Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 276899 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 09:49:06 »

Latest from the Charlton end

‘He has posted a What’s app conversation in which Ben Garner’s Dad has told a guy in the convo that BG wants to join us, and has been offered the job, but had declined to sign it as “Sandgaard had put in unrealistic terms similar to what Jackson was on about guaranteeing a play off place”.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 09:53:54 »

Budget definately being cut, thats 100% true.

ALL the players offered new terms have been offered reduced terms from their previous contracts, Chorley wanted by Charlton and Orient, staff cuts due soon too, not 1st team staff but staff cuts in the background to save money.

Zavier admitting that extra debt has been found, he mentioned several million.

Club is pulling in purse strings, that came from Zaviers mouth at the sponsors evening.
If external debt has been found, begs the question why it hasn't been noted yet in the advisory board minutes/debt charts.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:01:30 »

When it’s Zavier Austin talking about cutting our budget and finding mystery debts, I worry. All income streams are up. Season tickets, player sales potentially and sell ons maybe as well. I remember when Power was in the shadows for a while and then became a bit more visible… 
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:02:17 »

As previously stated it sounds like we are in turmoil!
One of these if not all😀 "a state of great disturbance, confusion, or uncertainty.
"the country was in turmoil"

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:13:46 »

I have been told we will be able to comment once their guy is back in the country as the no comment is from their end. Have also been told that we have started interviewing already.

In regards to budget i think it's a bit misleading. It will likely be similar to last season but with a stronger whole squad. There's some players already on a good wage at the club  and if you look at the likes of Conroy and Paune being on close to £10k a week alone can you blame them for cutting that? That's probably 5/6 players at other clubs

Conroy & Payne on close to 10k a week is that each or combined as I thought that was lower championship wages?
« Last Edit: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:21:32 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:24:24 »

Conroy & Payne on close to 10k a week is that each or combined as I thought that was lower championship wages?

Combined, no way were we/are we paying a single player £10k per week as a flat wage. Payne was rumoured to be around the £5k per week mark of which Lincoln were paying some of this as we took over his remaining 2 years on that contract.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:26:55 »

Combined, no way were we/are we paying a single player £10k per week as a flat wage. Payne was rumoured to be around the £5k per week mark of which Lincoln were paying some of this as we took over his remaining 2 years on that contract.

That was my thinking but wasn't sure how it was worded.

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:37:59 »

Quite a few posters on here now alluding to a reduced budget this year. I really hope it’s not the case and don’t see how it can be after being under embargo,, but if so, what the fuck are the owners playing at?

Trust Rep James Spencer (JanAirplaneMan) on here May know more and now be a good time to address a lot of these rumours…
(Or if you don’t know, try find out?)

Adam Hart situation? (New beginnings thread)

Are we somehow on a reduced budget from last year?

10k + crowds and club Saying they want 6k STs and 10k + attendance every game means budget should be VERY healthy and competitive..

Why on earth have we extended STs renewals to June 24- we that skint and desperate?

DOB and now another poster mentioning more debt being found. Is there actually debt or do owners just not have a pot to piss in? Or is it both? Ha.

If the above are true- makes perfect sense as to why Garner has walked
Freddies Ferret 2.0

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:44:24 »

I think a big deep breath and less panic is needed. I know we have had years of shit to deal with but lets have trust in Clem and Rob to sort this out. Im certain we will get communication soon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:44:33 »

as said It's perfectly possible to keep the playing budget the same, and fill with more players. fair enough.

budget cuts.. we'll soon see if backroom staff go and none come in

the Adam Hart thing is worrying

nobody wants to destabilise the club/piss off Clem. But ignoring power for too long nearly took us down. better to be sure this isn't that

did anyone talk to Zav at the sponsors evening
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:47:58 »

as said It's perfectly possible to keep the playing budget the same, and fill with more players. fair enough.

budget cuts.. we'll soon see if backroom staff go and bone come in

the Adam Hart thing is worrying

nobody wants to destabilise the club/piss off Clem. But ignoring power for too long nearly took us down. better to be sure this isn't that

did anyone talk to Zav at the sponsors evening

coulda sworn someone on here said zav was on radio pre vale second leg saying budget be good next season...?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:51:54 »

To be honest if a club ever needed a rich fan to surface and take on the club it’s us. I’m just totally fed up of constantly having crooks and now even significant ex-cons involved with the club, even if innocent in motive it’s not a great look after everything that has gone on. We just seem to attract people with questionable backgrounds.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #702 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:54:13 »

To be honest if a club ever needed a rich fan to surface and take on the club it’s us. I’m just totally fed up of constantly having crooks and now even significant ex-cons involved with the club, even if innocent in motive it’s not a great look after everything that has gone on. We just seem to attract people with questionable backgrounds.
Absolutely mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:56:38 »

The scale of how rich that fan has to be has changed so much over the years though - in the olden days a local businessman running the club was viable. Now you probably need to have £50m+ in the bank (and be prepared to spend a good chunk of it) in order to make any real progress as a club, and even that is probably only to L1 level. You need to be a billionaire to make any real impact Champo and above (or very good at running stuff a la Brentford).

Not sure there is a Town fan that meets those requirements. Your man from Excalibur seemed like he might go down that path at one point, think he's involved in the Trust now? Same with Jez Webb at Supermarine - maybe a generation ago those guys run STFC. It's not really viable any more.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 10:58:17 »

difficult because they genuinely could be reformed characters.

just wish it was Clem and no baggage
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: