Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275172 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1635 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 08:44:10 »

Egbo would be a signing with intent.
Will be a great signing, just have to convince Payne now
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1636 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 08:45:31 »

Well within 48 hours was the report yesterday. So either today or tomorrow.
….  Or the next day….

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1637 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 08:57:40 »

Paul Caddis would be an appointment that would work for many I suspect.
Working towards his UEFA A licence so maybe a role as an assistant coach would be ideal to start with.

Looks to be keeping his eye in anyway.
https://www.paulcaddiselitecoaching.com/

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1638 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 09:34:03 »

Paul Caddis would be an appointment that would work for many I suspect.
Working towards his UEFA A licence so maybe a role as an assistant coach would be ideal to start with.

Looks to be keeping his eye in anyway.
https://www.paulcaddiselitecoaching.com/

Just looking at his record and was quite shocked at how few games he has played, then noticed he is only 34, is he crock as surprised no one (us even) took a flyer on him last season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1639 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 09:43:38 »

Will be a great signing, just have to convince Payne now
Egbo would be excellent, as you stated having Egbo and Tomlinson showed us what we were missing at fullback over the last few years.

I have a feeling Payne will wait and decide depending on when hes spoken to the new manager to see what role he will have. Last season he stated he "wants to be at a club where he is liked and appreciated" more so than a "bigger club on better money".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1640 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 09:46:45 »

Last season he stated he "wants to be at a club where he is liked and appreciated" more so than a "bigger club on better money".

There is 'bigger money' and there is taking a hefty pay cut from what you have been earning, assume he will need to get something sorted reasonably shortly as we/Lincoln will stop paying him end this month won't we?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1641 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 09:54:43 »

There is 'bigger money' and there is taking a hefty pay cut from what you have been earning, assume he will need to get something sorted reasonably shortly as we/Lincoln will stop paying him end this month won't we?
Yeah his last pay cheque will be the end of the month and officially out of contract on 1st July.

Pretty sure Lincoln were paying around 50% of his wages so for him to re sign we must get a fair bit closer than the wage he was on with us (that was actually paid by us).

Massive signing though if we pull it off.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1642 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 09:59:33 »

This is a really wanky 'ITK' type post but I'm led to believe there should be some manager and player news today. No idea of specific details but just that things should be announced.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1643 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 10:00:08 »

Yeah his last pay cheque will be the end of the month and officially out of contract on 1st July.

Pretty sure Lincoln were paying around 50% of his wages so for him to re sign we must get a fair bit closer than the wage he was on with us (that was actually paid by us).

Massive signing though if we pull it off.

Understand what you are saying but in this new post COVID world we live in & the increased costs of living are (m)any football clubs even going to / be able to offer Payne similar wages to what he was on at Lincoln (and here + Lincoln?)
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1644 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 10:04:14 »

Understand what you are saying but in this new post COVID world we live in & the increased costs of living are (m)any football clubs even going to / be able to offer Payne similar wages to what he was on at Lincoln (and here + Lincoln?)

Rather depends what league are prepared to take a punt on him, I imagine some of the bigger budgets in L1 would be reasonably OK with it (wasn't it broadly £250k a year), albeit it depends on someone fancying him and feeling he can do the job at that level.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1645 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 10:04:39 »

Just looking at his record and was quite shocked at how few games he has played, then noticed he is only 34, is he crock as surprised no one (us even) took a flyer on him last season.
I am going to go against the grain here and say that he had fitness issues all his career and always seemed to be coming back unfit, it's weirdly the reason i am against him getting it
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1646 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 10:07:01 »

Rather depends what league are prepared to take a punt on him, I imagine some of the bigger budgets in L1 would be reasonably OK with it (wasn't it broadly £250k a year), albeit it depends on someone fancying him and feeling he can do the job at that level.
Yeah i would imagine you are right but i wouldn't underestimate how happy he is down here to be honest. Would not shock me obviously if someone offers big money down here then yeah
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1647 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 10:21:40 »

How was Lincoln ever able to pay so much anyway? Never known them to be moneybags.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1648 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 10:22:43 »

This is a really wanky 'ITK' type post but I'm led to believe there should be some manager and player news today. No idea of specific details but just that things should be announced.

I hope this is true.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1649 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 10:27:55 »

I've also heard rumblings there's something happening pretty shortly! Fingers crossed
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: