ok handing out SheWee containers?"...which is all nice that the Trust are addressing those many trivial matters.

Although they are probably fucking annoying things in all honesty, yet as soon as someone has suggested "How come you can't meet a potentially convicted money launderer-cum-drug mule (who is potentially going to be appointed VC) before the EFL have done their F&PPT?" It seems like the initial response is to go on the defensive? But why though? It's totally out of character to every bit of progress done so far. Why is this matter so different?

As I said, this is a time when a number of fans are asking for guidance and reassurance so at present (and it doesn't matter if that is one fan or one thousand), the Trust is appearing to fail them. I'm pretty certain a lot of people do have perspective and think that the Trust have done a sterling job so far - myself included. We can be capable of both lauding praise upon what has been done so far but also raise concern in areas that matter and I mean areas that really do matter.

For what it's worth and it is a possibility... a nice press release saying what a lovely man he is after meeting him in Fortnum & Mason's and that he bought everyone Petit Fours and Earl Grey will probably not cut it (although I'm sure the sandwiches will be very nice). I personally don't think that is going to have everyone throwing on a frilly STFC branded bonnet, sucking their thumb and becoming all doe-eyed.

Ffs, I wasn't going to bother commenting on the matter but you guys appear to keep on digging a hole. I'm expecting an announcement for fans to come and help dig said hole next.

HT 0 - 0

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:30:49 »

Well this thread title has now aged...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: