Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275151 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1815 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 10:31:47 »

I was expecting to mention us but he sounded soulless

So depressing to hear him talk. Reminds me of Luke Williams.

Hopefully this isn't a product of a lot of youth coaches if we're continuing with the model.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1816 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 10:42:46 »

I supported Garner while he was with us but never took to him as a tactician or person, this isn't sour grapes at him leaving, that doesn't bother me at all. I posted similar back in January.

Never have I been to "meh" about a manager leaving us for another club, ever, he was a dull uninspiring talker who never really engaged with fans at any level, his substitutions at times were bizarre and his tactics to constantly just pass the ball inspite of it being 2 yards in front of our goal just suicidal when just the occassional hoof would have suited the situation better, certainly in L2 with the players we had.

Admittedly in the last 7 games or so that changed somewhat and we did become better to watch due to us not playing as many hospital balls back to a keeper who struggled kicking it long.

Yes at times it was some great football to watch, breaking with pace down the wings and the middle but mostly it was keeping possession with 20 short passes inside our half only to have one stray pass be picked up by the opposition and regularly punished or at least a goal scoring chance was created.

I don't miss him and he barely registered on my radar as manager as he often kept himself to himself.

Nobody can blame him for leaving when the going was "pretty good" as he actually didnt really achieve anything other than being 1 penalty kick away from the play off final, a managers career is, of late, shorter than most player careers so make hay while the sun shines.

I bare no mallice to him and good luck for the future but I truly think we can, and will, do better than him as manager.

Thanks for 1 pretty good season against the odds at the start of the campaign, shame it wasnt a very good season in the end.

Now lets move on and support the new incoming young manager.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1817 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 10:43:49 »

About right JJ

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1818 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 10:50:48 »

I supported Garner while he was with us but never took to him as a tactician or person, this isn't sour grapes at him leaving, that doesn't bother me at all. I posted similar back in January.

Never have I been to "meh" about a manager leaving us for another club, ever, he was a dull uninspiring talker who never really engaged with fans at any level, his substitutions at times were bizarre and his tactics to constantly just pass the ball inspite of it being 2 yards in front of our goal just suicidal when just the occassional hoof would have suited the situation better, certainly in L2 with the players we had.

Admittedly in the last 7 games or so that changed somewhat and we did become better to watch due to us not playing as many hospital balls back to a keeper who struggled kicking it long.

Yes at times it was some great football to watch, breaking with pace down the wings and the middle but mostly it was keeping possession with 20 short passes inside our half only to have one stray pass be picked up by the opposition and regularly punished or at least a goal scoring chance was created.

I don't miss him and he barely registered on my radar as manager as he often kept himself to himself.

Nobody can blame him for leaving when the going was "pretty good" as he actually didnt really achieve anything other than being 1 penalty kick away from the play off final, a managers career is, of late, shorter than most player careers so make hay while the sun shines.

I bare no mallice to him and good luck for the future but I truly think we can, and will, do better than him as manager.

Thanks for 1 pretty good season against the odds at the start of the campaign, shame it wasnt a very good season in the end.

Similar to Wellens for me.

Did well in a small window.
Don’t think we were going to fully know what we had with Garner until season #2 which obviously we won’t get.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1819 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 10:52:10 »

Exactly this.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1820 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:14:07 »

All in all Venks a steady 7/10 for me.
Can’t see him lasting the season at Charlton.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1821 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:15:35 »

Similar to Wellens for me.

Did well in a small window.
Don’t think we were going to fully know what we had with Garner until season #2 which obviously we won’t get.

Wellens was class, however we all have opinions.
Would have him every day over Foldy Arms.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1822 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:22:53 »

Wellens was class, however we all have opinions.
Would have him every day over Foldy Arms.

Class first season.
Atrocious second season.
Third season would have been an indication of which was the ‘true’ Wellens.
His post STFC managerial stats are poor.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1823 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:28:49 »

I think all of the clubs that Wellens has been at have been basket cases for different reasons, so the championship season for us he deserves a lot of credit for, and for the overall job he did with fan engagement etc.

I really fancy LO for a strong season next year, and it's the first job he has had where you would say he is not at a real basket case club.  I personally think he will prove the doubters wrong in a relatively stable environment.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1824 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:44:24 »

Stroud Times reporting Cooper is in the frame
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1825 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:45:58 »

So if no announcement today, the bloke reporting a man in his 40s having a pic with a scarf above his head yesterday at the ground was probably yanking our chain.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1826 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:47:48 »

Fuck no.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1827 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:51:11 »

oh dear lord

I don't want to go again. do you hear me
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #1828 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:52:00 »

No more than noting he was in the bookies list at 16/1.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1829 on: Thursday, June 9, 2022, 11:52:40 »

yeah, mercifully seems fact free

https://stroudtimes.com/former-forest-green-boss-in-swindon-town-frame/
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: