Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275145 times)
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 07:46:12 »

Sums up Garner as a manager that becoming Charlton manager is even taking ages to get there
I see what you are saying. For Garner to get to London he'll have to start from SN1 then hit south east London via several trips to Carlisle and Plymouth and end up at Selhurst Park.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 08:44:11 »

Reading a Charlton forum. Their owner, Thomas Sandgaard is a narcissist. He is not back into the country until next week. So it may be that everything is waiting for that.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 08:47:33 »

Reading a Charlton forum. Their owner, Thomas Sandgaard is a narcissist. He is not back into the country until next week. So it may be that everything is waiting for that.

Well whatever the score, the club know what is going on and trust me as has been the case in the past there will be many applications flooding in for the vacancy should Garner go.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 09:05:03 »

Well whatever the score, the club know what is going on and trust me as has been the case in the past there will be many applications flooding in for the vacancy should Garner go.

Absolutely this. We are a progressive exciting club for an ambitious coach. Would love a 'name' but suspect its more likely to be someone we are relatively unfamiliar with from a higher leagues teams' academy.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #604 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 09:12:52 »

Surely, the first thing is to find out if he wants the job.

Same with transfers, the fee is always negotiated in the end.

In this instance, it was reported that compo had been agreed. That should have been the end of it.
You are correct, compensation is not calculated prior to a manager leaving its only discussed after a contract has been offered. I am sure that Swindon may well have given them an idea of compensation required but it will not be set in stone hence a delay.

It has happened in the past that a manager was offered a job and compensation not agreed and that manager then walked from the club to join the new club anyway, under these circumstances the leaving manager has no bonus payments or paid up contract which is normal in football transfers at player and manager level, future bonuses paid up front, such a wierd way of doing things.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 09:15:25 »

Jesus, there are some very needy people who use this site.
The absolute irony of this post Cheesy

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 09:15:41 »

Not sure what Mark Noble's plans are since his recent retirement? Probably still cut it on the pitch at this level as well. Fit's the bill for recently retired players cutting their teeth, or am I just being overly optimistic & getting carried away?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 09:15:50 »

Quote from: Nomoreheroes

ah yes, could be that.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #608 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 09:17:50 »

Sums up Garner as a manager that becoming Charlton manager is even taking ages to get there and then miss the target
Corrected.....TBF your comment did make me chuckle Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 09:21:38 »

I think most people want Garner gone now, but with reports of the Charlton owner and his son getting involved in recruitment, training and tactics he’s setting himself up for a giant kick in the gonads.

They seem to think it’ll end up with a combo of Jason Euell, some fella called de Souza and Sandegaard’s son.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #610 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 09:35:26 »

I think most people want Garner gone now
Not sure its so much this as he blatantly isnt happy or he would have turned down their offer, hes made his bed now.

Maybe he wants to move back to London closer to his roots in Kent, maybe they are offering him a lot more in wages and bonuses (probably), maybe they have said to him he can have a free rein in the transfer market, all maybes.

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 10:24:46 »

I think we can assume that negotiations are ongoing. If there was nothing in it the club or Garner would have issued a denial by now.

My guess is Mark Delaney will be announced as replacement as they announce Garner leaving.

..never go back.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 10:27:27 »

I think we can assume that negotiations are ongoing. If there was nothing in it the club or Garner would have issued a denial by now.

My guess is Mark Delaney will be announced as replacement as they announce Garner leaving.

I'd be happy with this. We do seem to have a bit of a link with villa, Standing, Barry, KKH, the other Barry etc. At least there would be continuity in this.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 11:19:01 »

Absolutely this. We are a progressive exciting club for an ambitious coach. Would love a 'name' but suspect its more likely to be someone we are relatively unfamiliar with from a higher leagues teams' academy.
If we are to have "a name", I'd be disappointed if it's not Michael Carrick

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #614 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 11:22:05 »

Not sure its so much this as he blatantly isnt happy or he would have turned down their offer, hes made his bed now.

Maybe he wants to move back to London closer to his roots in Kent, maybe they are offering him a lot more in wages and bonuses (probably), maybe they have said to him he can have a free rein in the transfer market, all maybes.
My guess is that Garner probably knows he is only 1 bad run away from being sacked probably and has let us know Charlton were interested and if he wants to go we have said off you go then. I would not be shocked at all if when it's all announced we announce a replacement very quickly
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: