Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275259 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 06:07:22 »

Why couldn’t clem or RAngus communicate what James Spencer did last night? And why couldn’t they have done so on official channels?

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 06:25:52 »

Not intended as a personal dig at all.  I'm sure RA is working more than he would like, but writing official Comms every day downplaying rumour and speculation is not a priority.

That was my point. Of course they’re communicating. In their position as top dogs and suddenly finding out you’re managerless and DOF deficient with preseason a month away, I’d be bloody surprised if the top brass were not in cont at with each other within the club and potential managers and their agents. Everything else in secondary and can wait.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 06:36:03 »

that's absolute bullcrap.

utter rubbish.

they won't work with Rix

I heard it was Brian Rix
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 06:42:34 »

Why couldn’t clem or RAngus communicate what James Spencer did last night? And why couldn’t they have done so on official channels?

Imagine if he'd gone on there without a message!    It's far easier and quicker to do in that way than through official comms.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 06:50:32 »

The trust don’t own the club and aren’t responsible for who it employs

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 06:53:16 »

I'm speculating..........

1. It could well be that Chorley had handed in his resignation a while ago and has been working his notice period. So, the comments about 'being gone before the playoffs' could be true in some sense.

2. The lack of comments about Garner by the club: I know that employment law is very complicated and assume that it is especially so in football, where huge sums are paid in compensation. There is so much money in football, with everyone scheming to get the best deal that they can. Agents are there to get everything they can for themselves....ahem, their clients. They use very clever lawyers to make sure that they get what they can. It could well be that if an official announcement is made about a manager leaving too early, lawyers could file for constructive dismissal and result in compensation being waived and potentially also damages being paid out to the departing manager.

Its frustrating, but it will all work itself out in time - After the Jubilee weekend based on what was said last night.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 06:53:56 »

The trust don’t own the club and aren’t responsible for who it employs
Which is the club haven't said anything.  Garner is still employed as manager.  
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 06:57:12 »

So it’s ok for the club to communicate it third hand?

It’s not open or transparent, it’s shady and manipulative. We’re not going to agree and that’s fine

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 07:08:13 »

I'm speculating..........

1. It could well be that Chorley had handed in his resignation a while ago and has been working his notice period. So, the comments about 'being gone before the playoffs' could be true in some sense.

2. The lack of comments about Garner by the club: I know that employment law is very complicated and assume that it is especially so in football, where huge sums are paid in compensation. There is so much money in football, with everyone scheming to get the best deal that they can. Agents are there to get everything they can for themselves....ahem, their clients. They use very clever lawyers to make sure that they get what they can. It could well be that if an official announcement is made about a manager leaving too early, lawyers could file for constructive dismissal and result in compensation being waived and potentially also damages being paid out to the departing manager.

Its frustrating, but it will all work itself out in time - After the Jubilee weekend based on what was said last night.

Indeed, it's also the first time the new owner/leadership of the club has dealt with such a situation so will be a learning curve for them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 07:43:48 »

Chorley - ITK or just speculating?
I saw nobody link this with garner, may have missed it. if this is linked to garner then fair enough.

i thought it was stated that the playing budget would not be lower.
define lower. I think they are doing the right thing, more players with less high earners.

however the rumour that appeared yesterday said 'non first team cutbacks'. that could be true, no?

Ditto the "new debt". Was it not confirmed this was not true?
thankfully yes.

personally think Zav had been taking rubbish/cross purposes that was then relayed, rather than this being totally made up.

no extra debt is great news and glad that rumour is wrong.

however I think we need to get the accounts properly annotated. When is the debenture repayable? Hopefully this remains on the balance sheet and out the 'repayable now' column.

I'm trying to find the Andrew black tweets because I thought it was payable in club sale. But even then we won't know if Clem's takeover is deemed qualifying.

the good thing is that the debenture hasn't yet appeared on the advisory board debt sheet. And so I expect it is a dormant issue
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #940 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 07:56:33 »

Rob is away on holiday there may be genuine reasons why he has not communicated, he has a family and entitled to his holiday. Agree though the club could and should have probably have popped that up on the website but i do think we are being a bit over the top with our reactions. The only thing the club really had to comment on yesterday was Chorley and they did
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:05:24 »

Can't blame the fans for being concerned/anxious. Considering the last 35 years  Roll Eyes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:13:10 »

Quote from: 4D
Can't blame the fans for being concerned/anxious. Considering the last 35 years  Roll Eyes

I think that's it

Any new owner is going to inheret the baggage,  rightly or wrongly. even if this were a complete changing of the guard
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:14:27 »

Chorley - ITK or just speculating? I think a few suspected he could leave if Garner goes.
As for the other points, have they not now been debunked? I thought it was stated that the playing budget would not be lower. Ditto the "new debt". Was it not confirmed this was not true?
Chorley made it clear 5 to 6 weeks ago that he was leaving.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:16:12 »

define lower.
Huh? Not higher. Or equal to.

I'm going on what was actually confirmed yesterday:

James Spencer currently on tonight's Supporters Club Monday Night Panel. Sounds like it's going to take several days before we know who's going and coming. Confirmed budget not being cut. Source - Mytton discussion with Angus today.

That sounds fairly clear cut to me. The budget is not being cut. Of course, it could be the same as last season's....

I get the impression on here that some people want to believe stuff put about by "ITK" posters about budget cuts, hidden debts, etc...even when credible sources actually at the club (Angus in this case) confirm that it is bullshit.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: