Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123405 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:55:03 »

Of course!! Cheri Lunghi

No, no, no.  Managers job has gone, Lynda Block.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:07:39 »

No, no, no.  Managers job has gone, Lynda Block.

No, surely this is the time for Sheena Easton.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:11:25 »

Haha. My focus will be on the CEO and if Clem wants to appear at any point then he'd be welcome.

For what it's worth. I got wind that Morfuni was in the country via the 'Clem Texters' sending cryptic DMs to people because they can't help themselves.

Members of the Trust, including the lads who run the socials, simply did not know that he was coming into the country.

His attendance at Supermarine could have been reliant on the EFL approval coming through etc.

Completely blown out of proportion.

I know some fans like the idea of having the ear of the owner, but these clem texters need to stop, there will be a lot of p'd off fans if this continues as they will inevitably leak anything he tells them like how the name of the new manager was being bandied about before the bookies had even go wind of it, I thought this had been sorted when previously he was recorded talking to fans.

Nothing against anyone who has his number and clem responds but there is a thin line between talking football and leaking private chats and info.

He is now the owner of stfc and things will be different.

This is not the first time I've heard the fans that have his number bigging themselves up (or some of them, I think there are a few).

Sorry to be a bit negative, it just annoys me a little.

Now back to the celebrations.
Hunk

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:13:28 »

Today has been delightful. I wasn’t aware how much genuine stress this whole ownership saga has caused me until it became clear it’s resolved, feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I’m perfectly happy to give Ben Garner my full support. His time at Rovers was obviously a torrid one, but he is clearly a considered choice and hopefully one that’ll fit right into the philosophy that Clem appears very keen on bringing to the club. By all accounts he’s a very highly considered coach. It goes without saying that the last time we had a ‘highly considered coach’ at the helm it turned out to be a disaster but that was working under a completely different regime, so I won’t be comparing the two going forward.

Happy happy happy
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:15:09 »

All positive stuff so far. I've spangled a bit too much money this month on booze, powder and fanny. Reckon clem could shout me a few 100 notes to help with the rent at the end of the month? I think that would really be the statement of intent that the fans could get behind.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:19:16 »

I think you and your dealer might have to come to an arrangement this month. I expect that SBC and the rent on the CG might take precedence before your rent gets a consideration.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:31:05 »

Ben can just sell some of his clothes, he doesn't always need them.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:48:15 »

Win lose or draw that first game at The County Ground is something i cannot wait for. Turned a bit of a blind eye to everything related to the club in the past few weeks but now feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway at the end where he sits down at the table for a huge feast.

Welcome Clem and co.

"We'll keep the red flag flying high, cause Swindon Town will never die".
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 17:58:47 »

Do we now need to learn the words to ‘Advance Australia Fare’?
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 18:09:27 »

Not sure if mentioned but I hope Lee Peacock and Steve Mildenhall still have a role at the club. Maybe more understandable for Mildy as a Swindon lad but Peacs has shown a proper love for this club ever since he left.

Bit of a club legend for me.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 18:11:39 »

Not sure if mentioned but I hope Lee Peacock and Steve Mildenhall still have a role at the club. Maybe more understandable for Mildy as a Swindon lad but Peacs has shown a proper love for this club ever since he left.

Mildenhall is name checked in the press release as staying as goalkeeper coach.

Peacock not mentioned, but no reason to expect he won't go back to his role with the u18s.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 18:14:41 »

The new CEO is a man who many (if not most) Town fans know, he has been introduced to staff already as the new CEO and its a very good appointment IMO, I feel almost every fan will probably be impressed with him.

I won't blow his cover by announcing it ahead the official announcement but have told a couple of people on here and I am sure it will come out before the official announcement tomorrow anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 18:17:21 »

...but Peacs has shown a proper love for this club ever since he left.

Definitely.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 18:17:59 »

Devlin?

Sent from my SM-A125F
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 18:30:28 »

If it's Wray or Fitton someone needs to make sure there is a dual signature required on cheques and contracts.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: