Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275197 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1545 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 11:21:30 »

I can't believe its Tuesday lunch time and those cunts in charge of Charlton haven't got this sewn up yet. Absolute circus.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1546 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 11:21:34 »

What the Fucking hell are you talking about? Mumsnet

What the fucking hell is mumsnet? You obviously know a lot about it…
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1547 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 11:33:12 »

https://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/26755/garner-next-charlton-manager-page?page=32

From the Charlton board, Raj Patel, if he is indeed ITK seems to suggest they aren't going to appoint Garner, but I'm very much reading between the lines of some random fella on a forum to take it with a massive sack full of salt.

Edit - for the Charlton fans who have spotted my post, these posts where why I read it that maybe you aren't going to appoint Garner -

CafcJack said: We all know what's coming and it will prove how this club is run like a circus act
rajpatel said : I don't think you do.....

Which suggests to me that Charlton aren't going to do what every one else thinks they do. Either way, hopefully it'll be resolved soon, i'm sure both sets of fans are pretty bored of this all now.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 12:37:10 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1548 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 11:34:22 »

The gossip was that Delaney was going to QPR - not sure how true that is though, as with everything else with this long running saga

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1549 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 11:35:18 »

According to Charlton Life Sandegaard is in da building today!
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #1550 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 11:37:26 »

Only odds I’ve seen are on BetVictor.

We technically still have a manager - although Charlton, who do not, aren’t quoted either.

Paul Caddis and Gianfranco Zola have both appeared at 8/1 

I don't do much if any betting so unsure what the rules are whether ethically or legally.
What is to stop a betting chain from just putting names into the ring to encourage punters. To change the odds or even place names has there got to be some money change hands or can they manipulate the market?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1551 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 11:47:59 »

Having watched the Monday night club i was interested, and possibly reading too much into James' comments on the Matt Taylor situation. Knowing that Exeter have a smaller budget than us, and that he is on a low wage. I guess thats readily available info, but perhaps he is not as crazy an option as everyone thinks.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1552 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 12:16:25 »

Interesting to see that Cheltenham's Duff has been given permission to talk to 2 championship clubs but Cheltenham announced they have given permission but want him to stay but want it dealt with quickly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61713342

It still baffles me why Clem never released a statement saying Garner had been given permission to talk to a L1 club after an approach was made.

I suppose we will get told one day.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1553 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 12:29:24 »

Interesting to see that Cheltenham's Duff has been given permission to talk to 2 championship clubs but Cheltenham announced they have given permission but want him to stay but want it dealt with quickly.

It still baffles me why Clem never released a statement saying Garner had been given permission to talk to a L1 club after an approach was made.

Nixon said that their owner does things "his own way". I think maybe part of some deal was that we don't say anything until it's done.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1554 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 12:32:56 »

According to Charlton Life Sandegaard is in da building today!

it would be good to put some of this uncertainty behind us. I think we all know Garner is 99% gone to Charlton but it just feels like we have to put our business on hold while they faff about like old women looking for change in their purses at a supermarket checkout.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #1555 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 12:36:12 »

I don't do much if any betting so unsure what the rules are whether ethically or legally.
What is to stop a betting chain from just putting names into the ring to encourage punters. To change the odds or even place names has there got to be some money change hands or can they manipulate the market?

Absolutely nothing.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1556 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 12:39:09 »

Absolutely nothing.

Indeed, the fact is we haven't even officially announced our manager is leaving, so for them to open a book on our next manager either shows they are ITK, or just go off of newpaper musings?

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1557 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 12:44:35 »

I’m struggling to think what benefit the Charlton owner is getting from keeping this hanging in the air. Who gives a shit if he’s physically in the country or not. If Garner was expected to be named manager, but not yet signed, why did he fuck off on holiday? It’s totally weird all round.

It’s like having a giant piece of shit stuck to your shoe and you can’t shake it off.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1558 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 12:51:15 »

Well its possible this was instigated by Garner and not Charlton. A true statement is never getting released for that, and anything else is either a lie or at best obfuscation.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1559 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:07:05 »

Day 63 of schrodinger's Garner, and the natives are growing weary. Well I bloody well am anyway.

it would be good to put some of this uncertainty behind us. I think we all know Garner is 99% gone to Charlton but it just feels like we have to put our business on hold while they faff about like old women looking for change in their purses at a supermarket checkout.

In reality though its probably not made much difference - assuming we have a new man lined up.

Also, agest. It not just old women that do that. Its most women. Like its some kind of shock after queueing for 10 minutes that, at the end of scanning, they have to look into their now TARDIS handbag for a payment method.  
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:10:28 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: