Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275112 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:38:44 »

Charlton fans reckon Garner is just a name on a list - definitely not appointed yet.

They wish….*maybe*
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:38:51 »

Micheal Beale it is then.

From Walford Town?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:39:16 »

Micheal Beale it is then.
He’s fav for the QPR job
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:39:59 »

Charlton fans reckon Garner is just a name on a list - definitely not appointed yet.

Really?!  I'd be surprised.  And a little awkward if true & BG didn't then get appointed.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:40:02 »

Surprised that there has been no groundswell of support for A Grant as player manager

Nothing to see here

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:40:33 »

They wish….*maybe*
One of them said he had spoken directly with Saandegard(?) and that’s what he was told. Maybe testing fans reaction.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:43:29 »

Haha Sol Campbell, would be good for shits and giggles at the reaction if it happened

Thing is with Campbell the jury is still pretty much out on his abilities or otherwise as a manager having been employed to date in two complete basket cases.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:44:11 »

Is Sheridan still with Oldham? Thought he might have been on the list.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:44:42 »

Is Sheridan still with Oldham?

Can you imagine!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:44:51 »

Thing is with Campbell the jury is still pretty much out on his abilities or otherwise as a manager having been employed to date in two complete basket cases.

Yeah think Campbell has done ok with what he’s had to work with tbh.
Wouldn’t be first choice but would be alright with him being appointed.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:51:58 »

I'm not meh about it. Had a real chance to build on his excellent work this season with a good squad,the majority of which may have stayed and now may not. The disruption which may follow if some of those players leave may be too much to mount a similar challenge. That's my fear.

This.

Apart from Hoddle, Ardiles, Macari and even Di Canio to a lesser extent, I have never been too disappointed when managers move on or get sacked as it is in the nature of professional football that continuity of service these days is quite rare in all aspects of the day to day running of a club be it players, managers, back room staff etc.. This latest revelation however has me more concerned about where we are heading considering a week ago we could have been Wembley bound and even Divvy 1 bound, and now looks as if we are floundering around looking for a new manager and back up staff and even more importantly players to take us out of this bloody Division.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:53:44 »

Yeah think Campbell has done ok with what he’s had to work with tbh.
Wouldn’t be first choice but would be alright with him being appointed.

I know it's not the be all and end all but can you see him being able to manage McKirdy?

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:54:28 »

He wouldn't need to as he won't be here😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:58:14 »

This.

Apart from Hoddle, Ardiles, Macari and even Di Canio to a lesser extent, I have never been too disappointed when managers move on or get sacked as it is in the nature of professional football that continuity of service these days is quite rare in all aspects of the day to day running of a club be it players, managers, back room staff etc.. This latest revelation however has me more concerned about where we are heading considering a week ago we could have been Wembley bound and even Divvy 1 bound, and now looks as if we are floundering around looking for a new manager and back up staff and even more importantly players to take us out of this bloody Division.

the model now put in place by Clem and Angus, in effect, should allow for coaches to be able to move on and be replaced and work under Chorley as DOF. Of course far from ideal and it's obviously not going to be seamless, but it should be less of a massive overhaul you would have thought.

Does anyone have any idea what 2 years of Compo might be for us?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:01:57 »

the model now put in place by Clem and Angus, in effect, should allow for coaches to be able to move on and be replaced and work under Chorley as DOF. Of course far from ideal and it's obviously not going to be seamless, but it should be less of a massive overhaul you would have thought.

Does anyone have any idea what 2 years of Compo might be for us?
Well, it’s compo for Garner and the 2 Scotts.  Combined salaries - 2 years would be about £300,000+
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: