Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Final: England v Italy  (Read 23649 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 15:45:15 »

Yes we had a very favourable draw - both with lack of travel and the teams we played. Yes, we had the rub of the green on a couple of occasions. But, I think you make your own luck. I also think that we have been solid across the team and replacements coming in have not weakened the starting 11.

I don't think we have had stand out performers (like a Ronaldo or Modric) but haven't needed them. The team has worked for eachother.

I think Italy have done something similar. However, I think they have that bit of extra star quality and may unfortunately produce a single moment of magic that will unlock the final. I hope not, as I would love to see England win - obviously. But an England win or Swindon stay up ? I know what I want more!

Aight, no brainier I would have preferred Swindon to stay up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 15:46:43 »

Quote from: Boy About Town
Thoughts on Monday being a Bank Holiday?

not happening. But a future one, yes. if we win it
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 15:47:16 »

IF England win we can expect all the negatives to come bleating out of the usual suspects. Poor tournament, home advantage, get all the decisions, never a penalty, blah blah blah.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 15:50:05 »

No! Not past tense, future tense! I meant Swindon stay in the league this year!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 16:00:47 »

I ain't got a clue how this is going to go. The Denmark game was easier to predict but this is another thing completely. I think my head's saying Italy will win as they know how to do it, but my heart says we'll blow them away. We need to keep discipline as they will be playing the foul diving/feigning game for sure. Hopefully the ref is strong as that will benefit us.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 17:25:46 »

England win - fights and pissed up cunts fighting.

England lose - fights and pissed up cunts fighting.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 18:01:42 »

Which is why I'll be watching at home.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 18:11:49 »

.......We need to keep discipline as they will be playing the foul diving/feigning game for sure.......

We're no longer slouches in that department either !
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 18:25:42 »

Stories on twitter that there has been quote an outbreak of the rona close to the Italy camp (media etc).

Sent from my SM-A125F
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 18:30:49 »

A lot of the foreign press appear to think we have been lucky with home games and decisions. They can go fuck themselves. We crushed Ukraine in our game away from Wembley. As for decisions, we've not been given one blindingly obvious wrong one.
Sunday will be tough with the Italians being favourites I'd imagine.
However it goes this group has done the country and themselves proud. I've got enough room for a bit more pride though should we win.
I'm not nervous yet as we are where we deserve to be. I'm quite chilled as whichever way it goes we've done well. And I'll forget all that on Sunday when I'll be on the piss and the adrenalin starts pumping.

Cheers Chalkies. You've summed up my thoughts better than I could.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 18:33:25 »

"There are a quarter of a million Italians in Britain and they'll be made to suffer"

I feel the need to get into a classic mini.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 20:01:53 »

Right then, nowt else to do tonight so I've written a quiz to keep you busy in the build up. England then and now, 20 questions. All questions refer to the England senior men's side only unless otherwise stated.

Then
1. Name the two players have been sent off for England more than once

2. Which permanent England manager has the lowest win percentage at 38.9%?

3. What was the final score in the England v Germany match at the 2010 World Cup, best remembered in England for Frank Lampard’s clear goal not being given?

4. The Euro 1996 penalty shoot-out in which Gareth Southgate famously missed had seen all of the first eleven penalties scored by both teams. Name any three of the five England players to successfully convert from the spot.

5. Who were the fourth side who shockingly topped Group D in World Cup 2014, finishing ahead of Uruguay, Italy and England?

6. Who is England’s most capped defender?

7. What is the best finishing position at a European Championships for the England women’s national team, achieved in both 1984 and 2009?

8. Who has the most caps: Wes Brown, Michael Gray, Rob Green, Ben White or Jamie Red-knapp?

9. Who is England’s youngest ever full international player?

10. How many Tudor roses are on the England crest?

Now
11. There are six teams that have two or more players in the final Euro 2021 squad - name those clubs

12. How many goals have England scored in the tournament before the final?

13. Where was the one England game held away from Wembley played?

14. Who are England’s backup goalkeepers in the current squad?

15. Who was the first England player booked in this tournament?

16. Who is the oldest player in the England squad?

17. How many teenagers are in the England squad?

18. Who started England’s opening game against Croatia at left back?

19. Who is the only outfield player to have played every minute of England’s tournament so far?

20. How many members of this squad have more caps than their manager, Gareth Southgate, who won 57 in his England career?

Will post the answers tomorrow afternoon.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 20:12:31 by Nemo » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 20:38:33 »

Two best teams in tournament. I backed Italy at 11s. I hope I lose. It's a 50/50 match up.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 20:43:36 »

If we're getting beat with 20/25 minutes to go I want Grealish, Sancho, Fodden (if fit) Sterling and Bellingham all on the pitch

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 20:45:54 »

Its a common fan question between teams but in my lifetime I have seen swindon promoted 5 times and relegated 7 times. Success for England...nope just continuous heartbreak.

I would never want Swindon to be relegated and would like nothing more than for us to climb the leagues. But last season was a complete waste of a year and we are back to where we were so i might break the ranks on this and would love to see some national success. To see the whole country buzzing is a special thing to enjoy  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: