Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 277945 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 05:42:10 »

As its been confirmed that Ben Chorley has resigned, I'm more concerned about that than losing Ben Garner, if that's the case.
You’re not alone there. I will be a little disappointed if Garner goes as I feel he is throwing the towel in on this project without really having had the success we wanted. I hope it’s not a case of starting all over again if he goes. As many on here have said that is football and the lower down the pyramid, the greater at risk we are of our players and staff being poached by bigger fish. Now that the raw pain of the penalties is fading I’m feeling more annoyed that we didn’t go up. We were so poor in so many games and still only 3 points off autos. Fine margins and if a few of those shockers were turned into average games we would have done it. Our starting 11 was good enough to get automatics. The Colchester away match still haunts me. Hopefully we have the minerals to push on and get out of this terrible basement tier next season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 06:54:02 »

I guess I can cope with poaching more easily if the manager/DoF achieve something.

Arguably you could say last season was achieving something I suppose given the circumstances.
----

my main concern now is whether Reed and Williams want to stay. They are under contract, which we assume they chose to sign (rather than automatic extension) - so hopefully they are as good a their word.

if it is an automatic triggering I'd be more nervous
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 07:35:43 »

Another day, another time to breathe and be realistic:

Chorley - He's gone. Do we *really need* a DoF set up? Possibly. He's replaceable.

Garner - He's going. Is he replaceable? Yes. Lots of U23 managers out there that could work with a DoF. Also, lots of wannabe managers and unemployed managers.

Payne, Reed & Williams - Are they replaceable? Yes. But you might want to spread the ability across a more solid and robust midfield. There were lots of quick, big, athletic and skillful midfielders in some of the teams we played against this year.

McKirdy - Golden year. Will he repeat? Who knows? Replaceable? Yes.

Will we get promoted next season? Possibly, but possibly not. That is why we follow the team, hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 07:40:21 »

Matty Taylor Exeter now 2/1 favourite Wellens down to 6/1

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 07:44:14 »

again, why would he leave Exeter?

I mean I know you are only reporting the odds.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1100 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 07:44:54 »

Genuinely suspect they've got the wrong Matty Taylor...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 07:45:54 »

Genuinely suspect they've got the wrong Matty Taylor...

Yep, it'll be the ex-Walsall one.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 07:47:06 »

As you say just looking and reporting. It would be strange if he left a league one club he's just worked hard to get promoted to drop back down to league 2 and as above it's more than likely to be the other Matt Taylor who lives fairly local.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 07:50:17 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 08:02:45 »

I wouldn't be against Taylor coming back. Didn't do a great job at Walsall but then neither did Darrell Clarke who did a good job at Rovers & Vile. Even Flynn doesn't seem to be getting a tune out of them (early days I know).

Either way. It's all in hand. Every one needs to take a deep breath and be a little bit patient I think.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 08:47:30 »

I’d be fully behind Matty Taylor. Lots to like about the man, and has cut his teeth at Spurs and no doubt learned from the Walsall experience. One step ahead of those that come straight out of youth team football.

And a very good LS pod this morning. Definite change of tone, and rightly pointing out the role of the Trust is under the spotlight. I can’t help but feel that were it not for Austin’s presence, there would be no suspicion and unease. You just know that in 15 years we’ll look back and laugh at the time a money launderer with “most-wanted” coke smuggling associates, used the club as a veil of credibility for “business” trips to Pakistan, and we looked the other way.  
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 08:51:55 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1105 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 08:56:32 »

Not remotely interested in Matty Taylor honestly.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1106 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 08:58:42 »

I would probably be happier with a new manager with no previous links to us, yes I know that goes against 90% of Swindon fans feelings.

I would also prefer somebody who has yet to try managing a first team, not it doesnt always work....Williams, McDondald, Malpas, Iffy.....it can work Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, McMahon, Wise, PdC.

I know I dont want a jobbing ex manager like Jackett, Cooper, Flitcroft, Ferguson, McInnes, Kewell etc etc.

Someone like Delaney, Betsy or Garry please with an experienced DoF alongside.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 09:00:02 »

Definitely with you there PV.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 09:01:42 »

Same. I don't understand our fans infatuation with ex players and managers. Move on.

Never works 2nd time around.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1109 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 09:04:47 »

Left of field appointment. Not ex manager. Likely to be inexpensive and a head scratching ‘who?’ type appointment, highly regarded but out of sight of most of us.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: