Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Germany  (Read 25371 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:06:24 »

Oh shit, I've only just realised we're playing at 5pm. I was convinced it was 8pm  Doh
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:06:37 »

I’ve been told security at the England camp is tighter than a crabs arse.
My mate is head of security for the England team and you have been told correctly.

I used to be employed as England football security back in the 90s and it was fairly tight back then but I have been told that this is more like protecting the US president than a football squad.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:14:21 »

Back 3 of Maguire Walker and Stones.

Mings is starting - from the horses mouth.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:15:34 »

Hope he misses the teeth!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:15:38 »

Oh dear!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:16:55 »

Why so down on Mings? Haven't we just kept 3 clean sheets with him in defence?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:19:18 »

At international level its much more about horses for courses, playing players for a certain role to compliment the tactics rather than going with the same formation game in game out.

If Southgate thinks we will be better served by going 3 at the back with Mings in to do a man marking job Havertz say then that would facilitate that change it would also match us up more closely to the 3421 favoured by Germany.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 10:02:36 »

At international level its much more about horses for courses, playing players for a certain role to compliment the tactics rather than going with the same formation game in game out.

If Southgate thinks we will be better served by going 3 at the back with Mings in to do a man marking job Havertz say then that would facilitate that change it would also match us up more closely to the 3421 favoured by Germany.
Yep think you are right and we will likely see walker rwb then
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 10:04:59 »

I see the "If we fail Southgate has got selection wrong" Twitter brigade is already starting to rumble.

This is the curse of having a deep, talented squad. There's no way you can get every brilliant attacking player into the side, so there will always be someone people can point at and go "If only we'd picked Grealish/Sancho/Foden we'd have won 5-1". I would like people who say "Grealish must play" to be forced to explain who they'd drop though, so many of them seem to think Southgate is maliciously passing up the opportunity to play with 15.

I think most of the big calls so far he's got right - Phillips seemed an odd call in the first game but did well, Sterling many of us would have dropped but has been our best player so far, Saka was left field but brilliant. Where we've struggled is with the first name on the team sheet - Kane - not finding form.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 12:35:04 »

The deficiency in attack is caused by the central midfield I think, not the rotation of those up top (although Kane has been next to useless in this tournament thus far and seems like his ankle is fucked to me).

It's the fact we don't have anyone who can dictate the pace, drive the team, create the openings.  You can't just pass the ball around for two minutes, give it to Grealish and expect something to happen.  Meanwhile their defence has had an armchair ride preparing for the final ball.

On the plus side, we seem to bore the other team into not scoring very often.

A couple of teams have already shown that you do not need the best players all the time, a good work ethic and cohesion at this type of tournament can be enough.  Players are generally not that far off each other ability wise plus you get the impact of mental pressure on the players.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 12:53:56 »

It’s a tough choice for Southgate, based on form & performance Kane shouldn’t be getting in the team, but it’s virtually impossible to drop him.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 14:32:30 »

Time to go.

Come on England!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 14:41:38 »

It’s a tough choice for Southgate, based on form & performance Kane shouldn’t be getting in the team, but it’s virtually impossible to drop him.

Give Kane the ball in the right areas and he will score goals....simple
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 14:44:30 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 14:42:34 »

Time to go.

Come on England!

Go easy on the pop it could be a long night😀

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 14:43:08 »

Give the Kane the ball in the right areas and he will score goals....simple
Therein lies the problem, hes been playing much deeper coming back to win the ball rather than getting any service in the box which is what he thrives on.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: