Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123165 times)
Wormholes of Time

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 19:15:43 »

The last time I had a season ticket was in the Premier League season and I gave it to Reg gratis after watching us lose 5-0 at home to Liverpool on my birthday. But I think I'm going to get one this season. As I write this, I have, opposite me, Reg's collection of Victorian pennies and entrance tickets for STFC v Roma, 10th September 1969; League Cup v Burnley 4th December 1968, and the replay v Burnley.
Flashheart

« Reply #421 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 21:27:36 »

Whenever I go to Pattaya, there's always STFC news when I get back.

Guess where I'm going tomorrow? (I'll give you a clue - it's Pattaya)
digby

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 22:14:37 »

Anyone know where i can get a link to the press conference plz - i tried wiltshire radio site but couldnt find a link !
digby

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 22:20:30 »

Found it !  Yes
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 22:21:42 »

Found it !  Yes

Link?
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 22:30:29 »

I've just remembered something that my old mate, Reg, would have remembered: St Clem is the patron saint of blacksmiths. St Clem was the name on the lips of Wiltshire agricultural rioters in the Captain Swing riots of 1830. I shall have a drink tonight, courtesy of the Radical Stroud Reg Smeeton Memorial Cup, and toast St Clem. This is, as Reg would say, a very good rune.
This is a beautiful testament to friendship, and clearly a friendship so deep that you could countenance Reg considering the runes ‘very good’.

For the TEF, I suspect his optimism would have been tempered somewhat.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 23:21:07 »

Haven't listened to Hodgetts much, was he such a negative chippy sod with power?

Sent from my SM-A125F

No, and that was poor, really time for him to be put out to pasture. The Loathed Stranger Crew and Vic's 'On The Sofa's' have shown him up for the out of date dinosaur he is. He was dreadful today.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 00:29:43 »

After relinquishing our 3 season tickets in Row R of the DR after the play off with PNE we have decided to renew two adult ST for the coming season as soon as they become available to new applications. We hadn’t abandoned the club, no way could we ever do that but the uptake of games began to gather pace during Wellens tenure (as well as away games) and we really thought we were going places. Sadly last season showed up how the structure of the club was built on sand as if we didn’t kind of know that already.

Like most of you I’m sure, we’re so excited about how things have panned out this week and you know what, if it all goes pear shaped on the pitch due to the mountain we have to climb and we get relegated to the NL we’ll still have two ST for that campaign too!

We are on a journey that has the potential to eclipse the ride and rise up the leagues we had when Lou took us to consecutive promotions which Ozzie and Glen then continued to the premiership, oh with an improved ground to boot.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 04:52:36 »

What's going on with Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman? he's still contracted to us right? or did we breach that contract by not paying him?
Oi tink e be off to them thar Rovers to the west.

I’d imagine he’s the polar opposite of what Garner wants.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 23, 2021, 06:15:45 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 07:12:11 »

No, and that was poor, really time for him to be put out to pasture. The Loathed Stranger Crew and Vic's 'On The Sofa's' have shown him up for the out of date dinosaur he is. He was dreadful today.

Really odd wasn’t it. So out of touch with the mood of fans. Ready to remind Garner of his past failings. No sense of the relief and optimism no just on here but anywhere you look. Time for a new front man.
kaufman

« Reply #430 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 07:27:37 »

I actually really enjoyed listening to Garners answers on his time at Rovers. Andrew Hawes went either deeper with the questions and it made a really interesting interview. The talk of the town is worth a listen for all the interviews
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 07:39:27 »

Talk of the Town:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09pzxt5

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 07:47:02 »

BBC Wilts need to be rid of Hodgetts. He has no clue. So out of touch. Sheridan’esque.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 07:56:25 »

I couldn't find the Hodgett's interview - Is it still available?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 08:19:42 »

Shaun Hodgetts seems to have become the new TEF punch bag...there had to be one with Power out of the picture I suppose...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: