Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122923 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 08:24:00 »

Bring back Brunel FM
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 08:24:36 »

Shaun Hodgetts seems to have become the new TEF punch bag...there had to be one with Power out of the picture I suppose...

I hope he reads the forum and has insight

Now, ain't that just like me?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #437 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 08:29:14 »

I think he is probably taking the brunt for the BBC on the whole to be honest. They have been absolutely terrible the last 6 months through this
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 08:42:56 »

Nah. Disdain for his public journalistic efforts have been simmering for some time.

BBC can report facts and there was plenty of that in recent weeks.

BBC Wiltshire Sport did the absolute minimum compared to other departments within their organisation and beyond. BBC South's explanation of the situation would have been a good start, they even got Fjortoft involved.

Thank goodness that, when we were seemingly on our knees, Wilts Sport had a lovely chat about Euro 2020 links to Swindon Town.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 08:52:47 »

Compare Shaun Hodgetts questions during the press conference to Andrew Hawes' afterwards, totally chalk and cheese.

I don't think it is anyone 'picking' on Shaun just his journalistic style hasn't moved with the times.

I'm looking forward to when there is a Loathed Stranger podcast with the new incumbants though.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 09:12:47 »

A new beginning of sorts coming up for the fans that's for sure.
But has there actually been any official word from the EFL that restriction free attendance for home & away fans will be good to go?
It will be good to experience the non socially distanced wait to get out of the upper reaches of the DRS again.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 09:36:34 »

I've previously thought Hodgetts got a lot of undeserved stick.

I know the BBC has to be impartial. But to my mind  what's looks like a considered editorial policy to ignore the situation and only relay the Power side (at request?) has really fucked me off.

I get he has to protect the BBC commentary rights. But he also has to do his job. Scared of losing his 'understands' special relationship (or his kneecaps)?

I am not expecting him to be 'with us', but I do expect him to as equally be  'with them'.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 09:40:42 »

I've previously thought Hodgetts got a lot of undeserved stick.

I know the BBC has to be impartial. But to my mind  what's looks like a considered editorial policy to ignore the situation and only relay the Power side (at request?) has really fucked me off.

I get he has to protect the BBC commentary rights. But he also has to do his job. Scared of losing his 'understands' special relationship (or his kneecaps)?

I am not expecting him to be 'with us', but I do expect him to as equally be  'with them'.

Funnily enough I was going to also mention the special relationship with journo Alan Nixon. I see he has literally just tweeted 'couple leaving' which I suspect are BP to the Greggs tasting factory and JG to the glue factory. I've asked him about incoming but I imagine now his mouthpiece has gone won't respond.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 09:42:52 »

yeah PPP and Grounds to be sure

Nixon I don't care as much. National press that in a normal season most people will flick over

BBC Wilts are supposed to be a local community radio
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 10:03:14 »

I think he is probably taking the brunt for the BBC on the whole to be honest. They have been absolutely terrible the last 6 months through this

I'm not so sure, the whole point of BBC is to be impartial and give both sides a fair hearing. If you compare and contrast Hodgetts first interview with Clem to his last with Power there is no comparison.

Clem actually got a grilling, which is as it should be. Power was just allowed to talk utter contradictory nonsense, with no scrutiny. I know why, because Hodgetts was worried about losing all his 'BBC Wiltshire Sport understands' exclusives. But it's still not how the BBC should behave.

Hopefully new lot will give all local media access rather than just have one favoured pet.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 23, 2021, 10:05:00 by PetsWinPrizes » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 10:05:35 »

indeed.

though I do think the BBC is the best medium for Comms
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 10:13:55 »

We need a Shaun Hodgetts thread. 200+ pages until he finally leaves BBC Wiltshire.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Flashheart

« Reply #447 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 10:13:56 »

I used to stick up for Hodgetts.

Used to...
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 10:31:36 »

indeed.

though I do think the BBC is the best medium for Comms

I agree to a point, it's certainly best for local, non-social media using fans. But I would personally like to see the in house comms doing more of the news dropping. Then the rest of the outlets can take it from there. Rather than everything getting leaked to one source and then appearing on official club channels.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 10:31:47 »

the Official Supporters club have tweeted that they are looking for 20 volunteers to tart up the CG on Monday from 9am. I know some on here that are Swindon based said that they would help out so thought I would mention it here. I'll try and find the link to the form that needs to be completed.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 23, 2021, 10:41:15 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: