Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123865 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 16:35:15 »

I know it’s probably all the excitement of the last few days going to my head. But Wollacott, Hunt, Baudry, Conroy, Iandolo, Lyden, Payne and potentially Grant isn’t a bad starting point for a first XI.
5 of them won this league just over 12 months ago. Fuck staying up, we can be in and around the play offs!!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 16:39:25 »

What's going on with Pitman? he's still contracted to us right? or did we breach that contract by not paying him?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 16:40:25 »

What they are saying to the media about staying up being the ambition, is probably way different to what hey are saying on the training ground. Lower expectation, relieve pressure.

Tbf, Payne said he’d stay if he thought we’d be challenging. That will be a good pointer, I think.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #408 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 16:41:35 »

What's going on with Pitman? he's still contracted to us right? or did we breach that contract by not paying him?
There was a cryptic comment from Garner on the Pitman and Grounds situation...."we are contacting the EFL about it".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:02:54 »

All positive stuff, its great to hear how they are improving the medical and science depts, its always things like this that helps attract players.

I'm sure the players are being told this seasons ambition but are also being told the longer terms aims, so they know it may be a hard season but hang in there and be part of the joy ride in helping to improve on the pitch
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:04:02 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
There was a cryptic comment from Garner on the Pitman and Grounds situation...."we are contacting the EFL about it".

I missed that. interesting.
Flashheart

« Reply #411 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:07:30 »

Has there been any mention yet about Lyden going off the other day?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:08:53 »

Haven't listened to Hodgetts much, was he such a negative chippy sod with power?

Sent from my SM-A125F
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #413 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:13:26 »

Led to believe that Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman refused to come back to the club until.he was paid. Grounds was self isolating but he should have returned and he hasn't
Suspect they want to speak to EFL in order to see where the club stands given their non return.
Believe the issue with Lyden was down to feeling a tight hamstring
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:15:39 by JanAirplaneMan » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:15:06 »

There was a cryptic comment from Garner on the Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman and Grounds situation...."we are contacting the EFL about it".

I think what that meant is finding out whether the contract options the club exercised (Grounds? Why?) were still valid - I don't know if the players had a say in whether they could accept or reject the extensions, or whether the club's failure to pay them and their withdrawal of labour meant they were invalidated anyway. I think that's what they're trying to unravel now.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:15:50 »

Has there been any mention yet about Lyden going off the other day?

I’m sure I read he felt tight, so wasn’t worth risking it, should be okay for Saturday?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:31:48 »

I think what that meant is finding out whether the contract options the club exercised (Grounds? Why?) were still valid - I don't know if the players had a say in whether they could accept or reject the extensions, or whether the club's failure to pay them and their withdrawal of labour meant they were invalidated anyway. I think that's what they're trying to unravel now.

If they don't want to come back then thats fine, let them drift of to NL
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:41:52 »

Is JBZ now being a parody of himself?

I think somebody has hacked JBZ's account, he seems way too positive
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:45:10 »

Listened today. Liked what I heard. It seems clear to me that Morfuni just won’t get involved in the day to day, which is fine, and he’ll leave that to the others - rightly so. I got the feeling he’s along for the ride, and hopefully some ground development. Garner spoke well. As did Rob Angus. We’re now a fan led club. Who’d have bet on that when the orange hats were out!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:58:28 »

I think somebody has hacked JBZ's account, he seems way too positive

I thought that the suggestion that the away kit should pay homage to Australia was on brand, yes

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: