Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275120 times)
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1665 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:03:03 »

"We also want to reassure fans that the search for a new Head Coach is well underway and we hope to make an appointment soon."

Meaning we've been working on this for a while.

I think so, Charlton's wording says Garner signed ''this week'' not ''today'' so it must have been done Monday I would say which would go with what Jantheplaneman said.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1666 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:03:07 »

How was Lincoln ever able to pay so much anyway? Never known them to be moneybags.
They made a lot (£2m+) from getting into the last 8 of the FA cup in 2017 when as a non league side they got to the QF's, they won the league then next season won the EFL trophy at Wembley, then 2 seasons after won L2 at a canter, invested wisely off the pitch too.

Also £5k pw in L1 is a higher average wage but nowhere near rare, according to the media sites that know these things. When he signed for Lincoln he was regarded as one of the best talents in L1 at the time so commanded a large wage.

How Much Do League 1 Players Make?
The English League 1 brings in far less revenue than the Championship and the Premier League. The top players in the division can earn more than £5,000-20,000 per week but this is much more than most League 1 players earn. The average player earns around a couple thousand pounds per week.

League 1 Average Salary
Many League 1 clubs are very secretive about their finances. The average weekly salary is estimated to be between £1,700 and £2,500 per week. This comes to between £88,400 and £130,00 per year.

In a leaked document by the Daily Mail, it was revealed that the average highest earner on each club was £4,753 per week or £247,188 per year.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1667 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:03:21 »

Here's to hopefully the return of some exciting football  Pint
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1668 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:04:43 »

"We also want to reassure fans that the search for a new Head Coach is well underway and we hope to make an appointment soon."

Meaning we've been working on this for a while.

Careful. You’ll be accused of getting that from Mumsnet accompanied by childish abuse.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1669 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:04:48 »

Beating Charlton in the 1st round of the carabao cup would be nice😀

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1670 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:06:34 »

Careful. You’ll be accused of getting that from Mumsnet accompanied by childish abuse.
I still have no idea what mumsnet is and no I wont google it.

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1671 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:06:45 »

Beating Charlton in the 1st round of the carabao cup would be nice😀

Don’t go there JQ. You’re tempting fate for sure.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1672 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:07:55 »

Hopefully Garner lets us have Chuks Aneke in return for him leaving, he always tears us a new one when we play against him.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1673 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:09:59 »

I'm sure it would be played in front of an undestaing home crowd on a lovely summers evening!

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1674 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:12:09 »

My SO suggests that it's a forum and cesspit of filth where people discuss their DD's and DS's! Albeit was interesting to see that our Divine Leader got a much harder time from there than he does from most political journalists!

Coincidentally, considering cesspits of filth,  I discovered yesterday that the TEF is blocked when on Trans Pennine Express complementary Wi-Fi!

FWIW don't really bear any hostility to Garner, he got an offer higher up the ladder on more money, can anyone honestly suggest they would not accept likewise (or at least consider), especially bearing in mind that a decent proportion of the fan base never took to him. On to the next one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1675 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:17:36 »

#announceNewBloke
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1676 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:20:34 »

I’ve heard of it, that’s all but clearly someone else knows more that you and I. I’m adamant (not Adam Ant) that this saga has been going on well before the play offs v Pork Vile. The appt of Di Michelle must have been in the pipeline for some time and BG wasn’t going to play along with it. The club could easily have said (assuming BG contract didn’t have any small print to say otherwise) this is what is going to happen going forward without naming names. BG had two choices, run with it or bail. His agent would have put the feelers out and cast the baited hook. Charlton took a big bite and here we are. His replacement probably has been chosen, though not necessarily been appointed with a contract, could be wrong I think by the end of this week we’ll have that replacement. Again, they won’t cost money IMHO. They’d rather spend the compo on a players wages than reinvest in an existing contracted manager/coach.

I cannot help thinking that there are those amongst us who maybe don’t realise how organised and forward thinking the management and owner of STFC actually are. Every business has or should have a five year plan with objectives and back up plans of critical points of the plan that get disrupted such as in losing your manager unexpectedly. Di Michele may have already pointed them towards an up and coming manager as part of an interview presentation to make his point and secure the job. Along with a list of players…
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:23:25 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1677 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:27:22 »

Interesting to hear Garner at his first press call - lets see if he is willing to disclose why he left as I'm sure at some point Clem or Rob will let the fans know the full details of why Garner left, I'm sure htye will be open about it when talking to the press.

Wonder what will happen with the 2 Scott's if they are now left here, bit awkward considering Garner wanted them, and Charlton probably wanted to pay 10p for them.

If the new man does not want them then it plays into Charlton's hand as it means we have to do something with them, if we pay them off they go straight to Charlton we got no compo

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1678 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:29:23 »

2 scotts have gone aswell. From what i heard it was a simple case of they asked if Garner was interested he said yes so we let him talk to them
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #1679 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 11:37:49 »

My SO suggests that it's a forum and cesspit of filth where people discuss their DD's and DS's! Albeit was interesting to see that our Divine Leader got a much harder time from there than he does from most political journalists!

Coincidentally, considering cesspits of filth,  I discovered yesterday that the TEF is blocked when on Trans Pennine Express complementary Wi-Fi!

FWIW don't really bear any hostility to Garner, he got an offer higher up the ladder on more money, can anyone honestly suggest they would not accept likewise (or at least consider), especially bearing in mind that a decent proportion of the fan base never took to him. On to the next one.

AIBU?
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: