Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275210 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:01:25 »

If he hasn’t left why are the club looking for a replacement.

Because its as good as done, but not signed.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:02:30 »

If he hasn’t left why are the club looking for a replacement.

Because any sensible owner would have groundwork already in place in the event..  He hasn't left but they might be aware that there is a chance he might be leaving
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:04:58 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:04:00 »

Sorry, is Audrey just trolling everyone?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:04:55 »

For years  Smiley
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:05:11 »

I was just about to post that I'm starting to think that his account has been hijacked by a troll  Grin
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:07:28 »

Not trolling. But you (collective you) can’t have it both ways. Either he’s gone and Charlton don’t want to announce it - I’d say bollocks to that if I was Clem.

Or he’s still under contract with STFC in which case nothing would prevent the club from saying so.

Why should we, the fans, be left surmising what’s going on.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:10:32 »

https://twitter.com/Paynts13/status/1531551189896204288?s=20&t=Vp4DDNn0uIKwG8-PyqDtTw
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:10:57 »

Not trolling. But you (collective you) can’t have it both ways. Either he’s gone and Charlton don’t want to announce it - I’d say bollocks to that if I was Clem.

Or he’s still under contract with STFC in which case nothing would prevent the club from saying so.

Or its verbally a done deal but contracts aren't signed and therefore not official until their owner is back in the country and Garner is back off holiday.

Which means the club can't say anything.

Which is where the 'after jubilee weekend' thing comes from.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:13:59 »

I think we all have a fair idea of what's going on. We just have to wait for it to play out. Jan Airplane Man (one of the Trust Board guys on here) set it out pretty clearly a few pages back.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:14:33 »

Or its verbally a done deal but contracts aren't signed and therefore not official until their owner is back in the country and Garner is back off holiday.

Which means the club can't say anything.

Which is where the 'after jubilee weekend' thing comes from.
I know I’m sounding argumentative, but that’s would be at Charlton’s behest. What I’m saying is why are we going along with it?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:15:27 »

I think we all have a fair idea of what's going on. We just have to wait for it to play out. Jan Airplane Man (one of the Trust Board guys on here) set it out pretty clearly a few pages back.
But that’s not the Trust’s job. It’s the club’s job.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:18:46 »

I know I’m sounding argumentative, but that’s would be at Charlton’s behest. What I’m saying is why are we going along with it?

If things aren't signed, they aren't done and so can't be formally announced.

I'm sure it'll happen. I'm sure we'll appoint someone very soon after.

The DoF role I suppose could be filled ASAP - but that assumes we are keeping the model (as expected)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:19:35 »

So based on the facts, today, the only thing that the club could say is that Ben Garner is contracted to STFC.  Then next week would announce that he has signed a contract with Charlton and has left the club.  If that did happen, how would that help us?  Would you complain that they put out a statement last week and now they have contradicted that statement with the latest statement?

Nothing factual they can say with the current situation is going to help us with our craving for information, it really is as simple as that.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:20:46 »

Perhaps it's simply how Clem and the Charlton board have agreed to go about the business. In reality there is no reason I can think of why we couldn't make a statement to say 'Swindon Town have accepted an approach from Charlton to speak to Ben Garner, we are in discussions around Compensation blah blah'

For me, it does seem slightly strange that that hasn't happened in this manner, but maybe the 2 clubs agreed to keep schtum until the deal has been done. If there was no truth in Garner to Charlton then I expect it would have been stated by Clem already.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:21:52 »

^^^ what he said ^^
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: