Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275141 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 15:06:14 »

I doubt we will be poaching anyone

Not unless its Luke Garrard. We could probably stretch to that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 15:19:38 »

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod
Not unless its Luke Garrard. We could probably stretch to that.

Yeah, fair
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 15:29:21 »

Am I missing something about 'our' Matt Taylor, wasn't he pretty gash at Walsall!

Appleton is on the rock n roll so at least no compo or Flynn for me albeit cannot see us paying compo.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 15:30:51 »

We will be seen as a good prospect now thanks to Clem, there will probably be plenty of in work managers that would fancy the job here and get their agent to put their name in the hat, I'm sure Clem will stick to the same criteria though, a coach who likes to get on the grass and improve players and likes to play an attacking style of football.

There may be managers in work that have a release clause but realistically we will end of with a coach who is either out of work or that his (or her) current team will allow to leave for a 1st team coach / manager role.

Again, someone who wants to put roots down and prove themselves rather than a Kenny Jackett type of manager that has been round many teams and seems to have a life span of about 1.5 - 2 seasons before it goes wrong and he is sacked. We need someone that if they are successful then yes bigger teams take note but we get decent compo.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 15:44:28 »

Going the Academy Coach Route, Mark Delaney is the one for me.

Experienced ‘manager’ route - Darren Ferguson

‘Big name’ inexperienced ex player - Michael Carrick
adje

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 15:45:24 »

That would be as depressing as a penalty shoot out in Burslem.

Yes it would..... and some

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 15:49:41 »

The more I think about it, the more I think I'd actually quite like to give Luke Garrard a chance. If we don't, I reckon AFC Wimbledon will at some point. Also ex player there and he put them out The FA Cup.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 15:51:06 »

Liam Rosenior is somebody I would look at if we wanted an untried option..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 15:56:47 »

Liam Rosenior is somebody I would look at if we wanted an untried option..

I read that too quickly and thought you were talking about his old man for a second, which I would've questioned your sanity over!

The silence from the club is deafening, so I expect it is just a case of working out the compo at the moment.

I'm sure the replacement will be a Prem or Championship academy coach, or maybe an up and comer from the conference? Challinor has done a good job at Stockport, but I suppose would want to give League Two a crack with them rather than move.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 15:57:16 »

Would it have been Garner who offered Payne,Parsons and Egbo contracts?If so,and he knew about Charlton,could that be seen as a bit dodgy?

That would have been Chorley i would expect, I assume that Garner was involved in discussions though

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 15:59:52 »

I read that too quickly and thought you were talking about his old man for a second, which I would've questioned your sanity over!

The silence from the club is deafening, so I expect it is just a case of working out the compo at the moment.

I'm sure the replacement will be a Prem or Championship academy coach, or maybe an up and comer from the conference? Challinor has done a good job at Stockport, but I suppose would want to give League Two a crack with them rather than move.

I did check it on google because i always get him and his old man mixed up Cheesy

Liam was assistant manager to Rooney at Derby, last I heard - i am sure it can't be easy there at the moment so he might fancy a crack at management

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #476 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 16:05:12 »

I have said the same i think he has something about him

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 16:17:20 »

Surely any replacement would have more charisma than Bobby Bland
DA15red

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 16:18:46 »

Charlton friends underwhelmed. I don't think Garnerball alone would have got us to autos next season. Need some steel, experience and leaders which with a few exceptions the current squad lacks. Don't think Garner would have gone for that type of player? We'll probably never know now.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 16:19:00 »

View from a Charlton fan

‘Something doesn’t stack up on Garner.

Cawley gets his info from staffers, and says that CAFC have entered talks with Swindon about compo. He also says that Garner will be bringing his coaching staff with him.

Sandgaard flatly denies this, and says no decisions have been made, and he’s still interviewing.

What we now know for certain is that Warburton, Beale and Taylor are out of the picture ….not that they were ever in it.

What happens if TS changes his mind on Garner, or, popularity conscious as ever, decides that the reaction to him is too mixed ?

Answer ….in comes the Euell and de Souza combo, with Martin handily in the wings.

A scenario that some predicted from the outset.’
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: