Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123435 times)
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:47:45 »

We havent even played our first home game yet and this shit comes out of the woodwork. Very weird statement to be on the official website. Trying to stay optimistic, but concerning stuff.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:49:08 »

https://courtnewsuk.co.uk/a-fall-guy-who-helped-run-a-pnds-stlg-12-5-milli/

This report about the same case has Austin at 34 when the crime was committed, which makes it looks like the BBC report had his age wrong.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:49:15 »

It's as if the website has been hacked!

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:50:37 »

Quote from: TheDukeOfBanbury
Not going into the details but know the history to all of this.
As said previously more to come out in the fullness of time and not going to post on a forum.

more to come out about the new regime.
or more to come out about power.

or both?
wisemensay1879

« Reply #739 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:52:14 »

Absolutely gutted to be raking over this ahead of a game we've all looked forward to for 18 months, but much better to stick our hand in the air and ask the question now before further potential damage is done. Interesting given the lightning response time of the Trust on literally any social media post for the last month or so that this has been left hanging, and also interesting that it is the only statement the club has made that hasn't been shared on their official social media channels, as someone pointed out earlier.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:54:37 »

Absolutely gutted to be raking over this ahead of a game we've all looked forward to for 18 months, but much better to stick our hand in the air and ask the question now before further potential damage is done. Interesting given the lightning response time of the Trust on literally any social media post for the last month or so that this has been left hanging, and also interesting that it is the only statement the club has made that hasn't been shared on their official social media channels, as someone pointed out earlier.

The Trust in my opinion don’t know the full facts.
Let’s just enjoy what we have for now but clearly you know more than most and the connections.
No more from me. Looking forward to a new beginning.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:57:15 by TheDukeOfBanbury » Logged
wisemensay1879

« Reply #741 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 21:00:15 »

I don't know anything! I just googled the bloke when he first appeared in Clem's original statement and didn't like what I found and it has been nagging me ever since. Today's announcement prompted me to share my concerns.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 23:23:57 »

More concerned about the concerns than the concern itself.

We are Swindon fans. We need to be concerned.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 00:00:03 »

Given everything else that is happening - a quality CEO who is Swindon to the core - the 99% positivity from everything about the new regime - I'm not going to let one press release bring me down and fully intend to enjoy the moment.

Scunthorpe was up there with some of the best away days I've had (and there have been many) and I'm more than willing to give Clem the benefit of the doubt, including how we've managed to sign a midfield that looks totally out of place in the 4th division. (On paper!)

I'm naturally sceptical, but if you can't enjoy this, then why fucking bother.  Come on you cunts, stop your bitching we've just signed Jonny Williams FFS.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 00:01:57 by Pookemon » Logged
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 04:09:30 »

My observation of Australian males is interesting especially in business.
They will f#ck each other over till one bleeds to near death and then when its over or on Friday night offer to share a beer or three. But, Monday morning start all over again. This time they call each other "Mates" and openly f@ck each other business wise that is.
But wait, when another supposed "mate" comes from say Queensland, South Australia or god forbid New Zealand it's all on again.
The only way to beat an Aussie is to keep your foot on his throat and don't take your eyes off his. Which Power obviously didn't. 
But, Australians tend to be proud of their supposed fair play, fair dinkum reputation and stand up for the under dog and I'll help you out "mate" and they generally will. 
I am hoping that Aussie Clem is as good as he has first seemed and Austin have become good "mates" which Morfuni is purposely showing with Austin sitting with him on Saturday and allowing him to become his right hand man.
Suggest this is to show unity between the two of them and "The king is dead Long live the king."
I don't really want to think if I am wrong !!!
If i am correct and I sincerely hope I am STFC could benefit big time.   
Good luck tomorrow COYMRs

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 04:59:58 »

I have 10500+ posts and have similar concerns. Concerns that can hopefully be alleviated in time.

As I said previously, I hate not being able to take everything at face value. It's Lee Power's fault.

I've got 40bijillion posts over the years. And whilst I can see the joy of getting swept up in what seems to be a sensible progressive modern approach to running stfc, there are a few clem amber alert flags which stop me going full in past what happens each day.

Even if things don't seem to be as great as
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 05:06:58 »

The old adage that there are no friends in business can be used in any language in any country around the world. As Clem found out as if he didn’t know. So it leads onto the question of what Pee Lower proposed to him for his initial investment? Because and lest we forget that Clem saw his investment as a business opportunity however you look at it on any level.

What Clem didn’t see coming and neither did Standing for that matter (and I suspect others too, which remains to be seen) was what looked like an attempt to, how to put this? Desert a sinking ship with the contents of the pursers office while letting everyone else go down with the ship.

What you can be sure of is that eventually most if not all of the shenanigans will come out, some soon others later. So as it stands we have to take Clem at face value and trust in Aberdeen, The Trust & Clem himself that the ship has made safe harbour and the repairs to it structurally, reputation & image wise will be quickly dealt with. Don’t ever forget Clem came on board to make money, so did Barry and Standing and possibly others. Then and only then can the good ship Swindon Town FC be relaunched and sail towards what us as fans hope to be a bright future.

In summary, the poacher has turned gamekeeper. Let’s hope it stays that way. I’m all in and invested with ST when the monthly option kicks off next week possibly two shirts today, fingers crossed.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 05:07:25 »

I have 10500+ posts and have similar concerns. Concerns that can hopefully be alleviated in time.

As I said previously, I hate not being able to take everything at face value. It's Lee Power's fault.

I've got 40bijillion posts over the years. And whilst I can see the joy of getting swept up in what seems to be a sensible progressive modern approach to running stfc, there are a few clem amber alert flags which stop me going full in future enthusiasm mode.

I'm hopeful that even if it isn't the dream we hope for, it's better than what we've had.

I do wish the trust had stayed a bit more separate though. Power had to go, and the absolute travesty of how things were being handled when he knew his time was up shows his absolute disregard for the club. But I worry that with the trust aligning themselves with clem we have no where to go if he turns out to be another Terry Brady or any other disappointment
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 05:46:18 »

Given everything else that is happening - a quality CEO who is Swindon to the core - the 99% positivity from everything about the new regime - I'm not going to let one press release bring me down and fully intend to enjoy the moment.

Scunthorpe was up there with some of the best away days I've had (and there have been many) and I'm more than willing to give Clem the benefit of the doubt, including how we've managed to sign a midfield that looks totally out of place in the 4th division. (On paper!)

I'm naturally sceptical, but if you can't enjoy this, then why fucking bother.  Come on you cunts, stop your bitching we've just signed Jonny Williams FFS.

Spot on.
Been enough doom around for a long time and all part of the DNA at Swindon.
We know a further court case is pending and we are not out of the clear of potential wrong-doings.

Just focusing on football now and buzzing for today.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 10:05:14 »

Nice touch naming The Town End ‘The Alan McLoughlin Town End’
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: