Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275106 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1380 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:22:54 »

We don’t know that he applied before the play offs, it’s all hear say.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1381 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:25:52 »

I blame the journalist for spreading rumours before the clubs had concluded the deal😀

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1382 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:26:14 »

True .

the rumours he was interviewed the Saturday after our exit seen stronger though.

just rumours again, admittedly.

if they are true, that's not much time after playoffs to get to that point...
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #1383 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:30:26 »

Another thought:

What happens to the shortlist of players that BC and BG have been composing for the past 10 months?

It was pretty well documented we had started recruitment for next season a long time ago.

Is that now all a waste of time? I'd like to think not otherwise you're paying a DoF a full time wage to only be useful within a transfer window.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1384 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:32:50 »

Another thought:

What happens to the shortlist of players that BC and BG have been composing for the past 10 months?

It was pretty well documented we had started recruitment for next season a long time ago.

Is that now all a waste of time? I'd like to think not otherwise you're paying a DoF a full time wage to only be useful within a transfer window.

They only wrote it on rice paper, with lemon juice invisible ink, and they've now eaten those pieces of paper so nobody else can find out who they were thinking about.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1385 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:33:50 »

Another thought:

I think you may fine a number of players were lined up and may still sign, hopefully subject to new Coach/Managers approval.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1386 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:35:00 »

For all we know, Charlton could have approached Garner before the play offs, and he may have said, let me get these out the way and then we can have a chat?

No one knows if they approached him or if he applied for the job. We probably won’t ever know either.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1387 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:36:20 »

Can’t imagine anyone is going to sign without knowing who the manager is.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1388 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:38:57 »

Maybe we’ve already got a manager waiting in the wings and informed any prospective signings who it is.

I’m sure a ‘name’ could also swing the OOC players into signing up again.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1389 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:41:08 »

Can’t imagine anyone is going to sign without knowing who the manager is.
Jojo and Sweeney did last season which I found a little weird, and that ended up with Sweeney leaving as soon as the new manager arrived.

As for players identified, Les Caffery the Head Of Recruitment will have the list its not like Chorley or BG had exclusive rights to the scouting reports, Les found and identified many of the targets but Chorley did the face to face stuff with the players and arranging contracts etc but the targets are still there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1390 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:49:15 »

to state the obvious the list is potentially only useful if the new man wants to play in the same style. You wouldn't want a flitcroft type with a garner squad

you'd think the new man was known and that this stuff is already being worked on. But until Garner actually officially guess there's not a lot that will happen externally
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1391 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 10:56:40 »

Dunno what the hold with Garner was but left when the article saying he was going to Charlton was first publish. He cleared out his office and the following morning and hasn’t been near the CG since.

I imagine (and I’m guessing here) the lack of official announcement from Charlton limited what we could and couldn’t say about our manager search but I have no doubt it’s been going on since the first article about Garner going to Charlton was published.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1392 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 11:05:16 »

I suspect it was all going on behind the scenes then the holidays got in the way and the journalist made things awkward by leaking the story too early.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1393 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 11:22:36 »

Maybe we’ve already got a manager waiting in the wings and informed any prospective signings who it is.

I’m sure a ‘name’ could also swing the OOC players into signing up again.

All possibly true. Though IMHO the new manager won’t be RM. yes, I know have not suggested it would be.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1394 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 11:31:35 »

Jojo and Sweeney did last season which I found a little weird, and that ended up with Sweeney leaving as soon as the new manager arrived.

I lose track, but wasn’t McGreal manager then?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: